Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2013, 05:57 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times

Advertisements

I guess all the defenders in this thread would have loved to see this guy kicked in the "junk" I mean she was half his size.....

Put him in the hospital...possible life long damage....

Of course, she was just a little ol girl....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2013, 06:13 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,806 times
You dont hit a lady......................if she acts like a lady. But if shes violent and decides she thinks she can hit you because you arent "supposed" to be able to hit her back, then she is asking for it.

Being a female is no excuse. You cant act like a decent human being and keep your hands to yourself, then be prepared for consequences, possibly painful ones.

Old 10-23-2013, 06:20 AM

742 posts, read 678,284 times
Any of you men take self defense classes or defend against a male hitting you ever? If so did you always hit him back? What if a grandma hit you because she had dementia, would you punch her...strangle her...kick her? How about your kids? Surely you wouldn't punch them as displayed in the op. There's other ways to thwart attacks, perhaps take a self defense class or martial arts.

Old 10-23-2013, 07:51 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthseeking View Post
Any of you men take self defense classes or defend against a male hitting you ever? If so did you always hit him back? What if a grandma hit you because she had dementia, would you punch her...strangle her...kick her? How about your kids? Surely you wouldn't punch them as displayed in the op. There's other ways to thwart attacks, perhaps take a self defense class or martial arts.
Let me get this straight --

you're comparing women to

(A) Children

(B) Elderly people with dementia

isn't that really infantalizing women? are they not full-fledged, able-bodied adults, capable of making their own decisions and dealing with the consequences?

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.M.M View Post
I'm not defending her actions, but yes it is equivalently the same as hitting a 13 year old boy. I have not seen Jaclyn in about 5 years, but from the video she does not appear to gained any weight. She was like 5'2 and 115 lbs. It is not exactly a fair fight
again, isn't this demeaning to adult women, to suggest that they are equivalent to 13 year old boys?

Old 10-23-2013, 07:56 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
A man should never hit a woman unless she's coming at him with a deadly weapon.
Indeed, and a woman should never hit a man, unless he's coming at her with a deadly weapon.

Yet, she did.

Old 10-23-2013, 08:09 AM

36,495 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Even though I don't condone violence my philosophy has always been if she is man enough to hit you she is man enough to take a hit, myself included.

Old 10-23-2013, 09:11 AM

23,532 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Want to be equal, fight on the front lines... go after a retreating criminal or combatant get your butt charged with a crime.

The question should be the woman's behavior attacking someone no longer a threat to her. Try to do that and you get charged with assault.

Old 10-23-2013, 10:46 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Yikes the Jets fan that Jaclyn Nugent, decided to hit turns out to be a 38 year old Kurt Paschke who was convicted of negligent homicide (he stab a fellow in a fight) and served 4 years in prison.

So ladies, a word to the wise... think very carefully before picking a fight with dudes bigger and meaner than you.

Either way, Nugent has now been charged with simple assault and disorderly conduct, or as the NY Post so aptly put it "First, she got slugged at a Jets game — then she got slapped with assault charges."

Old 10-23-2013, 10:51 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Yikes the Jets fan that Jaclyn Nugent, decided to hit turns out to be a 38 year old Kurt Paschke who was convicted of negligent homicide (he stab a fellow in a fight) and served 4 years in prison.

So ladies, a word to the wise... think very carefully before picking a fight with dudes bigger and meaner than you.

Either way, Nugent has now been charged with simple assault and disorderly conduct, or as the NY Post so aptly put it "First, she got slugged at a Jets game — then she got slapped with assault charges."

Man or woman, this is good advice. Don't start something with a complete stranger unless you're prepared to finish it. In short, don't be another victim, or statistic.

Old 10-23-2013, 11:15 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post

In addition to her and her two other friends who assaulted him, he's been charged too. I find this puzzling -- this was obviously not mutual combat. I don't get how you can charge someone who was walking away from the confrontation only to have his attackers pursue and assault him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies