Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-16-2013, 06:26 PM
 
Location: San Francisco, CA
15,088 posts, read 13,458,676 times
Reputation: 14266

Advertisements

Threw many hundreds of thousands of people out of their jobs and put their paychecks in limbo for two weeks... CHECK.

Threatened to put the nation in a position of crisis as major stakeholders are quickly left out in the cold (not just the Chinese holding our debt)...CHECK.

Put a completely unnecessary drag on the economy... CHECK.

Got Chinese to say what foreign investors are now thinking, which is that they need to start thinking about an alternative to the US dollar as the world's "safe" reserve currency... CHECK.

Got another major ratings agency to contemplate reducing US credit rating, which will raise borrowing costs, raise debt, and pass on higher borrowing costs to consumers... CHECK.

Pissed off the large majority of Americans and brought public opinion of Democrats AND ESPECIALLY Republicans to historic lows... CHECK.

Eliminated Obamacare... not so much.

Reduced spending... not so much.

Accomplished anything else of tangible value... not so much.


Was it really worth it, all because a small minority of people got butthurt over a lost vote a few years back and have been living in a fantasy world ever since?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-16-2013, 06:29 PM
NCN
 
Location: NC/SC Border Patrol
21,663 posts, read 25,642,454 times
Reputation: 24375
And made Obamacare the total product of the Democrats. Good move!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2013, 06:31 PM
 
31,387 posts, read 37,070,009 times
Reputation: 15038
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
And made Obamacare the total product of the Democrats. Good move!
Nothing new or earth shattering there since that was firmly established during its passage, the 2012 elections and 42 attempts and counting to repeal. The replace part has yet to be revealed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2013, 06:33 PM
 
20,187 posts, read 23,867,274 times
Reputation: 9284
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Threw many hundreds of thousands of people out of their jobs and put their paychecks in limbo for two weeks... CHECK.

Threatened to put the nation in a position of crisis as major stakeholders are quickly left out in the cold (not just the Chinese holding our debt)...CHECK.

Put a completely unnecessary drag on the economy... CHECK.

Got Chinese to say what foreign investors are now thinking, which is that they need to start thinking about an alternative to the US dollar as the world's "safe" reserve currency... CHECK.

Got another major ratings agency to contemplate reducing US credit rating, which will raise borrowing costs, raise debt, and pass on higher borrowing costs to consumers... CHECK.

Pissed off the large majority of Americans and brought public opinion of Democrats AND ESPECIALLY Republicans to historic lows... CHECK.

Eliminated Obamacare... not so much.

Reduced spending... not so much.

Accomplished anything else of tangible value... not so much.


Was it really worth it, all because a small minority of people got butthurt over a lost vote a few years back and have been living in a fantasy world ever since?
I have to agree the Republicans were complete idiots when they did not accomplish anything out of it... the final draft that they had was promising but those idiots couldn't even do that... the House GOP are IDIOTS...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2013, 06:35 PM
 
Location: San Francisco, CA
15,088 posts, read 13,458,676 times
Reputation: 14266
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
And made Obamacare the total product of the Democrats. Good move!
Obamacare always has been the total product of the Democrats.

Funny thing is that most Americans don't like it, and this should have been easy enough for Republicans to harness. Instead, they searched really hard and found THE ONE strategy that would **** off even most Obamacare haters, and now only 1 in 4 Americans approve of them. Talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Someone should stop letting that Cruz guy drive the bus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2013, 06:36 PM
 
6,073 posts, read 4,756,963 times
Reputation: 2635
gave parasites a paid vacation, check. unfortunately they will be back to do nothing soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2013, 06:36 PM
 
Location: texas
9,127 posts, read 7,948,601 times
Reputation: 2385
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
And made Obamacare the total product of the Democrats. Good move!
It already was...so they even failed in that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2013, 06:38 PM
NCN
 
Location: NC/SC Border Patrol
21,663 posts, read 25,642,454 times
Reputation: 24375
The only idiots I see are the people that voted for the tax and spend Democrats that do not understand the bill will have to be paid some day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2013, 06:38 PM
 
3,417 posts, read 3,074,985 times
Reputation: 1241
until the tea party recognizes that its their own actions that cause them to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat, this will continue to happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2013, 06:39 PM
 
Location: Long Island, NY
19,792 posts, read 13,958,729 times
Reputation: 5661
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
gave parasites a paid vacation, check. unfortunately they will be back to do nothing soon.
How disrespectful to the people who inspect your food, protect the air and water, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top