Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 12:34 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,175,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
how come men are to treat women as equals except when women punch men.

Then men are supposed to hide like little girls and "Never punch a girl"?

If you want to be treated like a lady, act like one!

The attacker might be a tranny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2013, 12:36 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,459,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I'm very disturbed by the attitudes on here, just as I was on the local news website that posted the video the other day. There was comment after comment that the girl got what she deserved. Yes, the girl should never have punched the guy, but on the other hand the guy should never had hit her back. And all those people standing there not doing anything about it just sickens me. I'm pretty sure if a man hit a woman in a crowded stadium in Houston, more than a few bystanders would have kicked his butt. Men around here (at least men my age and older) were taught that you never hit a woman, period. Of course there are the idiot woman beaters everywhere, but those guys usually are smart enough to do that in private because they know it's WRONG!
if that was me i wouldn't have decked her in the face that was wrong. but i've seen the same girls repeatedly hit guys and stuff like this will eventually happen. no woman should go punching a guy over a football game.

Old 10-22-2013, 12:37 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
As a wise woman told the man who complained that his ex threatened to fabricate a physical assault to get him arrested, "Make an honest woman out of her!"
I know a girl who did this. She literally filed a PFA against her husband twice. She lost the case twice. Turns out she was cheating on him with another married man and wanted out and she wanted to keep the house and all. Woman like this should be jailed. Not only did she cost the taxpayer she is a disgusting human being. There are woman who still suffer from abuse and these these types of women are making it hard for women who truly need the law.

Old 10-22-2013, 12:38 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
I'm very disturbed by the attitudes on here, just as I was on the local news website that posted the video the other day. There was comment after comment that the girl got what she deserved. Yes, the girl should never have punched the guy, but on the other hand the guy should never had hit her back. And all those people standing there not doing anything about it just sickens me. I'm pretty sure if a man hit a woman in a crowded stadium in Houston, more than a few bystanders would have kicked his butt. Men around here (at least men my age and older) were taught that you never hit a woman, period. Of course there are the idiot woman beaters everywhere, but those guys usually are smart enough to do that in private because they know it's WRONG!

Katy... I get what your saying. As a man, I wouldn't dream of hitting or abusing my wife, or another woman. However; just because she is a woman it doesn't give her a free pass to do whatever she wants to the guy. My approach obviously would be restraint first. However; in the event that foreign objects come into play which can potentially harm my person, then the rules go out the window.

Old 10-22-2013, 12:41 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,884,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Just hold your arm out and push her away?
Feminism doesn't change biology; you are still bigger and stronger than she is.
Her butterfly punches can't hurt you.
You on the other hand can hurt her plenty.
..and his butterfly punch didn't hurt her.. He didn't hit her very hard from her reaction. A good punch would have put her on the ground, he hardly fazed her... From her reaction I would guess it was more of a slap, unless she has an iron jaw...

Old 10-22-2013, 12:44 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
As you I am daunted at your reply. I was brought up in the early 70-80's taught the same way you are speaking of, but, honestly I'm sick of the woman gettnig away with crap like this and then suddenly they are the crying little girl again....

There are way to many cases such as this where people have went to jail because a girl/woman lied....

Now, what about my posting about kicking the guy in the "junk" would you feel better if the lady would have just done that, got it over with? The guy could be in surgery within hours if he is kicked hard enough.

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I'm not an advocate of hitting women by any means. And given that by nature men tend to be physically stronger than women. Having said that at first I'd do my best to restrain her. However; if the attack continues or weapons come into play, well.... I'm going to have to defend myself. In short, man or woman, to avoid further conflict, it's best to keep your hands off of me.
Agreed. I would say that a man should avoid physical conflict with anyone else, man or woman, unless he absolutely cannot avoid it. But if the man - or woman - is aggressive and dangerous to him, he should put the aggressive party down with all deliberate speed and efficiency.

I was once attacked physically in a parking lot by a woman who was angry because my car door was blown open by the wind and very slightly hit her car. I looked at the "damage," which was a smudge of less than a quarter inch in diameter. I apologized and got back in my car, only to see her try to open my door and grab me. As I had a five-year-old in the other seat, I wasn't in the mood. I quickly got out, grabbed the woman by her shoulders, shoved her to the ground, hopped in my car and left.

About a half hour after, I got a call from the cops. They asked what happened, and I told them. They took my statement and said that would be all.

I also heard a story about this man in NYC being beaten to a pulp by two aggressive thug lesbians in a mistaken identity situation, i.e. they thought he was making fun of them, while he was actually minding his business. I guarantee that had I been in that situation I would have fought very hard to avoid that fate.

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
im here in Texas (have a cousin that lives in Katy!) and Im telling you right now, if I saw a woman run across a room and punch some dude then get lit up, I would NOT want to kick his rear end.

and I was certainly raised with the souther ethos of NEVER HIT A WOMAN.

Now what I saw of the video, there were several people working to break up the situtation. so Im not sure what you saw?

but seriously? What are men supposed to do? we are told daily that there is no difference between men and women. That we must treat women the same as men.

then when some altercation happens (started by a woman) the man just has to take it because he cant hit a woman?

im cornfused.

Old 10-22-2013, 12:46 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,120,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'd defend myself the same way as I would if she was a man.

If you ball 'em up, I'm gonna do the same. You throw 'em, then you'd better duck because they're returning with the same bad intentions. Females don't get a pass. Why should they?

Don't wanna get chin-checked? Then act like an adult and keep your hands to yourself.

This.

(I knew there was something I liked about you desertdetroiter).

Old 10-22-2013, 12:47 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Don't know about you all, but some of these women I would not want to get hit by...and I'm not a small dude...5'10" 210 lbs....

https://www.google.com/search?q=wome...w=1229&bih=858
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies