Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2013, 03:03 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
But polls show that of scientists working in the field of climate science, and publishing papers on the topic: 97% of the climate scientists surveyed believe “global average temperatures have increased” during the past century;
Bunk. It's been proven wrong over and over.

Try this survey;

It is becoming clear that not only do many scientists dispute the asserted global warming crisis, but these skeptical scientists may indeed form a scientific consensus. Don’t look now, but maybe a scientific consensus exists concerning global warming after all. Only 36 percent of geoscientists and engineers believe that humans are creating a global warming crisis, according to a survey reported in the peer-reviewed Organization Studies. By contrast, a strong majority of the 1,077 respondents believe that nature is the primary cause of recent global warming and/or that future global warming will not be a very serious problem. The survey results show geoscientists (also known as earth scientists) and engineers hold similar views as meteorologists. Two recent surveys of meteorologists (summarized here and here) revealed similar skepticism of alarmist global warming claims.

Peer-Reviewed Survey Finds Majority Of Scientists Skeptical Of Global Warming Crisis - Forbes

Old 12-06-2013, 03:04 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by California831 View Post
The IPCC consists of 800 scientists all over the world and they all come to the conclusion that global warming is caused by human activities. I took an atmospheric science class in college taught by one of the IPCC scientists. He was a great teacher and very smart. I myself am a practicing environmental engineer. Climate change deniers are the same people who deny evolution. Oh the uneducated.. how they always think they know everything.
I know the earth heats periodically and cools periodically. Fact.

What facts, not theory, are there to support AGW? In a word.........................none.

Old 12-06-2013, 03:05 PM

Quote:
I definitely do. I cant believe there is even a discussion on this. It is straight up fact. Next thing you people gonna try and convince everyone the world is flat.
What fact? You have no facts. No incontrovertible facts. Just supposition and unsubstantiated theory.

Old 12-06-2013, 03:06 PM

Quote:
I myself am a practicing environmental engineer. Climate change deniers are the same people who deny evolution. Oh the uneducated.. how they always think they know everything.
How did you decide that?

Oh the educated lemmings. How they always think they know everything.

Old 12-06-2013, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Now how exactly does this benefit anyone? The primary opposition to climate change science is the oil, gas, and coal industries. Which large corporation is backing this "climategate" you speak of? Come on, you people need to look at the facts and stop listening to the delusions of your right wing social commentators!
You keep throwing facts around. Yet nothing to show they are facts and not theory.

Old 12-06-2013, 03:08 PM

Quote:
I definitely do. I cant believe there is even a discussion on this. It is straight up fact. Next thing you people gonna try and convince everyone the world is flat.
No, we'll leave that to you educated lemmings. Remember, it was the educated scientists that once told farmers and hunters that the world was flat.

Old 12-06-2013, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california831 View Post

Why are you so against this?? Why cant facts be comprehended?

what facts?????????????????????????

Old 12-06-2013, 03:15 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
That is a balanced, sane and reasonable approach to the problem. There are many here who would damn you for it though. Some here are so out to lunch that you would be called some kind of "*******" for suggesting such an intelligent approach to the problem. Only an extreme "Lefty" could have any kind of solution for any kind of problem in those kinds of perverted minds.
actually i get hammered by the left because i dont buy into their bullcrap on climate change, the right however tends to like what i say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janellen View Post
All I know is I'm greener than Al Gore, and that's green enough for me.
so is george w bush.

Old 12-06-2013, 03:15 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Theres been research indicating what a 3 degree rise would mean. The estimates are a few hundred million dead, drought, starvation. Nothing really truly horrific per se. Its interesting because 2 degrees is seen as having small impacts, but hitting that 3 is when it starts hitting our ability to maintain it.

Theres also some concerns about what happens when we start melting ice caps, ocean acidifcation, etc etc etc.

Basically its a long list of things that would negatively impact the world.

Do the answers support the alarms? That one...is harder to say. at 5 degrees, yeah pretty sure. at 3...its borderline, and at 2 we seem to be OK.

But really google it and read some. Its a complex and fascinating subject that people have spent their entire lifetime figuring out.

And why hadn't I responded? To be honest I must have missed the questions, I follow a couple posts on here....but that means hundreds of responses, and I don't have tons of time as I only tend to post while stuffs compiling here at work. Others may have not bothered because they feel that explaining this to people who refuse to change their minds no matter the evidence is not a good use of their time.
We can't maintain the Earth's temperature anymore than we can "maintain" hurricanes or tornadoes.

Old 12-06-2013, 03:16 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Bunk. It's been proven wrong over and over.

Try this survey;

It is becoming clear that not only do many scientists dispute the asserted global warming crisis, but these skeptical scientists may indeed form a scientific consensus. Don’t look now, but maybe a scientific consensus exists concerning global warming after all. Only 36 percent of geoscientists and engineers believe that humans are creating a global warming crisis, according to a survey reported in the peer-reviewed Organization Studies. By contrast, a strong majority of the 1,077 respondents believe that nature is the primary cause of recent global warming and/or that future global warming will not be a very serious problem. The survey results show geoscientists (also known as earth scientists) and engineers hold similar views as meteorologists. Two recent surveys of meteorologists (summarized here and here) revealed similar skepticism of alarmist global warming claims.

Peer-Reviewed Survey Finds Majority Of Scientists Skeptical Of Global Warming Crisis - Forbes
Meh, an opinion piece the suits your confirmation bias.

the consensus project
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies