Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2013, 01:17 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,237,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Politicians lie. That's objective fact.

Only when their lips move.
Somebody gets it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2013, 01:23 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,954,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Somebody gets it.
I'm going to qualify this a little. While I will agree with you that all politicians lie without a doubt, I will say that Ron Paul did tell some very painful truths. Some of which probably kept him from being elected. The main reason Obama got elected and re-elected is he told the people what they wanted to hear irrespective of the truth. (That's a diplomatic way of saying he is a complete liar and a fraud).

Old 11-18-2013, 01:25 AM

1,404 posts, read 1,034,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Ron Paul could not have been an intellectually honest president. His principals oppose any form of welfare, including Social Security and Medicare. He can be above the fray only because there was never any chance of him actually becoming President -- same with Dennis Kucinich, actually, though I adore Kucinich. If he were, his base would have been extremely disappointed in the concessions he would have been forced to make.
Then I'd say it's more the condition of the people, rather than Paul or Kucinich. I lost respect for Kucinich when he sued the Senate lunch service $100,000 when he chipped a tooth on his sandwich. Paul would have gone to the dentist and got it fixed, and nobody would have known.

There's a BIG difference between an honest man, and a man who says he's honest. If an honest man is forced to make dishonest concessions to Congress, then the people in Congress need to be changed out, not the man.

Obama should be impeached, and everyone knows it. The problem is the ideology is more important than the honesty. People voted for what they could get from the government, and this is because of greed, envy, and an inherently dishonest political class.

Old 11-18-2013, 01:26 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,237,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I'm going to qualify this a little. While I will agree with you that all politicians lie without a doubt, I will say that Ron Paul did tell some very painful truths. Some of which probably kept him from being elected. The main reason Obama got elected and re-elected is he told the people what they wanted to hear irrespective of the truth. (That's a diplomatic way of saying he is a complete liar and a fraud).
Well yeah, obviously. I'm not calling Ron Paul a liar or saying anything negative about him specifically.

What people in this thread don't understand is that politicians lie, every single one of them. I am curious to know how they can tell when Ron Paul is telling the truth. Isn't that the goal of every politician? To get his or her followers to believe everything they say is the truth?

Old 11-18-2013, 01:32 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,954,537 times
Quote:
Well yeah, obviously. I'm not calling Ron Paul a liar or saying anything negative about him specifically.

What people in this thread don't understand is that politicians lie, every single one of them. I am curious to know how they can tell when Ron Paul is telling the truth. Isn't that the goal of every politician? To get his or her followers to believe everything they say is the truth?
The only way you can is by using your own judgement and common sense. Have you ever heard the expression "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is"? That has always been my barometer. I don't think Ron Paul actually lied about anything. I think there are things he omitted that would have been damaging. You really can't fault him for that in my mind. That however in my opinion is a lie irrespective of the justification.

Old 11-18-2013, 03:33 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,376,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Ron Paul voted YES on the War Against Terrorism (H.J.Res. 64). The bill passed 420 to 1. The ONLY Representative to vote against going to war against terrorism was Rep. Barbara Lee (CA-D).

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2001/roll342.xml

Ron Paul proceeded to vote against every attempt to fund the military's efforts in this war.

If you are quite finished with your childish personal attacks, maybe you can come to grips with your serious delusions about Ron Paul, but I seriously doubt it.
I'm not sure why you expect others to act differently than you do. You are simply making things up. Yes, he authorized force when we were attacked but he never authorized force and refused to pay for it. After being there for years he did say "enough" but many haven't seemed to get that message.

When will you quit beating your dog?

Old 11-18-2013, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Ron Paul voted to go to war, and then refused to fund the military in that war effort.
It is you that refuse to fund our invasion into China by your cheating on your taxes that is the problem. Quit demanding we go into China when you refuse to pay your fair share of taxes.

Once again, one unsubstantiated claim is no better than the other.

Old 11-18-2013, 03:38 AM

Quote:

Unless you can show it's a lie, how can you claim it's a lie?

Old 11-18-2013, 04:48 AM

77,771 posts, read 105,092,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
One thing about Ron Paul. You got the truth, no matter how hard it was to swallow.
As much as I was not a supporter of him, nor would I ever have been, I completely agree with you on the is one: truthful he is!!!!

Old 11-18-2013, 06:22 AM

78,862 posts, read 46,783,913 times
Quote:
I'm Independent Moderate.

Like I said, you are a liberal. All Liberals lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies