Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 10:07 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,465,031 times

Advertisements

The loons keep marching to lunacy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2013, 12:09 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,803,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Within 20 there will be no gays or 'gender disordered' people being born.

They'll be detected and aborted before they are born.

No one wants one of these children.
I have one of those children and you could not be more wrong. Speak for yourself, please.

Old 12-01-2013, 12:21 PM

1,228 posts, read 1,372,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I admit, I had read the article a day or two ago (I assume it is the same one) and was very confused. For instance, was that one male student talking about being referred to as 'they' instead of 'he'? The 'ze' was also weird, in a French sort of way.

However, I was in school when "Ms" was introduced, and hilarity ensured. Now, I use it with regularity. If this 'ze' and 'they' etc catches on, two generations hence nothing will be thought about it.
Oui! That was ze worst croissant I've ever had. Now I need to go to ze WC.

Old 12-03-2013, 09:37 AM

723 posts, read 635,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
What's wrong with "it" ?
"It" refers to an object and is derogatory when used to refer to a human being.

Old 12-03-2013, 09:40 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,668,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykibs View Post
"It" refers to an object and is derogatory when used to refer to a human being.
Well humans always associated themselves with he or she in the past.
It is neutral.

Derogatory ? Only when we recognized 2 genders.
Now that we have 'its', let them be called 'it'.

Old 12-03-2013, 09:43 AM

Quote:
And it's heterosexuals that can create life..not gays and not "its" (I don't even know the name for people that refuse to identity with one sex or the other).
Transgender people who have transitioned can have children. Therefore, it's logical that someone who identifies with neither gender can also have children. Having children is not an accomplishment in any case, however; raising them is.

Interestingly, there is some controversy in parts of the world over whether transgender men (born female, transitioned to male) can be listed as fathers after giving birth.

Transgender Man Gives Birth In Germany, Fights For Right To Be Called Baby's Father: Report

Israel Recognizes Transgender Man As Biological Father

The world is far more complicated than you make it out to be.

Old 12-03-2013, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Well humans always associated themselves with he or she in the past.
It is neutral.

Derogatory ? Only when we recognized 2 genders.
Now that we have 'its', let them be called 'it'.
"They" works just fine, and refers to human beings to begin with. There's no need to reduce a person to an object, which, yes, is derogatory on its face.

Old 12-03-2013, 09:46 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,484,760 times
The entire movement is ALL about crisis identity disorder. These troubled youths are going through a crisis and it's ALL about fitting in somewhere. They do everything they can to separate themselves from the rest of society and then claim bigotry when it is pointed out. It's all in their master plan to get more fame and notoriety.

Old 12-03-2013, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
The entire movement is ALL about crisis identity disorder. These troubled youths are going through a crisis and it's ALL about fitting in somewhere. They do everything they can to separate themselves from the rest of society and then claim bigotry when it is pointed out. It's all in their master plan to get more fame and notoriety.
Yeah I'm sure these people suffer persecution, beatings and murder just to be famous.

Here's a list of people killed because their gender identity in 2012-2013. Note how brutal many of the causes of death are. All for fame, of course.

As crazy as the lack of logic in that is, it pales in comparison to your claim that they're both "ALL about fitting in somewhere" AND "do everything they can to separate themselves from the rest of society."

Old 12-03-2013, 10:05 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,668,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykibs View Post
Transgender people who have transitioned can have children. Therefore, it's logical that someone who identifies with neither gender can also have children. Having children is not an accomplishment in any case, however; raising them is.

Interestingly, there is some controversy in parts of the world over whether transgender men (born female, transitioned to male) can be listed as fathers after giving birth.

Transgender Man Gives Birth In Germany, Fights For Right To Be Called Baby's Father: Report

Israel Recognizes Transgender Man As Biological Father

The world is far more complicated than you make it out to be.
Doesn't matter what they look like on the outside…

Still takes a female egg and a male sperm to create life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies