Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2013, 08:18 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,704,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud2beAMom View Post
And you need to sit back and think about why regulations came about and why they exist in the first place. I shutter to think what our drinking water would be like, what our food supply would be like, what working conditions would be like WITHOUT regulations! I laugh when I read these anti regulation posts from those who think there would be some kind of utopia LOL..

Look at countries that don't have regulations in place and that's what you'll get. Factory workers forced to work in unsafe conditions for pennies a day . Hell before regulations we had 7 year olds working in coal mines !

Businesses aren't going to go the extra steps to take care of the environment unless they are forced to, just an example. Just look at the fog that came about over Singapore in the last week.

We have regulations for a reason. Greed and the pursuit of money care little about consequences beyond fattening their pockets. Regulations exist for societies benefits.

And those regulations certainly didn't harm the income of the executives that have seen increases in their incomes. The problem is, they have been giving themselves all the reward and neglecting the workers that help them build the company to what it is. Then, those that run those companies , get on a TV and convince all of you that the problem is NOT them but government..

Pfft....

Government isn't perfect, but without the regulations that protect our society I shutter to think what this country would be or look like.

Finally, government isn't the problem. The problem is the concentration of wealth which gives those that concentrate it the ability to purchase and corrupt the government. We need reforms in how things are done in this country so that the man with the most wealth doesn't have a bigger say or influence over policies/etc in this country.
I agree that reform is needed.

And yet you are in this thread supporting a law that concentrates even more wealth in the hands of the wealthy and is a perfect example of how corporations have corrupted the government.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies