Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 03:19 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,370,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Did you see the part about a grid that is over a century old and is falling apart?

The fact is we have aging infrastructure that can barely do what we need already. The problem is that people aren't supplying the money to pay for it. Quit complaining that the duct taped POS is falling apart and not meeting demands never dreemed of a century ago...spend the money to fix it or replace it.
Updating/fixing/replacing infrastructure might have been a useful use for Obamas trillion dollar sendlous bill that was supposed to have all those "shovel ready" jobs. Too bad so much of the money went to Obama backers like Solyndra and was pissed away instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2013, 03:23 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
Should we immediately end fossil fuel subsidies then? I'm cool with that, but again I'm lucky enough to be able to take the bus when gas immediately goes up to $11/gallon.
Do you classify depletion allowances as a subsidy?

BTW, all we have right now that as a reliable, dependable, economically feasible energy source for automobiles and electrical energy generation, is fossil fuels, some hydroelectric and nuclear.

The ignorant greenies who want to destroy fossil fuels now, are engaging in the process of burning their bridges in front of themselves.

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
This is why I like to say that Green is the new stupid.

Think about this, we are spending billions of tax dollars to support wind energy when we all know that wind is among the least effecient.
it blows most often in less populated areas, it blows strongest during periods of the lightest energy need, it is unpredictable and uncontrolable.

but hey! its GREEN! YEA US!

(they think we are stupid because we keep acting like it by letting them get away with this junk)
Speaking of stupid, you know that green energy doesn't necessarily mean wind power, right?
Quebec runs almost entirely on kinetic energy.
The Maritimes are making great strides in harnessing tidal power, as well.

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
They are when you add in the environmental, social and health consequences of coal. But again you'll just deny those so whatever.
Our entire society is what is becsue of cheap of electric. The benefits of cheap electric far outweigh any consequences by many magnitudes.

I don;t deny anything, what I do is base my assertions on facts instead of emotion driven by propaganda.

Old 12-03-2013, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Updating/fixing/replacing infrastructure might have been a useful use for Obamas trillion dollar sendlous bill that was supposed to have all those "shovel ready" jobs. Too bad so much of the money went to Obama backers like Solyndra and was pissed away instead.
That wouldn't have worked anyway, the NIMBY environmentalists would still have all those projects locked up in the courts.

Old 12-03-2013, 03:25 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Should we immediately end fossil fuel subsidies then? I'm cool with that, but again I'm lucky enough to be able to take the bus when gas immediately goes up to $11/gallon.

The subsidy for liquid fuels works out to fractions of a penny per gallon, you'll see no difference at the pump.

Again facts, not emotion.

Old 12-03-2013, 03:27 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,776,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Our entire society is what is becsue of cheap of electric. The benefits of cheap electric far outweigh any consequences by many magnitudes.

I don;t deny anything, what I do is base my assertions on facts instead of emotion driven by propaganda.
It's true. Thanks for the Industrial Revolution. But we're ready for a better alternative energy future now.

Old 12-03-2013, 03:29 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,776,410 times
Quote:
The subsidy for liquid fuels works out to fractions of a penny per gallon, you'll see no difference at the pump.

Denial is emotion. Maybe you should work on that.

Old 12-03-2013, 03:32 PM

Quote:

Another fact, government makes the lion's share of profit off every purchase of a gallon of gasoline

Old 12-03-2013, 03:35 PM

Quote:
It's true. Thanks for the Industrial Revolution. But we're ready for a better alternative energy future now.
Sure, fine and dandy, what form is this energy future of the future going to take, because your answer will tell us if you are an informed and educated debater on this subject, or just another ignorant liberal spouting talking points.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies