Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 11:48 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,505,717 times

Advertisements

Evil Psychiatrist Tells Court Dad Unfit Parent For Refusing To Take Son To McDonald’s | Collapse.com

I know the other thread on this was closed since it got out of hand and off topic. I hope this one stays on topic. So much of this goes on now for parents in custody fights.

These so called experts are called, "Hired guns" they take the side of the parent who hired them and pay them. They should have their licenses taken away.

"Psychiatrist Marilyn Schiller filed a report with a judge claiming to have “grave concerns” over a man’s parenting capabilities because Dad refused to take his son to McDonald’s. The father, attorney David Schorr, responded by filing a defamation law suit against the court appointed psychiatrist. The report claimed that Schorr was “wholly incapable of taking care of his son” arguing Schorr should be denied visitation privileges with his son."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2013, 12:18 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,082 times
This whole issue is atrocious and ridiculous. You know we're in a sad state of affairs when a parent can't even decide what he wants to feed his son without being threatened to have his son taken away from him.

I'll give you credit - at least this isn't a smear attempt for no reason whatsoever.

Back on topic, this Psychiatrist is clearly off her meds if they think this is just cause for taking a child away from their parent.

Old 11-21-2013, 01:15 AM

Default Why Do we have boys who have been begging for a daddy for so long?

Saddest Boy Ever - YouTube

This is a really sad tape but so true. Our boys don't have dads anymore. It's a real big problem with our boys feeling a huge hole in their hearts.

Not saying all women are the problems but I have seen some women who chase off their ex's and seem to think it's just fine for their boys. In truth, it's a tragedy.

Old 11-21-2013, 02:19 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,132,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Back on topic, this Psychiatrist is clearly off her meds if they think this is just cause for taking a child away from their parent.
This is key. There's something wrong with that Psychiatrist. The article attempts to discredit psychiatry as a whole due to this anecdotal story. Who reads this stuff?

Old 11-21-2013, 02:37 AM

Yes, forget about the article and just think of the separation of the son from the father. I am not interested in putting down the whole psych thing, just want to discuss what the psych, community can get away with in court.

Old 11-21-2013, 03:51 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Our boys don't have dads anymore.
This isn't true and you know it. My best friend work's his ass off as a Union millwright to support his wife and two kids - a 4 year old boy and 2 year old daughter.

You're better saying, "It seems today like our boys don't have dads anymore" because while still incorrect, you'd be closer to the mark.

Old 11-21-2013, 05:54 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,856,786 times
Let me guess - a nasty custody battle, where the wife will do anything to spite the father even if it hurts the kid... makes perfect sense someone like that is a fit parent.

It is a good thing she wasn't the one before Solomon as there would have been 2 children.

Old 11-21-2013, 06:02 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,460,290 times
Experts for hire are a pretty common problem. Experts that give testimony that their clients don't like won't get paid.

That's exactly what you have here. Some one willing to lend the weight of their profession to a silly custody claim for money.

Experts like this are common for delusional claims. Everything from angry custody battles, to vaccines causing autism, fundy wingnuttery, extremist political cranks, and science denialism.

Old 11-21-2013, 08:03 AM

23,539 posts, read 17,216,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Experts for hire are a pretty common problem. Experts that give testimony that their clients don't like won't get paid.

That's exactly what you have here. Some one willing to lend the weight of their profession to a silly custody claim for money.

Experts like this are common for delusional claims. Everything from angry custody battles, to vaccines causing autism, fundy wingnuttery, extremist political cranks, and science denialism.
The psychiatrist owns a McD's franchise!

Old 11-21-2013, 08:14 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,529,442 times
Default Psychiatrist wants to take Son Away from Dad for NOT letting son eat at MacDonald's

I kinda doubt that psychiatrists have that authority. Mostly they just prescribe expensive meds from what I've heard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies