Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 03:30 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,863,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfamily View Post
So where did I say that we don't need gun laws?
jmqueen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2013, 03:32 PM

Quote:
By your own quote, of my quote, I pointed out the definition of steal and theft. How is that saying that we don't need gun laws?
jmqueen?

Old 11-08-2013, 04:13 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,839,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
YUP. Full auto select tactical assault weapons with 30 round mags to use on Americans.
Not that... I just thought they would use something more modern than Vietnam era M-16... at least M4s.

Old 11-08-2013, 04:19 PM

Quote:
So where did I say that we don't need gun laws?
jmqueen, still waiting....

Old 11-08-2013, 04:40 PM

39,884 posts, read 26,558,268 times
Just remember, only the police are responsible enough to own guns. They are trained and professional and everything! So much more SMRT than the civilians are.

Now, has anyone asked why the police NEED machine guns (yes, a M16 is an automatic, unlike an AR-15) and sniper rifles? Just who have the cops declared war on?

Old 11-08-2013, 04:44 PM

39,884 posts, read 26,558,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Just out of curiosity... doe the FBI acutally use M16 A1s still? Really?
I'll admit, it is hard to believe that they are using 30 or so year old rifles.

Old 11-08-2013, 06:38 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,745,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I'll admit, it is hard to believe that they are using 30 or so year old rifles.
The rifle in the video is a highly upgraded M16A4 which make much more sense instead of the M16A1.

Old 11-10-2013, 08:35 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,268,303 times
Quote:
jmqueen, still waiting....
Sorry, I don't spend much time on the computer on weekends.

You're right, you didn't specifically say it.

Yet out of one side of their mouths, gun nuts insist daily here on CD that gun control laws should be eliminated because criminals don't obey laws. Yet on that thread the same gun nuts said over and over that criminals do respect burglary and theft laws, therefore there is no need to secure your belongings in your home.

And since you cut and pasted that law language over and over, it certainly seemed to me that you were agreeing with that rank hypocrisy.

Since you repeatedly misstated my points on that other gun thread last Friday, I expect you to do the same here, but you asked so I responded this morning to the best of my ability.

Old 11-12-2013, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Sorry, I don't spend much time on the computer on weekends.

You're right, you didn't specifically say it.

Yet out of one side of their mouths, gun nuts insist daily here on CD that gun control laws should be eliminated because criminals don't obey laws. Yet on that thread the same gun nuts said over and over that criminals do respect burglary and theft laws, therefore there is no need to secure your belongings in your home.

And since you cut and pasted that law language over and over, it certainly seemed to me that you were agreeing with that rank hypocrisy.

Since you repeatedly misstated my points on that other gun thread last Friday, I expect you to do the same here, but you asked so I responded this morning to the best of my ability.
I have never seen that, maybe you can provide a link for me. I would like to point out to those that would post something like that that I don't think many gun owners believe that. What I see posted is that Law abiding responsible gun owners should not have their Second Amendment rights eliminated or restricted.because of what criminals or mentally ill people do with firearms.

I also never gave the congresswoman a pass for not securing her firearm in a safe. (And actually it turned out that she was not the one who did not secure the firearm). The point I was making was the criminal is the one that is truly responsible for the theft.

It appeared to me that many of the posters did not, (or chose not to), understand the definition of criminal, steal, or theft. So in an effort to educate them I posted the common definitions of the words.

I don't recall misstating your points perhaps you could link to that and I will apologize if I did.

Last edited by hogfamily; 11-12-2013 at 03:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies