Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 03:04 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Again, if you had read my other posts, you would see that I agreed with Gtown about that. "Impaired" doesn't just mean under the influence of alcohol or pot, it means what it means, "impaired". If you are too busy looking at your phone, and not paying attention to the road, you are impaired. If you hurt someone because of it, the punishments need to be far more severe than they are now. Is my point.

I agree, dead is dead!!! injured is injured!!! a paraplegic is a paraplegic!!! doesn't matter whether it was a texting driver, drunk driver, a stoned driver, or one on prescription drugs...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2013, 03:05 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
I agree, dead is dead!!! injured is injured!!! a paraplegic is a paraplegic!!! doesn't matter whether it was a texting driver, drunk driver, a stoned driver, or one on prescription drugs...
And if no one was hurt at all? No accident occurred.

Old 10-26-2013, 03:37 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,839,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I think we will be mostly legal within 5 to 10 years it will be mostly legal.

Gallup Poll Finds 58% Of Americans Favor Legalizing Marijuana - Forbes

According to a new*Gallup poll, 58 percent of Americans support legalizing marijuana—the largest percentage ever in that survey. “Success at the ballot box in the past year in Colorado and Washington may have increased Americans’ tolerance for marijuana legalization,” Gallup says. “Support for legalization has jumped 10 percentage points since last November and the legal momentum shows no sign of abating.”

I also recall a book titled "The Extraordinary Delusions and Popular Madness of Crowds"

Old 10-26-2013, 04:41 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Drugs give the lazy unemployed something to do with all their free time.

Old 10-26-2013, 04:58 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,502,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Weird, I work full time and most days after work I enjoy a craft brew or two with my coworkers. This is a steady drug habit, yet, as stated before, I work full time.

Sometimes my beers are accompanied by nicotine and cannabis. So your point is kinda... umm... wrong.

Old 10-26-2013, 05:00 PM

3,493 posts, read 3,203,885 times
Tons of pot everywhere sold on the black market..so legalize it already BUT:

Tax it for Chrissakes! Nobody has an issue with exhorbitant taxes on tobacco, and alcohol. Can you imagine how much tax money they could get out it? You have any idea how much tax is paid on a lousy pack of ciggies? Can you imagine the revenue this would produce?

Even more importantly, legalize meth and tax it too! More people are robbed and even killed by crazed meth addicts running all over the place. Let the idiots get their fix (priced on, say, McDonald's wages) so they'll leave people alone. Just make sure ya tax it.

Old 10-26-2013, 05:00 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,335,772 times
I was surprised to learn there was a poll a couple of months ago in Oklahoma in which they apparently took great pains to cover a wide demographic of urban, rural, various ages and cultural/ethnic backgrounds, etc. and the results showed 71% in the state supported medical marijuana and 57% supported legalization across the board.

Old 10-26-2013, 05:04 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,335,772 times
Quote:
By "drugs" are you also including aspirin and other over-the-counter drugs? Caffeine? Nicotine? Alcohol? And the host of Big Pharma chemical compounds that are prescribed ubiquitously on a daily basis?

This is a really baseless, nonsensical statement. Plenty of successful professionals and working class people engage in drug use, from pills to beer to pot.

You could replace the word "drugs" in your statement with "asparagus" and have a statement equally valid and accurate.

Which is to say, not very valid or accurate at all...

Old 10-26-2013, 05:07 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,502,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinbrookNine View Post
Tons of pot everywhere sold on the black market..so legalize it already BUT:

Tax it for Chrissakes! Nobody has an issue with exhorbitant taxes on tobacco, and alcohol. Can you imagine how much tax money they could get out it? You have any idea how much tax is paid on a lousy pack of ciggies? Can you imagine the revenue this would produce?

Even more importantly, legalize meth and tax it too! More people are robbed and even killed by crazed meth addicts running all over the place. Let the idiots get their fix (priced on, say, McDonald's wages) so they'll leave people alone. Just make sure ya tax it.
I just voted no on the tax on recreational marijuana in Colorado. Remember, the black market for cannabis is very established, if you tax it too much on the legitimate market, people won't buy.

If it is to be taxed it has to start out at low rates so that the legitimate market has a chance to compete with the black market and attract customers, otherwise the problems inherent with prohibition stay in play.

All drugs should be legal, that is the only way to make all drugs safe as possible, and we should be raising humans who are responsible and intelligent enough to decide what to put in their own body.

Old 10-26-2013, 05:53 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
Quote:
You mean like stockbrokers snorting coke?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies