Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 10:15 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,168,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I don't collect anything from the government. I only pay for it so the low class can get freebies.

I'll bet you make your mom and dad (if he knows you) proud. You are every mom and dads dream <sarcasm> LOL
So folks 65 & older are considered low class by you? That IS what medicare is, which is what I was talking about, part D. You DO know that, don't you? No, you didn't. Wow, how embarrassing for you. And another example of how classless conservatives are, calling seniors low class.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2013, 10:16 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Like I said, same happened with Medicare D & now, do you hear anything about it? No. Keep complaining though!
The same thing happened? The website was completely unusable? Provide evidence for your claim.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:17 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
I agree but most of the Tea Party base is on Medicare, Tricare, and VA so why are they so concerned about this bungled roll-out? As I recall Medicare Part D took a while to get fixed. Is the base complaining about that?
Bush's pet project, the medical records database, which he launched with an Executive Order in 2004 has cost $30 Billion so far, and it is not operational even today, nine years later. Yes, sometimes it takes time. If someone is in a rush to enroll, they can do it over the phone.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:18 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,785,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
The premiums are, for the most part, MUCH HIGHER than we had otherwise.
That was the whole idea. And then government "gives" subsidies to their favored groups: The poor, chronically ill, elderly, etc., who can then be relied on to vote for them to keep the subsidies coming.

As I've said, Obamacare was never anything but a leftist wealth-transfer program, using "health care" as today's excuse.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
The same thing happened? The website was completely unusable? Provide evidence for your claim.
I don't know how old you are but it's pretty inconceivable to me that anyone with a memory does not recall the total confusion & problems part D had when it was implemented. I call that severe selective memory.

The last time the government expanded health care, it was also kind of a disaster
MPR: Politicians turning up the heat over Medicare glitches
http://www.csg.org/knowledgecenter/d...artD-lemma.pdf

Lots more where that came from.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:33 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
So folks 65 & older are considered low class by you? That IS what medicare is, which is what I was talking about, part D. You DO know that, don't you? No, you didn't. Wow, how embarrassing for you. And another example of how classless conservatives are, calling seniors low class.
Wealthy - Young, middle age, old
Upper Class - Young, middle age, old
Middle Class - Young, middle age, old
Low Class - Young, middle age, old -> <welfare>

I don't recall saying anything about age.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:36 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times
Quote:
I don't know how old you are but it's pretty inconceivable to me that anyone with a memory does not recall the total confusion & problems part D had when it was implemented. I call that severe selective memory.

The last time the government expanded health care, it was also kind of a disaster
MPR: Politicians turning up the heat over Medicare glitches
http://www.csg.org/knowledgecenter/d...artD-lemma.pdf

Lots more where that came from.
I remember the delays but I don't think the launch was nearly as bad as Obamacare's site. In all honesty, they should have done the same thing with healthcare.gov - delayed it until it was ready. Instead, they've created a site that simply doesn't work. There were definite problems with Medicare Part D but I think the level of issues with Obamacare's site is far worse.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:38 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,443,995 times
Default Obama lovers should be embarrassed about Botched roll out of Obamacare

Dear RWNJs:

Just think...

If your teapublicans in the house hadn't spent the past two weeks doing everything in their power to shut down America, the botched roll-out of the ACA would have been THE headline news topic and millions of angry citizens would be supporting calls to repeal it. As it is, polls are showing slightly increased public approval of the ACA, even with its sign-up bugs.

Well done.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Wealthy - Young, middle age, old
Upper Class - Young, middle age, old
Middle Class - Young, middle age, old
Low Class - Young, middle age, old -> <welfare>

I don't recall saying anything about age.
Are you being deliberately obtuse? Clearly, you're responding to posts you haven't even bothered to read. I posted Medicare D. That means, Medicare Part D. That means, for folks 65 & older. Do. You. Under. Stand?

Old 10-16-2013, 10:42 AM

542 posts, read 692,204 times
Quote:
But you are still are required to signup even though you can't.
Well, technically, no. You can get insurance outside the exchanges. Or you can find a job that offers insurance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies