Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 02:48 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,687,072 times

Advertisements

he didn't even have to come outside. he could have called the police. Then again maybe the police would shot her too

Old 11-07-2013, 03:23 PM

78,385 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Finally, an update. It would appear Ugga was correct to question the "shot in the back of the head" because the police are saying it's not true and have no idea where the relatives are getting that from and now the aunt that was saying it says she doesn't know.

Homeowner told police shotgun accidentally discharged, killing Renisha McBride | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

The plot thickens:

Quote:
Serwatowski said the shooting occurred about 3:40 a.m. and the accident happened at about 1:30 a.m. He declined to say what police believe McBride was doing before and after the accident.
The accident was in DETROIT but she was shot in Dearborn Heights....wierd.

So, what we have here is a family that went to the press with a number of statements that are proven now to be false....I'm going to have to wait for more information.

My inclination is that it's still manslaughter.

Old 11-07-2013, 03:25 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
It says that she was shot in the back of the head.

Actually, it took place in Dearborn Heights, and she's from Detroit. Dearborn Heights is a sundown town. A sundown town is an area that is purposely all-white. It comes from signs that were allegedly posted stating that people of color (non-whites) had to leave the town by sundown.
Are those signs still up?

Old 11-07-2013, 05:29 PM

46,948 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
You know prior to the year 2000, most people survived without cell phones? Unless she was in the middle of no where I would walk to the closet gas station. And if she was in the middle of nowhere I would sleep in the car until the morning. Knocking on somebody's door at 2:00am is asking for trouble.
Whereas it's of course perfectly safe for a 19-year old woman to sleep in her car.

Old 11-07-2013, 05:46 PM

1,140 posts, read 1,301,058 times
I want to know, how do you get shot in the head? I suspect the person in the car pulled the gun out and gave a warning. If you see someone pull a gun out, why would anyone's instinct tell them to stay in the area and continue banging o n the door?

Old 11-07-2013, 05:56 PM

4,749 posts, read 4,321,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
I want to know, how do you get shot in the head? I suspect the person in the car pulled the gun out and gave a warning. If you see someone pull a gun out, why would anyone's instinct tell them to stay in the area and continue banging o n the door?
Actually, the police gave an updated story. According to them, the gun misfired and hit her in the face, near her mouth.

Old 11-07-2013, 05:56 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Finally, an update. It would appear Ugga was correct to question the "shot in the back of the head" because the police are saying it's not true and have no idea where the relatives are getting that from and now the aunt that was saying it says she doesn't know.

Homeowner told police shotgun accidentally discharged, killing Renisha McBride | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

The plot thickens:

The accident was in DETROIT but she was shot in Dearborn Heights....wierd.

So, what we have here is a family that went to the press with a number of statements that are proven now to be false....I'm going to have to wait for more information.

My inclination is that it's still manslaughter.
I would say involuntary manslaughter unless evidence comes up showing she was trying to break in.

Old 11-07-2013, 06:00 PM

78,385 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I would say involuntary manslaughter unless evidence comes up showing she was trying to break in.
Agreed. We are just now finding out that the family lied through it's teeth to the media about the events so I'm in a wait and see mode but leaning towards involuntary manslaughter.

Regardless, our resident racists have appeared to have fled the thread after declaring this racist (white?) man gunned down the gal in the back after her car had an accident in the neighborhood.

Still don't know his race. Know the shot in the back is a lie. Know the accident in his neighborhood....a lie.

Old 11-07-2013, 06:05 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,755,022 times
I lived in Michigan and a girl knocked at my door at 2am too.
My roommate and I did not open the door immediately but called the popolice. Then let her in after police came. She was drunk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies