Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 11:08 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Especially seeing as how we have more enemies today and weakened relations from countries that were our allies.

Yes indeed, do not feel we have standing in the world, as we once did. And yes having more enemies today, is not nothing to sneezze at.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2013, 11:12 AM

1,825 posts, read 1,418,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Really?

You might want to tell that to Mary Landrieu (D-LA), Mark Begich (D-AK), Mark Pryor (D-AR), Kay Hagan (D-NC) Jeff Berkley (D-OR), Al Franken (D-MN) and Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH). I'm betting all 7 and then some get kicked out of the Senate next year. They could use a hug from a koolaid drinker like you.
Won't happen for reasons I have said numerous times. The GOP failed recruit their top people in NC like Steve Troxler, or Cherie Berry so they have a bunch of no-names and the speaker of the state house which means Hagan will have an easy time making the NC state legislature an issue.

Old 12-06-2013, 11:43 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,928,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Yes indeed, do not feel we have standing in the world, as we once did. And yes having more enemies today, is not nothing to sneezze at.
People who cannot navigate the intricacies of double negative construction need not worry their heads about America's international reputation. We have enemies because of our continued association with Israel. Period. Recent revelations about NSA activities has not yet created new enemies. Obama might be President but he has nothing to do with NSA activities. Nor U.S. policies with respect to Israel. These are legacy ideologies. All U.S. presidents are duty bound to maintain them. The next U.S. president, and there will be one, will have a very similar foreign policy to Obama. On balance though, America's foreign standing is actually better now, under Obama, than during the Bush administration. This too is not up for argument. There is a mountain of evidence to support the contention that Bush did not elevate America's posture in the world but that Obama has.

H

Old 12-06-2013, 11:46 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,469,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
...I am clearly voting Republican for the rest of my life, and support their entire platform.

Obviously.
Yup. 2 terms as POTUS clearly marks a person as a failure. Your claim to fame is......?

Old 12-06-2013, 02:46 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,073,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Nice tongue in cheek humor.

This mindset, of course, among liberals is what created the thing that is Obama. Blind allegience to a political party and inability to process information will result in poor candidates rising up through the political ranks.

When the policies promoted by a candidate defy common sense, principles of liberty, promote class warfare, and create economic distress, perhaps that candidate should not achieve the highest office in the land. Perhaps....................... just perhaps...................... a community organizer with essentially NO EXPERIENCE and a dubious background should not be given the reigns of the US. What in the hell were Obama voters thinking? Answer- they were not thinking.

My father (a political moron) has voted democrat for his entire life, due to grain price declines in the Eisenhower administration. Of course, the price declines under Carter were just fine, but that pesky Ike created a reflex, knee jerk democrat, who has voted against his own personal values and views for the rest of his life.
Obama won in 2008 because no Republican was going to win given the national mood at the time.

Obama was experienced in 2012. He won because the Republicans ran an "exclusivist" campaign that sought to marginalize way too many people. If Romney had run a forward-thinking campaign that offered reasonable alternatives to ACA or real information about the problems it would cause, or made 47 percent comments, he would have won.

Old 12-06-2013, 02:51 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,073,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Yup. 2 terms as POTUS clearly marks a person as a failure. Your claim to fame is......?
Well, obviously from a personal standpoint Obama is successful. You know what I mean though.

Old 12-06-2013, 03:02 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
Quote:
Obama won in 2008 because no Republican was going to win given the national mood at the time.

Obama was experienced in 2012. He won because the Republicans ran an "exclusivist" campaign that sought to marginalize way too many people. If Romney had run a forward-thinking campaign that offered reasonable alternatives to ACA or real information about the problems it would cause, or made 47 percent comments, he would have won.
His complete refusal to go back very far in his taxes didn't help either, especially given the fact that his father was the poster boy for releasing more then a few years of taxes. It doomed in even before the other stuff in my mind.

Old 12-06-2013, 03:26 PM

27,131 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Quote:
...I am clearly voting Republican for the rest of my life, and support their entire platform.

Obviously.

I doubt it but laud you for the opening admission statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies