Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2013, 02:31 AM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
So basically once the public gets clear on why these policies have been cancelled this will become less of a problem for Obama compared to what we saw this past week.

No, we know better than that as well as what these "essential services" entail.

Maternity coverage for men?
The are those here that had good coverage that has been cancelled.

"Skimpy" plans are by definition of the government, not the consumer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2013, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
He lied. The fact that the plans sucked is rather immaterial. The fact of the matter is that he lied, repeatedly.

It was a stupid lie, too. He should've just been blunt from the beginning.

It's a lie that most of the cancelled plans sucked too.

Old 11-04-2013, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
My premiums went up, my deductible went up, I don't need pregnancy or mental health coverage... Now I am paying more for LESS... even though I am paying more, my deductible is twice as much...

A wallet never forgets.

Old 11-04-2013, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
No. I acknowledge that Obama and his people didn't fully elaborate. He told the truth partially that people will be able to keep their policies assuming they met certain standards. He should have explained things better. I think Obama tried to simplyfy things too much with his messaging on this.

You have lost your soul to Obama.
This is a pathetic excuse of an argument.

Old 11-04-2013, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Thanks, it is really helpful to have a post from someone who is not affected by changes to the individual health insurance market comment on it as if they knew what they were talking about.

Now here are some real facts about two actual policies.

One of them has $3,600 in family deductible per calendar year, then covers 80% expenses above that until a total of $9,000 has been paid out of pocket.

The other one has $5,000 in family deductible per calendar year, then only pays 50% of the expenses above that, until a total of $12,700 has been paid out of pocket.

Now if I had the second policy and Obamacare was going to get me the superior first policy, I would agree with you that there is no cause for outrage.

BUT I had the first policy, a lower deductible then 80% coverage. Obamacare cancelled that policy and inflicted the worse policy, higher deductibles, 50% coverage, more expense out of pocket.

Did you catch that?? 50% benefits? No policy was that crappy until Obamacare came along. 50% coverage stinks.

Oh, yeah, but if my 57 year old wife gets pregnant, it is covered now. Big whoop.

And I did have comprehensive coverage, no exclusions, no benefit limits. Now I get a screwing. So I am outraged, even though your ignorant liberal media sources can't understand why.

Those that experience this as well as those like myself that for now get to continue this year with the same coverage BUT with a 93.7% premium increase know the truth firsthand.
Next year will be worse.

We will spread the knowledge of our experience and will never fall for propaganda that tries to convince us otherwise about our very own lives as Motion is trying to propagate here.

We are living the reality of Obamacare.

Old 11-04-2013, 04:30 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Those that experience this as well as those like myself that for now get to continue this year with the same coverage BUT with a 93.7% premium increase know the truth firsthand.
Next year will be worse.

We will spread the knowledge of our experience and will never fall for propaganda that tries to convince us otherwise about our very own lives as Motion is trying to propagate here.

We are living the reality of Obamacare.
I have to laugh....some of the posters here that keep referring to good policies as "junk" are probably the same ones that would buy something like what Aflac sells without reading and think they bought real coverage.
When it comes to people like that, even though he's trying, even Obama can't fix stupidity.

Old 11-04-2013, 04:51 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,545,982 times
Obots sure are pathetic.

Old 11-04-2013, 05:02 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Answer - junk insurance. Lots of people have insurance and think that they are covered and then something like this happens and NOPE, insufficient coverage.

I have no idea why his wife left. Could be the financial pressures drove her up a wall? Maybe they were headed toward a divorce anyway? Who knows?
You're just assuming a lot of things that you have no idea is true.

Old 11-04-2013, 05:30 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
The reason behind the cancellations doesn't matter.
ALL that matters is obama made a promise, then HIS law and HIS regulatory agency made him a LIAR!
HE had the opportunity to delay the individual mandate. HIS response: "I will not negotiate!"
Spin it any way you want, the bottom line is: HE LIED!
No he hasn't lied... he has said plans will go away since 2009. Review his answer to Jake Tapper near the end of this Press Conference. Please, all the phony GOP spew about what he said is useful only on the people unfamiliar with the subject.

Press Conference by the President, 6-23-09 | The White House

Old 11-04-2013, 05:35 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vergofa View Post
Here is a great Obamacare website that is up and running:

ObamaCare Cancelled Your Health Insurance. Now, Send Us Your Letter.

MyCancellation.com

"Due to changes handed down by the Federal Government and the Patient
Protection and Affordable Care Act, some of our plans do not meet the
minimum requirements outlined by Health Care Reform."
And the problem no dummy dem sees is that they think it's perfectly fine for the government to decide what required coverage people have to pay for, like some 58 year old single male paying for maternity care. Their new policies are expensive for all of the things people don't need or want with sky high deductibles they will have to pay for out of pocket on what they do need and want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies