Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 02:19 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Maybe not, but it is well documented that JFK hated liberals.
JFK was certainly not like any of today's "liberals."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2013, 02:24 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,331,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
And that is the right answer.

This is why Rush Limbaugh is so popular. It's the message (stupid). People have said Rush (and others) are just "entertainers." Yes, he is "entertaining." But, he also makes sense. He truly is a teacher of conservative principles (and "doctor of democracy"), and that is what people hear and why they listen. They aslo tell their children to listen, and their friends, etc.

Since we home schooled our two daughters, they were "raised on Rush," and because of that, they understand more about current events, politics, and our government than most liberal posters on C-D.

Recently I heard a certain politician remark on C-Span in response to a callers comments that, "Rush is just an entertainer, and he has to sell advertising." Rush doesn't "sell" advertising. He doesn't need to. They come to him. That is how popular his show is.

When the Sandra Fluke contorversy cost him a couple of advertisers, they were quickly replaced, and when one (that I know of) tried to come back, that sponsor was told, "Sorry." They will probably never be allowed to advertise on the Rush Limbaugh show again.
I do hope you expose them to the Daily Currant, what with your superior understanding of current events, politics and government.
Did you know Michelle Bachmann was taken hostage in Iran?

Old 10-23-2013, 02:54 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
The expression is "from cradle to grave", o literate one. And it's the right who wants the government to take care of them. You'll recall that it's the right who thinks women should be forced to bear children against their will to make right wingers happy.
This is an example of leftist propaganda. This is how it works. You take an issue like abortion, and make it an argument about male dominance over a woman's body, instead of what it is, a moral argument against the killing of children in the womb. It is wrong. Murder is murder, and the cruelty involved, the way it is most often done, is barbaric, to put it mildly.

Human life has value, whether convenient or not. No one has the right to murder another person, simply because that person is still in the womb and is seen as an "inconvenience."

And, lets remember who Margaret Sanger was (the founder of Planned Parenthood). She believed in abortion as a way to reduce the population of those she believed to be of low intelligence (blacks, hispanics). She was truly an evil woman.

Quote:
You'll recall it's the right who think they shouldn't have to pay taxes on the grounds that it makes them sad.
I have no idea what this is about. Where have you heard that.
But excessive taxation for the purposes of redistributing wealth because of some ilinformed belief in something called "economic inequality" (which is at best, a myth), is not only wrong, it is theft, and goes against every tenet of our founding economic principles, and that a person is entitled to the fruits of their labor.

Quote:
You'll recall it was the wacked-out right who thought the government should prevent a Muslim community center being built in Manhattan because Muslims make right-winger pee their panties.
It would be an insult, and a slap in the face to all those families of loved ones who died on 9/11 because of what a group of Muslim Jihadists did, for us to allow such an abomination. These mosques raise up Jihadists right here on our soil (Boston Maraton?). Islam is the enemy of the Western World, and especially the United States. They teach hatred for the West and for Americans in these mosques. It is their purpose to make the United States a Muslim country.

Quote:
The left understand the wisdom of providing a social safety net for the benefit of whoever needs it. The right wants the government to be their mommy and see to it they don't have to deal with anything that upsets them or makes them sad. What actually happens doesn't matter to the right, what matters to the right is that they get their way
The "nanny state" mentality resides on the Left. Sorry.

Quote:
Again, in case you haven't got the point yet, right wingers want government to be their mommy and protect them from anything that makes them scared or upset or sad. Results don't matter to the right, what matters is not being scared or sad.

It's really laughable and pathetic.
What is laugable and pathetic are posts like yours.

Old 10-23-2013, 03:14 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,122,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Fear-mongering sells.
"They're lying to you!"
"The end is near!"
"Stock up on non-perishables and generators!"
"Buy gold! The crash is coming!"
"Stock up on ammo! The marauding hordes are coming to getcha!"
"The smart folks are building survival shelters!"
"They're poisoning you with food and vaccinations!"
"We're on the road to perdition!"

Ties in nicely with RW paranoia. It feeds on itself.
"They'll throw grandma off the cliff!"
"The oceans will rise and wipe out Manhattan!"
"If you let them carry guns, blood will be running in the streets!"
"We'll have to default on our debt!"
"If we don't pass this law [ACA] NOW, everyone will die! It's a crisis!!!!!!"
"The Koch Brothers want to rule the world!!1!11!!!"
and of course
"They're lying to you!" (sound familiar?)

Yeah, fear is strictly a "RW" tactic. Uh-huh.

Sometimes I wonder if there's a single honest person anywhere to be found in this forum. And then I realize that no, there really isn't.

Old 10-23-2013, 03:37 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,973,518 times
Quote:
Yes, of course, you're always correct, even when you make up your own definitions because "dictionaries lie."
You ARE entertaining; I'll give you that.
No, you're just posting lies again.

I never said "dictionaries lie". And I don't make up definitions.

Remember, conservatives discuss ideas... liberals do what you do - attack the person.

Old 10-23-2013, 03:38 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,973,518 times
Quote:
You think the USA is a monarchy? Damn!
The current president has deluded himself that he is.

Old 10-23-2013, 03:46 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Because there's no intellectual component to liberalism. It's a "do nothing" philosophy. It requires nothing of you, it challenges nothing in you, and it runs counter to life and common sense. It's a series of platitudes with no foundation.

It isn't easy to understand why government should be limited. It isn't instant gratification to say "no, you must earn your own way". But yet, for those who learn, there's a whole life change. Your point of view changes, you learn to question pop culture and populist sounding politics. You are required to question all the easy answers to be 'conservative', since by definition, it requires sober judgment and extreme hesitancy to adopt things merely because they sound good on the surface.

This change in a person's point of view means they engage their mind, not their emotions. And, conservatives debate ideas and their validity, liberals debate people. One hour of hearing how bad someone is for thinking something that makes perfect sense is enough to make you turn them off.

And, so, conservatives have a broader audience, since the vast majority of intellectually engaged people are conservative and they thrive on hearing and thinking through ideas. What argument has a liberal got, other than "he's a bad person"? None. And that's why their audience is so miniscule - they'd rather be hearing whatever Lady Gaga did last night.
The absolute nonsense in your posts is baffling. Conservatives are not more intellectually engaged. The most intelligent parts of the country are predominately liberal. Most intellectual heavyweights are liberal. Most prestigious universities like Yale, Harvard, Princeton, etc. are liberal. Rachel Maddow is a heck of lot more of an intellectual than Rush Limbaugh, regardless of the fact that more idiots listen to him.

And since when are modern day Conservatives about limited government?

Fox News Viewers Uninformed, NPR Listeners Not, Poll Suggests - Forbes

Old 10-23-2013, 03:54 PM

23,566 posts, read 17,241,593 times
Even liberals need to hear the news more objectively.... they make up a large porotion of the audience.

Old 10-23-2013, 05:17 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,264,862 times
Quote:
So, when all else fails, try IMPLYING the other guy is truly an abominable person, instead of just saying it.

Funny how I'm correct and you insist on proving it.
And yet ... those are the ideas your party discusses all the time. 'Tis a fact. Deal.

Old 10-23-2013, 05:22 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,264,862 times
Quote:
As I have repeated here many times... Liberals don't say "the ends justifies the means", they say "I'm right and I'm sooo good I have a right to force my wishes on you, you subhuman, greedy, racist, waste of air".
Like, oh, I don't know ... trying to pass laws requiring women to have an invasive medical procedure against their wishes? Or trying to pass laws to make everyone live by the Christian religion or at least say "Merry Christmas"? Or maybe "There are only 30 of us in the US Senate who want to defund Obamacare, so you better do it or we'll crash the economy that dictates the survival of the free world?" That kind of "I'm right and I have a right to force my wishes on you" thinking?

I think you nailed it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies