Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 12:33 PM

68,353 posts, read 54,544,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
When it comes to Islam, a religion so based upon circumventing the human rights of others, an exception has to be made! I personally am agnostic and am so happy to live in a country where I can express that viewpoint safely. Muslims would take that right away from me in an instant!
As you, painting with your broad brush, would happily take all rights away from all Muslims. Seems y'all have a lot in common, eh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2013, 12:35 PM

23,623 posts, read 17,305,873 times
They can be eligible for obamacare and subsidies so if you add up all the prisoners and foreign students you can make a case for an obamacare success.

Number of Foreign Students in U.S. Hit a New High Last Year - Global - The Chronicle of Higher Education
record number of foreign students

Obamacare Q&A: Tax credits for international students?

Q. Since some non-citizens can receive premium tax credits to buy a health plan on the health insurance marketplace, does that mean that international students are also eligible for tax credits if their income is between 100 and 400 percent of the federal poverty level?
A. They may be. “Lawfully present” immigrants, including international students who are enrolled in a college or university in the United States and visiting scholars who are here teaching or conducting research, for example, may be eligible for subsidized coverage on the health insurance marketplaces.
In general, in order to qualify for subsidized marketplace coverage, international students’ income would have to be between 100 and 400 percent of the federal poverty level, as you noted ($11,490 to $45,960 for an individual in 2013). .......

Old 12-03-2013, 12:36 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,351,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
As you, painting with your broad brush, would happily take all rights away from all Muslims. Seems y'all have a lot in common, eh?
The ones that are already here can stay. There is nothing that can be done about the ones that are already here. We don't need more though. They cause enough problems as it is! And it is THEM wanting to come to MY country. Not me wanting to go to theirs!

The mods are slashing at the thread now as it is getting off topic. I'll probably have to start my own thread soon more focusing on this topic. I'll focus on what happens when muslims gain demographic advantage and the human suffering that follows.

Old 12-03-2013, 12:53 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,786,996 times
Quote:
The ones that are already here can stay. There is nothing that can be done about the ones that are already here. We don't need more though. They cause enough problems as it is! And it is THEM wanting to come to MY country. Not me wanting to go to theirs!

The mods are slashing at the thread now as it is getting off topic. I'll probably have to start my own thread soon more focusing on this topic. I'll focus on what happens when muslims gain demographic advantage and the human suffering that follows.
Holy crud! You own this country?

Hey everyone: when did we give the country to CravingMountains? Did anyone see that coming? I mean, I didn't even see a news article about this.

Wait, do you own all the land, the wealth AND the people? Do I work for you now? Can I keep my desk?

Old 12-03-2013, 01:21 PM

I started a new thread for discussion and hope all contribute. I am open to changing my mind on things if proof is shown to me!

Old 12-03-2013, 01:33 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,507,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
This is hardly surprising, What do you expect from Potus?
Who cares?

[keep that oil coming]

Old 12-03-2013, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
Holy crud! You own this country?

Hey everyone: when did we give the country to CravingMountains? Did anyone see that coming? I mean, I didn't even see a news article about this.

Wait, do you own all the land, the wealth AND the people? Do I work for you now? Can I keep my desk?
America also belongs to you. The people it doesn't belong to are these Muslim immigrants.

Old 12-03-2013, 03:20 PM

4,035 posts, read 10,311,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
This is hardly surprising, What do you expect from Potus?
The elites of many (if not most) developing countries are educated in either the US or the UK. It’s a tremendous source of our influence and soft power. I went to high school (boarding school) and college with a large number of very wealthy Pakistanis and Arabs. What better way to liberalize those countries than showing them a different way of doing things?

Old 12-03-2013, 03:23 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,786,996 times
Quote:
America also belongs to you. The people it doesn't belong to are these Muslim immigrants.
Oh cool. Well if I'm in charge I'd be happy to let Muslims go to school here.

Old 12-03-2013, 03:24 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,781,418 times
Personally I know a Kuwaiti student. He manged to have 3 new babies when he studied in the US lol
They are very rich. Another Kuwaiti student gave him an SUV as a gift, when he returned to Kuwait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies