Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 01:26 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,164,711 times

Advertisements

It's amazing how many physicians and psychiatrists are on this thread, who have actually examined those disabled people, and have decided their claims are bogus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2013, 01:28 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
At some point even the Obama supporters have to admit that this president's policies are not working. We create more new recipients for SSDI and Food Stamps each and every month, then Americans who are getting jobs.
not clear how SSDI or structural unemployment is the president's fault

those have been issues for years

Old 12-04-2013, 01:29 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
It's amazing how many physicians and psychiatrists are on this thread, who have actually examined those disabled people, and have decided their claims are bogus.
i'm not a medical doctor, but i know a lot of them, and we talk, and i take their opinions seriously.

i figured it was just common knowledge that disability was being abused; i didn't realize anyone would debate that point.

Old 12-04-2013, 01:34 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
I looked at the disability numbers a few months back. Far and away, by leaps and bounds, the most common reason for being on disability is having a "mood disorder."
I'm surprised. I would have thought most disability cases would be related to obesity (such as diabetes, etc.).

Big Pharma won't be happy until everybody in the U.S. has a "disease".

Old 12-04-2013, 01:41 PM

8,630 posts, read 9,137,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
I'm surprised. I would have thought most disability cases would be related to obesity (such as diabetes, etc.).

Big Pharma won't be happy until everybody in the U.S. has a "disease".
Having a desease does not qualify for SSDI. Having a condition where the person is unemployable does. If you lose your legs does not mean you can't sell tickets in a movie theater. losing your arms might and certainly your eyes. There are some conditions no employer will hire you.

Old 12-04-2013, 01:50 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,859,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
LOL. Credible link please to support your claim?

And what would the overwhelming most common disability for men be, erectile dysfunction?

Oh no. It's far worse than that.

The most common male disability is blue balls.

And that's in direct proportion to the most common female disability, (I'm not in the)mood disability.

Old 12-04-2013, 02:11 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
LOL. Credible link please to support your claim?

And what would the overwhelming most common disability for men be, erectile dysfunction?

Here you go: Annual Statistical Report on the Social Security Disability Insurance Program, 2011 - Beneficiaries Who Have Filed for Workers' Compensation or Public Disability Benefits

But you are correct, I meant to state most of the mood disorders are female, not that the most disability for females was moods.

Old 12-04-2013, 02:14 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
Lucky you for never having encountered another human being who suffers from clinical depression. Depression is a medical condition, just like any other.

Love how you brought a touch of sexism into your post too. Classy!
Facts are not sexism.

As I noted in the post above, I incorrectly stated the msot common disability for females was moods, I meant to state that females make up the most mood disorders.

Old 12-04-2013, 02:42 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,346,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Here you go: Annual Statistical Report on the Social Security Disability Insurance Program, 2011 - Beneficiaries Who Have Filed for Workers' Compensation or Public Disability Benefits

But you are correct, I meant to state most of the mood disorders are female, not that the most disability for females was moods.
Did you notice , in that report, that most of the types of disorders, those claiming, are in the 50 and over age group?

Not exactly the 'young and lazy' crowd.

Older Americans, when they loose a job, have the nearly impossible challenge, of finding new employment. After UE runs out, their are very few options in this country.

Old 12-04-2013, 02:45 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
You actually don't know about the recent reports on disability fraud? One would have to be sharing the same cave as Obama to state "I didn't know". I guess you are glued to right wing media seeing as they bury everything that exposes Obama and his administration for what they really are.

Senate panel uncovers millions in disability fraud

I like this one (October 2013). A 13 minute education:

Disability, USA - 60 Minutes Videos - CBS News

Robert Slayton: Disability Fraud?

Disability Fraud Cost Taxpayers $2.5 billion

Need more?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies