Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 10:58 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What state is this and how many kids does she have?
or is it even a real person?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2013, 06:31 PM

835 posts, read 1,040,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
or is it even a real person?
I really doubt this is real.

How is it even possible to receive that amount?

Old 10-24-2013, 09:14 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,443,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
I really doubt this is real.

How is it even possible to receive that amount?
It's not real. Read the whole thread. It was clearly just a prank post.

Old 10-24-2013, 09:25 PM

1,125 posts, read 1,591,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
OP grabbed it from somewhere - so apparently many right wingers are getting punked.
Liberal mindset, "You shouldn't stereotype people, it's totally wrong!"

30 seconds later same liberal; "Look, one right wing person was mislead by a joke.... so apparently many right wingers are getting punked."

Old 10-24-2013, 09:29 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
She should have voted for Romney.

Then she would be off welfare and food stamps.

She would be gainfully employed and providing for herself - not dependent on the government due to the Great Obama recession.

Old 10-24-2013, 09:30 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,994,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I hate Twitter, and I haven't gone on Facebook in a long time!
Agreed.
I never got on the Facebook or Twitter bandwagon.
My philosophy in most things is to look at what the majority of people are running toward. I then run in the opposite direction. It hasn't steered me wrong yet.
Let's face it, most people are stupid. I don't say that with malice, but it's true.

Old 10-25-2013, 05:29 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,336,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

She would be gainfully employed and providing for herself - not dependent on the government due to the Great Obama recession.
Harrier must enjoy living in Harrier's little Fantasy Land of Harrier's own making where Harrier can make completely baseless and unsubstantiable claims based on nothing but Harrier's opinion and present them as facts.

Harrier is such a funny hardcore partisan robot.

Old 10-25-2013, 05:36 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,336,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
Agreed.
I never got on the Facebook or Twitter bandwagon.
My philosophy in most things is to look at what the majority of people are running toward. I then run in the opposite direction. It hasn't steered me wrong yet.
Let's face it, most people are stupid. I don't say that with malice, but it's true.
I disagree with you on a lot of subjects, but I'm with you 100% on this.

Actually, to be truthful and accurate, while I have never once even looked at Twitter (much less Tweeted) I did set up a FaceBook account about 5 years back strictly to reconnect with some old friends.

I was Googling people I used to know and kept getting results that said "So-And-So has a FaceBook page" but of course I had to sign up in order to get in touch with them and send them a message.

Once I had gotten back in touch with these people and had their phone numbers and emails, that was pretty much it for me. I think in the 5 years I've had the account I've probably spent less than three hours total on that site.

It's funny, I heard a news story recently that one of the upcoming big things with the internet is companies who will go online and sanitize your presence on the web. People who have spent years posting the most boring minutia of their lives "Hey! Making a turkey sandwich for lunch!" or posting revealing photos or talking about partying or other potentially embarrassing stuff are now realizing that they have willfully allowed their private lives to become very, very public. Now they are ashamed, or worried about what a prospective employer might find about them online on some social network, etc., etc.

And they are brainless enough to be surprised by this.

Old 10-25-2013, 06:18 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,904 times
I have never had a face book page and no nothing about twitter after reading the old birds face book page I knew it was for the stupid. I agree with Patton also never run with the crowd unless there is a fire they at least have enough common sense to run away from it. Or then again it could be animal instinct. One of my favorite quotes is " I rather stand alone then run with the hyennas"

Old 10-25-2013, 06:23 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

This is nonsense what could have Romney done? Our gvt would be just as gridlocked for example could Romney pass a tax cut by the Senate? or how about killing Obamacare? He could not have done neither and I hope you did not think over 2 seconds writing that tripe response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies