Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 11:07 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
If the ACA had been openly debated, there would never have been a vote on it.
They talked about nothing but ACA for a full year. Your memory fails you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2013, 11:11 AM

171 posts, read 327,048 times
Wonder what the dinner time discussions were when Rafael "Ted" was growing up.

One might read about the overthrow of Batista in Cuba by Fidel Castro and his followers. Search engines are available to read about both Batista and Castro. Big money, corruption, executions, take-overs..... misery to the Cubans......looks to have been from both Batista and Castro.

Now....why could this possibly be an important issue to Americans?

Old 10-15-2013, 11:14 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hippie Lady View Post
Wonder what the dinner time discussions were when Rafael "Ted" was growing up.
Whatever they talk about up there in Canada, hockey, curling, moose hunting........hockey....Wayne Grectsky...

Old 10-15-2013, 11:21 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,707,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Why address the issue when you can use big words?
Those words weren't big. Perhaps the issue is that your vocabulary is small? Is there something within the right-wing perspective that justifies hate for college-level writing? What is really going on with regard to your response?

Quote:
Your ignorance confirmed for all time.
And I suppose you meant to say that my mother wears Army boots, too.

It is time to stop with the childish nonsense, and read and understand the college-level discussion of the morality of the issue, instead of engaging in more puerile evasions. The issue I raised was how the right-wing's perspectives are indecent. How about you address yourselves to matters of morality instead of trying to dodge the issue again with feigned outrage at how advanced my writing is?

Old 10-15-2013, 11:37 AM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,919,645 times
Quote:
I think they are trying to convince themselves of the GOP's demise. Isn't going to happen. What is happening is that many Republicans are cheering, because they see their Party finally taking a stand, and not simply caving to Democrat demands on every issue. It is that weakness, that failure to lead, that riles most Republicans I know. That is why the Tea Party Republicans get elected, and why they will continue to be elected. Rand Paul, for example, is very popular, and not just with people who identify with the Tea Party.

There is one very good reason why the Republicans have been so steadfast during the last several weeks, and that is that they are hearing from their constituents. If their constituents were demanding they accept the Democrat's deals, they would not be taking this stand against them.

I think all the conventional wisdom out there is wrong. The Democrats are the ones who have the most to lose in all this. And, if they don't cut a deal with the Republicans soon, they will be in for a shock when the 2014 elections come around.
Apparently the teabaggers are still "unskewing" the polls in a last ditch effort to convince themselves that the majority of the country doesn't think that they are idiots.

Old 10-15-2013, 02:33 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,763,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Apparently the teabaggers are still "unskewing" the polls in a last ditch effort to convince themselves that the majority of the country doesn't think that they are idiots.

Ouch!!!

Old 10-15-2013, 02:47 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJD View Post
It's not fear, it's interest; the GOP is old (constituent age-wise) and fractured, and even the GOP "go-to" states are becoming more, and more, democrat.

The GOP has become a spectacle. Moderate/conservative republicans vs. Tea Partiers, but they both have to make it work or both will always lose. It's interesting since it will change our country.
Where are you getting your information? There will always be states that are one way for years and then switch over, this works in both parties, but get over the "Old: idea. Look at the up and coming politicians in the party: Ryan, Cruz, Paul, Jindel, Hailey, Martinez, Rubio, and these are just for starters. Continue to think GOP is old, time will tell the story.

Old 10-15-2013, 02:54 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:

If you are the typical Democrat (as I think you are), the Republicans had better win in November, and 2016, or this country is doomed.
It already is. When over 50% of the country is on some kind of entitlement welfare, the land of the free and the home of the brave is finished, kaput, over, done!

I'm laughing. I'm old and have no heirs. I've leaving the country to the stupidity of progressivism. I lived in the best of America. If the idiots want to ruin it, so be it! It's them and their heirs who will suffer. Tough s**t, as they say!

Old 10-15-2013, 02:59 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,033,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Looks like even the "producers" are starting to jump ship because of the Rafael Cruz/Rand Paul wing of the GOP. Chickens coming home to roost

Shutdown Fallout: Paper says big business fed up with GOP | Fox News
That's about as bad as it gets when big business is getting fed up with the GOP! It's not wise to alienate your loyal supporters...lol.

Here's a key phrase from that Fox News article above...."Joe Echevarria, the chief executive of Deloitte, said both parties have extreme elements, but “the extreme right has 90 seats in the House. Occupy Wall Street has no seats.”

That's the problem. The extremists on the right have too many seats in the House and they are willing to literally crash the entire U.S. economy all in the name of "fiscal sanity". I've got some news for those tea party extremists...Being willing to go that far is fiscal INSANITY!

Big business is taking notice and so are many moderate conservatives like myself. I've voted for Republican candidates since the 80's and I too am fed up with these tea party crazies! Their extreme, uncompromising behavior is not the way to govern. The oft quoted Ronald Reagan would be ashamed of this group of Republicans and so am I.

Old 10-15-2013, 03:03 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,813,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dave View Post
That's about as bad as it gets when big business is getting fed up with the GOP! It's not wise to alienate your loyal supporters...lol.

Here's a key phrase from that Fox News article above...."Joe Echevarria, the chief executive of Deloitte, said both parties have extreme elements, but “the extreme right has 90 seats in the House. Occupy Wall Street has no seats.”

That's the problem. The extremists on the right have too many seats in the House and they are willing to literally crash the entire U.S. economy all in the name of "fiscal sanity". I've got some news for those tea party extremists...Being willing to go that far is fiscal INSANITY!

Big business is taking notice and so are many moderate conservatives like myself. I've voted for Republican candidates since the 80's and I too am fed up with these tea party crazies! Their extreme, uncompromising behavior is not the way to govern. The oft quoted Ronald Reagan would be ashamed of this group of Republicans and so am I.
Obama refuses to negotiate. It will be his fault if the entire U.S. economy crashes. He's the President.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies