Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 08:21 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Link, please? The slaves were lovingly fed smoked salmon, were brushed daily, slept on their owner's beds and got massages?
Really? Word for word?
I think you got "whipped" and "massaged" mixed up. One of these things is not like the other.
Ten Reasons Not to Abolish Slavery : The Freeman : Foundation for Economic Education
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2013, 08:29 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Nothing written there is "word for word" compared to what I said. Nothing.
You've shown the CD community that you have sociopathic tendencies, and now you're building not just straw men, but entire villages.
Fact is, most pets are treated like family members and you know it.
Backtracking isn't going to help you now.

Old 11-22-2013, 08:35 PM

Quote:
You've shown the CD community that you have sociopathic tendencies, and now you're building not just straw men, but entire villages.
Yeah, human family members not dog family members! You are forcing a dog to be a human! That is what you are doing. If you don't see that's abuse, I can't help you.

What you said is the same as slave owners used to say that slaves were better off to be slaves. What's the difference?

Old 11-22-2013, 08:39 PM

If you want to compare a Siamese cat to plantation slaves, knock yourself out. No matter how stupid it is.

Old 11-22-2013, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Look, I am not doing a straw man's argument, you are.

On one hand, you say we can't punch a dog because it's animal cruelty but on the other hand, it's totally fine to farm and slaughter millions of chicken and cows and it's all right to step on cockroach and use mouse trap to kill rats. It's all right because chicken and cows are for food, and roaches and rates... they aren't disgusting.

Have you ever stepped on a bear trap? Yeah, that's how a rat would feel on a mouse trap. It takes HOURS for it to die of exhaustion but you don't care about that.

Where's the consistency?

Old 11-22-2013, 08:44 PM

Quote:
If you want to compare a Siamese cat to plantation slaves, knock yourself out. No matter how stupid it is.
I am not. You are. :-)

You are the one who cry for the chicken locked in small cage but you are doing the same thing locking up your cat. :-)

Oh, did I mention that most people fix their pets? I am sure that's not abuse either.

Old 11-22-2013, 08:50 PM

I am sure most of you hate puppy mills but take a guess why the puppy mills exist to begin with?

Anybody?

Yeah, because there are dog owners. More people want to own dogs, more people will grow dogs to sell them into the market, then more dogs will end up in the shelters to be killed.

It's a never ending cycle - every dog you rescue, there are 10 more coming out of puppy mills. If you truly care about animals, stop owning them and tell people to stop owning them.

Do you want to hear how they grow a particular breed? Yeah, you treat your dog like a family member but to have your dog, how many of them have to die? Do you really think every litter is perfect? Please don't kid yourself. Try a little inbred yourself and you will know the wonderful results.

Somehow, all these are better than someone punching a dog.

Give me a freaking break!

Old 11-22-2013, 08:51 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
So... if the law specifies the cage size, it makes it all OK! Like 5x5 cage is abuse, 6.5x6.5 is not. Got it!

I seriously wish you were sarcastic but unfortunately, you aren't. Look in the mirror and ask yourself, does that truly make it OK? Using your words, what defense does a poor chicken have? None. They are locked in cages in a size specified by you. Yes, that is still abuse even using your own standard. If there were a creator who judge you on animal abuse, you would NOT get away with that! You know that just as much as I do.
Well for one, I didn't say the law would be perfect, I said it'd be start. There is going to be some inconvenience to stock animals no matter what we do. We can at least make it as little as possible. Number 2, I don't believe in some all powerful sky god that is going to judge me one day, so that doesn't work on me either.

Quote:
Yeah, human family members not dog family members! You are forcing a dog to be a human! That is what you are doing. If you don't see that's abuse, I can't help you.

What you said is the same as slave owners used to say that slaves were better off to be slaves. What's the difference?
You've gone off the deep end and any further discussion with you on the topic would be pointless on my part....goodbye

Old 11-22-2013, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Look, I am not doing a straw man's argument, you are.

On one hand, you say we can't punch a dog because it's animal cruelty but on the other hand, it's totally fine to farm and slaughter millions of chicken and cows and it's all right to step on cockroach and use mouse trap to kill rats. It's all right because chicken and cows are for food, and roaches and rates... they aren't disgusting.

Have you ever stepped on a bear trap? Yeah, that's how a rat would feel on a mouse trap. It takes HOURS for it to die of exhaustion but you don't care about that.

Where's the consistency?
I don't care about that? Are you some kind of psychic, Miss Cleo? What are the next lotto numbers?
I would NEVER use any kind of mouse trap, glue or otherwise.

Old 11-22-2013, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Well for one, I didn't say the law would be perfect, I said it'd be start. There is going to be some inconvenience to stock animals no matter what we do. We can at least make it as little as possible. Number 2, I don't believe in some all powerful sky god that is going to judge me one day, so that doesn't work on me either.

You've gone off the deep end and any further discussion with you on the topic would be pointless on my part....goodbye
Yeah, I'm done with him, as well. He sounds unhinged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies