Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2013, 01:27 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
He has also argued and won cases before the SCOTUS.

You miss the point here, it's liberals who engage in personality cults, either to worship or despise people. It does not matter what income a person's family earned when they were a child, or which college or university they attended, what matters is the content of their character.

It's the left who claim to embrace MLK, but they continually judge by the baser attributes of people, focusing solely on the color their skin color, perceived class or educational status, and their religious or political ideology.
...and so he has...

Quote:
Mr. Cruz rarely mentions his earliest appearances before the Supreme Court, which do not make for great campaign material. During his first trip there, in 2003, he argued that Texas was free to back out of a legal settlement in which it had vowed to improve health care services for poor children. The justices ruled unanimously against Texas.

Mr. Cruz’s last case as solicitor general to reach the Supreme Court has emerged as a campaign issue, as his defeat abruptly transformed from a loss into an embarrassment. Soon after the court ruled in 2008 on Kennedy v. Louisiana that the death penalty for raping a child was unconstitutional, a blogger pointed out that Congress allowed such a punishment for the same crime under military court-martial.

None of the briefs filed in the case mentioned it, and neither did Mr. Cruz, who had argued in support of Louisiana on behalf of 10 states.

“Ted Cruz’s incompetent research led to the gutting of one of the toughest versions of Jessica’s Law in the nation,” Mark Miner, an adviser for Mr. Dewhurst, said last month.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/22/us...ourt.html?_r=0

Old 10-31-2013, 01:30 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,944,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfman View Post
agreed

examples:

"Liberals don't explode over Palin" That's right up there with no other President has been attacked like Obama.

First they berate her and say they want her outta here! When that doesn't work, they say they want her "out there in front to show the public what the Tea Party movement is like"

I got news for you. The last month has proven the TEA party has been correct from the beginning.
I don't speak with anyone or for anyone. You can start a 1000 threads on Sarah Palin...that doesn't make her relevant.

Old 10-31-2013, 01:31 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,032,148 times
We've gone from a Palin-centric thread to an any tea party candidate slam. Good job liberals, way to stay on topic.

Old 10-31-2013, 01:40 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Why does the far right continue to think liberals 'explode' over Palin?
We don't. The fact is, we don't believe she will ever be elected at all.

Of course, we don't hear anything about the conservatives 'exploding', but her chances of ever becoming a national Republican candidate are just as non-existent. The Republicans don't like her at all, and she's completely unwinnable now.

Her last best chance happened in 2010 when she was at the height of her conservative popularity. She could have built a strong campaign organization like Romney's, but she didn't, even when she was pressed to do so. Even as late as 2011 she still had a strong enough base to make a serious primary run, but she didn't.
Instead, she trifled her time away on Facebook and got a job at Fox. She made nonsensical appearances and flirted, and got all defensive about her daughter's short shot at fame dancing on a TV show. She never once showed any serious effort in becoming a candidate.
And to this day, she still shows no evidence she will ever seek national office again.

Sarah Palin has decided to join the ranks of one timers, like Pat Buchanan, Pat Robertson and many others who made one attempt and never got anywhere. They all know they are unelectable, and Palin is smart enough to know she's got it good right where she is at the present.

She's not interested in re-joining the Republican establishment at all, and the establishment is glad of it. She humiliated herself on her visits abroad a few years ago, is oversensitive to all criticism of her here at home, and has no interest in becoming President, where she would have to withstand intense scrutiny over everything she would say or do.

Her time came and went. She knows it. It's now time for her supporters to wish her well and forget about the fairy tale that never came true.

Old 10-31-2013, 01:42 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
I don't speak with anyone or for anyone. You can start a 1000 threads on Sarah Palin...that doesn't make her relevant.
She is always good for a laugh, other than that she is incredibly obnoxious...and that voice! OMG that voice!

Old 10-31-2013, 01:42 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
See if Sowell was right... this is 4 years old.

"Not one of us". This is the perfect elitist attitude. No liberal argues with her accomplishments as a governor. They try to pretend she didn't have any, and they lie about them with impunity... but why go through such efforts to continue the personal attacks?

Palin's approval rating was near 80% in Alaska until the partisans from the lower 48 started their campaign.

Over the years, I've gotten into a lot of discussions with a lot of libs... An interesting phenomenon occurs... the moment you disagree, the response is "Let's compare resumes..." An idea is valid because of a resume? Not because it's good and has merit?
So what exactly are her accomplishments ?

Old 10-31-2013, 02:09 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
You can see the essence of the Palin-haters right on this thread. Lefties have developed a stock set of name-calls to throw at her, and they never seem to tire of throwing them. You can see the exact same phenomenon on any thread about Limbaugh. There will be at least 5-10 posts calling him fat, 5-10 calling him a drug addict, etc.

I'll never forget the day of the Tucson AZ shooting. It was a Saturday and I was at home futzing around on the computer. IIRC the shooting happened around 9AM, and by around 11:00AM there was a news story up at my local paper's site (Seattle Times) linking the shooting to Sarah Palin. By late afternoon it was all over the lefty blogosphere. By that night, it had been debunked by the righty blogosphere. The shooter was a mentally ill man, and to the best of my knowledge it was never shown that he had ever been on Palin's web site, read any of her writings, or even knew who she was.

Even lib NYT columnist Charles Blow wrote a column bemoaning the absurdity of the efforts to link Palin to the shooting. Your brain on liberalism.
Yup. That was a black day for her. Those targets on her website sure didn't do her any good, and her usual speech punchline of "We don't retreat- we reload!" didn't help her either. But the worst of all was her defensive 'blood atonement' semi-apology for having the target map on her website. That one left a permanent mark on her that lost her chances for ever winning anything forever.

And the saddest thing was: she didn't even anything know about the definition of blood atonement. It was just a far-right term she latched onto, thinking it was cool. Many other folks didn't know anything about blood atonement either, but the phrase left a very bad taste in everyone's mouth, friend or foe.

Palin has dialed down her militancy a lot since then. But she is still a flamboyantly large and easy target to snipe at by both liberals and all conservatives who haven't fallen in the Koolaide tub, and she has trapped herself in her own past rhetoric forever now.

She won't ever run again, but she will go down in history as a colorful political oddity. There have been many others who rose and fell in the wink of an eye, but very few have been able to capitalize on their failures as Palin has done. Her slow fade has been masterful, and she has a rare ability to turn her screw-ups into money, time after time. I give her full props for that.

The wonder of it all is most of her grifting is perfectly legal. That alone is a major accomplishment, as most grifters end up in prison.

Last edited by banjomike; 10-31-2013 at 02:21 PM..

Old 10-31-2013, 02:13 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
She is always good for a laugh, other than that she is incredibly obnoxious...and that voice! OMG that voice!
Like fingernails on a chalkboard. Ugh.

Old 10-31-2013, 02:21 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,696,825 times
I'm a Conservative but not really a fan of Palin as far as a politician goes. I feel she lacks the necessary experience to be in the White House, I would still vote for her if she won the GOP nominee, but she's not my first pick. However I think that liberals are far too vicious and hateful towards her, and their actions show their true colors. They pretend to be all open minded and tolerant and caring, but yet they are absolutely vile and brutal against Palin and her family. I think she's a strong woman who has done a great job raising her family, especially one who has Downs Syndrome. That takes a very strong person to do so.

The biggest problem with Sarah Palin is she is so misrepresented by the media that people have terrible misconceptions about her. People actually believe she said "I can see my Russia from my backyard" even though she never did, it was Tina Fey on SNL who said that. The main stream media just relentlessly attacedk her with false and distorted images and information, it's amazing how gulluable many people are, they'll just believe whatever they see or hear without thinking about it. Once again, if liberals were truly open minded they would have questioned these things instead of believing them. Anyone who is still in denial about the main stream media having a liberal bias and agenda just needs to look at what they did with Palin.

I mean I'm not a fan of Obama, but I would never say such hateful things about him or make fun of his children like many liberals did with Palin.

Old 10-31-2013, 02:21 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
So what exactly are her accomplishments ?
She definitely knows how to use "other people's money"

oh, wait, isn't that the Reich Wing meme for liburuls?

Palin Bilked Alaskan Taxpayers $16,941 ‘Per Diem’ To Stay Home At Her House
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies