Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2014, 12:50 PM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattoedDad View Post
Yep. Exactly. I hope he asks for protective custody or hooks up with some friends because he won't last long by himself.Poor guy.
I don't feel one bit sorry for him. He didn't have to shoot her. She didn't have to walk around drunk. However, she did not make any entry into the home. If he was that scared, he should have just called the police. My philosophy is this: Only shoot if entry has been made. If you are safely behind locked doors, tell the person to go away, and then call the police.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2014, 12:54 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
17 years for defending your home...disgusting.
17 years for shooting someone through your front door because they knocked on it in the wee hours of the morning and you got scared.

If she'd broken down the door and he'd then shot her....he walks. But that's not what happened.

Old 09-03-2014, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
17 years for shooting someone through your front door because they knocked on it in the wee hours of the morning and you got scared.

If she'd broken down the door and he'd then shot her....he walks. But that's not what happened.
Some things, we disagree on. However, on this we can both agree on. Sure, she was drunk. However, he didn't have to shoot. He was behind locked doors. I could understand if she made entry. If he was scared, he could have just walked off and called the police. That is what I would have done.

I don't feel sorry for either the shooter or the person shot. However, what saddens me is that some people are trying to justify that woman getting shot. I have to wonder why they are justifying it.

Old 09-03-2014, 01:10 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
17 years for defending your home...disgusting.
Defending his home against someone who was not armed and not dangerous to anyone.

Old 09-03-2014, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Some things, we disagree on. However, on this we can both agree on. Sure, she was drunk. However, he didn't have to shoot. He was behind locked doors. I could understand if she made entry. If he was scared, he could have just walked off and called the police. That is what I would have done.

I don't feel sorry for either the shooter or the person shot. However, what saddens me is that some people are trying to justify that woman getting shot. I have to wonder why they are justifying it.
I think we know why they're justifying it.

Old 09-03-2014, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Yep. Exactly. I hope he asks for protective custody or hooks up with some friends because he won't last long by himself.Poor guy.
Yeah, my heart bleeds.

Old 09-03-2014, 01:17 PM

430 posts, read 379,873 times
Quote:
I don't feel one bit sorry for him. He didn't have to shoot her. She didn't have to walk around drunk. However, she did not make any entry into the home. If he was that scared, he should have just called the police. My philosophy is this: Only shoot if entry has been made. If you are safely behind locked doors, tell the person to go away, and then call the police.
Police in Detroit can be VERY slow...I have heard it takes them days sometimes....

Old 09-03-2014, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I think we know why they're justifying it.
Perhaps so. What worries me more is not that this man shot that woman, but that there are people who justify and support his actions. It bothers me because I have to consider this. Could I be next? I've done alot of walking at night. I have to wonder this. If they support it being done to someone else, would those persons do it to me? I have to wonder if someone might be scared and shoot.

Old 09-03-2014, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Police in Detroit can be VERY slow...I have heard it takes them days sometimes....
Even so, I still don't feel sorry for that man. He was behind locked doors where that woman couldn't get him. He didn't have to shoot. If she made entry, fine, by all means, shoot. If she is still outside and you're inside, behind locked doors, no need to shoot.

Old 09-03-2014, 01:44 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,406,698 times
Quote:

I feel bad for the person shot. Drinking and driving is unacceptable, but two wrongs just don't make a right. You don't shoot someone out of fear. Her life did not have to be taken by a scared man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies