Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2013, 12:40 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,024,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
What about about Larry McDonald?(Flight 007 shot down, murder by the USSR)
Larry McDonald was not targeted, he just happened to be a passenger on Korean Air Flight 007, which accidentally strayed into Soviet airspace.

Old 11-25-2013, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfamily View Post
Yup...I'm a product of public school...California no less.
California public schools have their issues, but they produced Harrier.

Washington public schools permitted him graduation from high school.

Oddly enough, Harrier doesn't get much grief from people in the Seattle forum for being conservative.

Liberals in P&OC may have a faulty judgment of the Evergreen State, especially since 2 of the last 3 gubernatorial elections were notably close.

Old 11-25-2013, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Really? So it is not the self of safety, it is not the sense of liberty and freedom and the defense of it? it is not self reliance and independence? You are aware that Colts are no long their favorite it is Glock.

Nothing more then a liberal showing us how much he does not know.
Or she - as Harrier is rather sure that Dew is.

Harrier and Dew really should meet - we live within a handful of miles of each other.

DewDropInn - do you like coffee?

Old 11-25-2013, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
You've taken a lot of heat for this post..... but I happen to agree with you. Should a progressive seeking to disarm me show up at my door, they will be shot. It really is that simple. And to the conservatives on this thread who have thrown rocks at you, they can take their righteous indignation and shove it up their yellow-bellied, limp-wristed, pansy asses. Let them be disarmed if they can't muster the gonads to speak without hurting the feelings of a bunch of coward liberals.
Harrier can't type the words that come to mind to respond to your asinine post without violating the TOS.

True second amendment advocates(supporters of the U.S. Constitution) seek the protection of the right to bear arms (as guaranteed under the U.S Constitution).

They do not state that any person ought to be shot due to their political beliefs.

Anyone who does should be labeled as an anti-American - or a liberal - the meaning of either is the same.

Old 11-25-2013, 11:29 AM

9,282 posts, read 6,746,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

Harrier and Dew really should meet - we live within a handful of miles of each other.

I mean who still rocks a Colt in this day and age, Goes to show you how little he know about our culture.

Old 11-25-2013, 03:25 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,746,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

Something tells me/she will not responded.

The Countdown to 2014 is on.

343 Days, 1 Hour, 33 Mins and counting down.

Old 11-25-2013, 05:58 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,464,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
Correction: If they still pushed firearms safety in school...

Firearms safety used to be taught in public schools. Nowadays, it isn't taught in schools or in an increasing number of (mainly suburban and urban) homes. And school shootings are on the rise.
You are correct. After the 1977 oil boom all the high schools built in Anchorage included an indoor gun range for the express purpose of teaching firearm safety. However, the Democrat created 1990 federal Gun Free School Zone Act ended that. There was a waste of several million dollars, thanks to congressional Democrats.

Old 11-25-2013, 06:07 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,464,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfamily View Post
Yup...I'm a product of public school...California no less.
But you overcame that deficiency by moving to Alaska.

Old 11-25-2013, 06:19 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,166,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
and the median state education (as seen in college grad rates and median income) might be as poor as Texas.

Again, I fully understand where the population is not highly educated, trading teaching time for guard duty time might not matter. Sadly, I include tn in that group, as we should be pushing for vast improvement far more intensely.

But there are states where education matters, and their median college graduation results prove they are getting results. These are schools, not prisons. Education is the purpose. Not promoting gun advocate's wish lists.
Someone as educated as you claim to be should know that it is a logical fallacy to place two non-mutually exclusive issues - such as guns and education - on opposites ends of a spectrum.

If your presupposition were true, there's be no such thing as a firearms instructor.

Also, a teacher, administrator, or staff member carrying a concealed weapon need not spend time conducting "guard duty" in an attempt to find or prevent potential threats; the point is that the firearm is readily accessible should the need arise.

Old 11-25-2013, 06:23 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,862,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
But you overcame that deficiency by moving to Alaska.
Yes...Yes...I did!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies