Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 12:56 PM

275 posts, read 193,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
What are the whining, sniveling, tea party idiots doing to fix the problem?

And don't tell me to "Kill it". You've already tried to kill it 40 something times and failed. Only recourse is to try and fix it.

I ask again, what are you RWNJs doing to FIX it?

Nothing........Nothing at all. Just sitting in the corner, alternately sucking your thumb and throwing screaming temper tantrums. If ever there was a "time out" needed it would be now, for your constant sniveling whiners.
Oh this is funny, you make the mess and scream republicans fix it.

Obama built that mess

Old 11-13-2013, 01:02 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Read more: Landrieu's Obamacare 'Keep Your Plan' Bill Gains Merkley As Co-Sponsor - Business Insider

Pass the popcorn, the Democrats are imploding. Oh well, we warned them for years. Fools.
How are the Democrats imploding or jumping ship? This sounds like they are trying to put forth a bill to move the cut off date for grandfather laws.

Old 11-13-2013, 01:14 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isee-you View Post
Oh this is funny, you make the mess and scream republicans fix it.

Obama built that mess
No body is doing any screaming except right wing, conservative, Obama haters. Democrats are acknowledging that the bill is flawed and needs fixing. Republicans are stonewalling any fixes except total repeal. they are doing so because they can't get past their unbridled hate for that .......ah......."person" in the white house.

I'll say again, Obamacare could be fixed and be a great benefit for the entire nation if there was bipartisan political will to do so. Republicans will not allow that to happen for political reasons.

Old 11-13-2013, 01:30 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,545,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
To those anti-ObamaCare... Don't get caught up in what Democrat is defecting. It has nothing to do with nothing.

ObamaCare was set up to fail anyway.

What's going to happen is while you are cheering the failure of ObamaCare - the single payer program will be instituted while you aren't paying attention and they will have the last laugh, and they will have full control of our health care.

We need the proper remedies to fix the health care problem. That is the goal.
It won't pass in the House

Old 11-13-2013, 01:31 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,178,918 times
They are just doing what all Democrats do...toss more money at the problem but never fix anything. The only way to fix Obama care would be to scrap it, but that will never happen. All these Senators are trying to do is show some "concern" and maybe get another term in office. If it's a Blue State they certainly will stay in power.

Old 11-13-2013, 01:36 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,545,982 times
Quote:
I agree 100% with your post and it highlights some of the major flaws in Obamacare. perfectly.

The administration would be less defensive if they weren't constantly attacked by the right. If anyone from the conservative side came to the administration and said, "let's fix this turkey" the president and the administration would be all over the idea like cheap perfume.
But all the conservative republicans will offer is to kill the program entirely. and the reason is more deep seated that just a perception that Obamacare is flawed. It is because Obamacare is the president's signature piece of legislation and the vituperative hate from the right will accept nothing less than total repudiation of Obamacare, the president and everything he stands for.

I say again, together, we could fix this situation and it would be a win-win for both parties.
Eff all you leftists. It is WAYyyy too late for any kind of bipartisan cooperation and you scum are responsible for that.

Old 11-13-2013, 01:36 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Only the libertarian mindset thinks that way. Here in America, we have what are called "Social safety nets". We've had them for many years and they are not going away. We here consider expanding those social safety nets to be progress towards creating a more compassionate, inclusive, well adjusted society. We are very aware that there is a sizable faction of the country that does not agree with this principle and would like to remake the nation into a system where each is on their own and the laws of survival of the fittest should rule.

If you want government to take a less active roll in the nation, how about cutting our defense budget to less than twice what the rest of the entire world spends on national defense?
Don't know who the "we" is in your statement...

Here in America - social safety nets are optional for those who need help.

ObamaCare is NOT a social safety net.

Yes - I believe when the majority of people are able to take care of themselves - that's when our nation is at it's best. It's like what your hear on the planes as they give the safety tips -- if your oxygen masks come down - you put yours on first before doing someone else's that needs help.

It's not necessarily survival of the fittest... but it is survival of self (and family) FIRST, then freely help others who need it.

Old 11-13-2013, 01:47 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
It won't pass in the House
#1 - Election 2014

#2 - They may not need Congress. They have shown that they will adjust the rules on their own.

I just want to stay focused on the goal and not waste time on how Democrats are reacting. For me (and I believe all who want freedom) the goal should be to avoid any implementation of the government single payer health system. ObamaCare is the toilet that will flush down all private health insurance companies.

There is some time, but it will go by fast.

Old 11-13-2013, 02:20 PM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
What are the whining, sniveling, tea party idiots doing to fix the problem?

And don't tell me to "Kill it". You've already tried to kill it 40 something times and failed. Only recourse is to try and fix it.

I ask again, what are you RWNJs doing to FIX it?

Nothing........Nothing at all. Just sitting in the corner, alternately sucking your thumb and throwing screaming temper tantrums. If ever there was a "time out" needed it would be now, for your constant sniveling whiners.
I think you have it wrong.

Tea Party people, not idiots like some I know on here, are clapping for joy as they see ObamaCare collapsing before their eyes.

The dems own this, hook, line and sinker. Let them fix it.

They didn't want any repub help in writing and passing it so, why should they help now?

Sorry, it is your baby.

Old 11-13-2013, 02:25 PM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Absolutely. Obamacare is a cluster Fu** coming out the gate. But it is the law of the land and it's not going away. If Republicans want any credibility in the upcoming elections they are going to have to participate in governing and not just tearing down everything and complaining.

It's time for you to roll up your sleeves and find some bipartisan consensus on how we're going to make this turkey work for the American people. If you don't, liberals and the president will fix it themselves and leave you out in the cold still sniveling about not getting your way and you can kiss any chance at being a factor in any election cycle.
Get a clue for crying out loud.
Sorry, you can't hav it both ways. Either it "is the law of the land" and can't be changed as Obama and reid have claimed or it is just anoth law. And ALL laws can be changed.

It is up to the dems to fix their own SNAFU. Let THEM come up with the solutions and then the repubs can vote on it.

Last edited by Quick Enough; 11-13-2013 at 02:36 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies