Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 06:27 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,971,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
The United States of America was founded on compromise. It is what made it successful for this long.
No, it was founded on the notion that the individual would NOT be compromised by force.

Old 11-24-2013, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
First of all, can you describe in detail the benefits of trans fats, specifically in the diet?

Are you aware that trans fats are lethal, and can either be eliminated, or substituted with something more healthy without any detriment to taste? Is there a specific reason why you would want to keep trans fats in foods even if they provide no benefits, other than allowing food manufacturers to make cheap unhealthy food?
Are you aware people should be able to eat what they want?

Old 11-24-2013, 06:29 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
Have you been paying attention to the roll out of Obamacare? The law makes insurance companies cancel your current plan. Then they offer you a plan that tells you what Drs you can use. Hello?
ALL insurance plans tell you what Dr you can use. That is not the government telling you what Dr you have to use. Plus you can still choose to go to a Dr that is out of network and pay cash if you want. No government agent is going to stop you.

Old 11-24-2013, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostly1 View Post
Despite a ridiculous number of posts in this thread, you make little sense and clearly have a bit of an inferiority complex. You might wish to get some help for that. He did not say his and his wife's combined incomes made him better than you. He simply refuted your accusation that he was "too stinking lazy" to take care of himself.

A little logic goes a long way, you know. Or maybe you don't.
Let's revisit, since your memory and comprehension are deficient.

Quote:
Between my wife and I, we grossed about $270,000 last year in wages. I probably "take care of myself" better than you.

Furthermore, how do laws for basic things like driving on the right side of the road and stopping at a red light constitute not "taking care of yourself?" lol....
Seems quite clear to me that it was HIM who did the "I'm better than you" attack.

Old 11-24-2013, 06:32 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,168,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
ALL insurance plans tell you what Dr you can use. That is not the government telling you what Dr you have to use. Plus you can still choose to go to a Dr that is out of network and pay cash if you want. No government agent is going to stop you.
That's what I'm not getting with these people. Every insurance plan I've had, you get your little provider directory & choose a doc that you want to go to. That's what is called "in network" folks. It's almost as if....as if these people have never had insurance, otherwise they would know that.

Old 11-24-2013, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
That's what I'm not getting with these people. Every insurance plan I've had, you get your little provider directory & choose a doc that you want to go to. That's what is called "in network" folks. It's almost as if....as if these people have never had insurance, otherwise they would know that.
You always had the choice of NOT using insurance in this capacity.

Now you HAVE to buy it.

Old 11-24-2013, 06:35 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,168,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post

Now you HAVE to buy it.
No you don't. But you can get a fine. Why don't you go that route, the fine is less than the insurance so I don't know what everyone is crying about.

Old 11-24-2013, 06:36 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post

Now you HAVE to buy it.
Which keeps everyone elses rates from going up when someone has a medical issue that they can't afford. Hospitals can not turn away patients. Someone pays for those that don't, hospitals don't just eat that loss.

Old 11-24-2013, 06:41 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,688,606 times
As the sheep bicker amongst themselves, Liberals vs Conservatives, Big Brother takes more and more of our freedoms away. Why are Libs ok with the government making decisions? yet OP clearly presents an example of where conservatives want the government making decisions. IE, the female body. Hypocrisy. Absurdity. Both sides want the same thing, to tell everyone else how to live their life. Madness.

Old 11-24-2013, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
No you don't. But you can get a fine. Why don't you go that route, the fine is less than the insurance so I don't know what everyone is crying about.
Because we're not like you. We don't see virtue in taking people's money in retribution for being unable to buy what liberals demand you buy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies