Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 10:23 AM

4,749 posts, read 4,323,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
sorry, what is 'it'? where does it say this?
Quote:
McBride’s maternal aunt, Bernita Spinks, told The Detroit News the young woman was shot in the back of the head as she left the porch of the home where she sought assistance.
Source

Old 11-07-2013, 10:35 AM

78,431 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
That wasn't my intention. Dearborn Heights is a majority white town. The site that I linked in the previous post considers Dearborn Heights to be a sundown town.

By pointing out the Dearborn Heights is a majority town, I was trying to point out that due to the lack of racial diversity.

There is a tendency for whites who grow up in an area with majority whites to be prejudice towards those of other races. This is true especially when they don't move to another area. The same goes for blacks, Hispanics, Asians, etc.
So, with no facts, no knoweldge of the shooters race you are trying to use the cities demographics to claim it was a racially motivated shooting?

With 8% black population, if the whole town was just a mass of white racists you would sure expect to see a lot of killings right?

//www.city-data.com/city/Dearbo...-Michigan.html

Dearborne heights has around 56k residents. 47,000 white, 4500 black.

They average only 1.25 murders per year. (That's about the rate of murder in Canada per 100k people)

Seems like you have a whole bunch of people getting along just fine in that town. Your theory of white racists just itching to gun down blacks seems like it's oh....lacking murders.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:38 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
It's on several news sites but my explorer is going wacky and they are crashing so no link, you will have to google it yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
Thanks. so there's just the aunt's claim at this point, no autopsy report has been released.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:58 AM

78,431 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Thanks. so there's just the aunt's claim at this point, no autopsy report has been released.
I've seen some police statements and it appears they are recommending charges.

Stupid time-us website is still crashing. I would suggest going there, it might work for you.

The sad thing is that girl like her get shot most of the time by blacks, in black communities and it gets ignored. But if you get killed by some idiot or criminal etc. in a white community then all of the sudden people want to talk about the tragedy because it's of course....racially motivated.

Or if it's a white person killed by blacks then stormfronter types leap all over it.

It's sickening to watch the racists work their craft.

Old 11-07-2013, 12:22 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,148,176 times
Seems like both people used poor judgment. No way in hell i'm going to knock on somebody's door that I don't know at 2:30am

Old 11-07-2013, 12:27 PM

3,085 posts, read 5,240,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Seems like both people used poor judgment. No way in hell i'm going to knock on somebody's door that I don't know at 2:30am
Her cell phone battery died. What else was she supposed to do?

Old 11-07-2013, 01:00 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
If someone was just stealing things and I confronted them, I would let them go and keep their "loot". Theft is not worth killing or dying over.
Time to buy ice-rink shares in Hades, because I agree with you.

Old 11-07-2013, 01:04 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Obviously what she did do did not work out too well.

Old 11-07-2013, 01:05 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,148,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
You know prior to the year 2000, most people survived without cell phones? Unless she was in the middle of no where I would walk to the closet gas station. And if she was in the middle of nowhere I would sleep in the car until the morning. Knocking on somebody's door at 2:00am is asking for trouble.

Old 11-07-2013, 02:22 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
This is unfortunate, no question about it. But can someone tell me why non-blacks have to make their neighborhoods, businesses, streets etc safe for blacks and free from discrimination and profiling, while blacks aren't required to do the same?

If a black person gets shot in a non-black neighborhood 'This black person was racially profiled!! That's WRONG and it shouldn't happen. We need to stop being racist against blacks!'

If a white or non-black person gets shot in a black neighborhood 'Well what the hell was he doing in THAT neighborhood when its known to be a dangerous area?? Its sad that he got shot, but he should've known better than to pass through there'.

Can someone explain to me how this is fair? Hell I think most non-blacks would just settle for blacks not making NON-BLACK neighborhoods and streets dangerous, let alone making black neighborhoods safer. So please tell me why non-blacks have to bend over backwards to accomodate blacks while blacks won't bend AN INCH to reciprocate?
the main problem with your post is that there are not any "non black neighborhoods" or "black neighborhoods". there are neighborhoods in which the residents can afford to live. why should I be harassed or shot at because I live in a neighborhood that is 80% white, because there are black criminals? I moved there, because I could afford to live in a middle class/upper middle class area, not because I wanted to live by (and victimize) white people. and you know who the biggest victims in crime ridden "black neighborhoods" are? black people. I'm black and I don't go into any crime ridden, poverty stricken area expecting to be safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies