Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 08:53 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post

They see no problem at all with an incredible national debt and believe there is no limit to how high it can go. They blissfully believe that the party can go on indefinitely.
It would be nice if conservatives worried about the national debt when conservatives are in power.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2013, 09:01 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
It would be nice if conservatives worried about the national debt when conservatives are in power.
We do, it's the main reason many of us are conservatives.

Old 12-08-2013, 09:03 AM

1,609 posts, read 1,079,490 times
Quote:
Wrong...it would solve the problem if the "voters" paid attention to the candidates for whom they vote. I know to what you are eluding and remember it was Clinton who gutted the military to make his budget look good and then Bush had to rebuild to fight the terrorists...Obama, well he is so totally ignorant of everything he is doing and really in the dark about economics, we should definitely take away his "credit card" and ground Air Force One!

The answer to the welfare problem is very simple...welfare should "ONLY" be taken care of at the local level. Federal, State and County have no business handing out welfare when they have no way of knowing who needs and who doesn't. Welfare has to be handled within the area that welfare is given. Only close contact and communication can judge and that should be handled mostly by Churches, citizen groups, etc. Once government at any level gets involved it turns into disaster.

Old 12-08-2013, 09:04 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,393,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
How would you convince the people not to vote for the politicians that will give them welfare again?
The welfare crowd offers too many votes to keep welfare out of their hands. Same with corporations that fund the political campaigns to rally that voting crowd.
We tell people if they like their welfare they can keep it as long as they sign up on a website (one that works this time). Then we round them up, deport them and auction off all of their possessions.

I forgot to add period.

Old 12-08-2013, 09:09 AM

1,609 posts, read 1,079,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
We tell people if they like their welfare they can keep it as long as they sign up on a website (one that works this time). Then we round them up, deport them and auction off all of their possessions.

I forgot to add period.
Love your response!

We should also somehow educate voters that it is they, themselves that are paying all the welfare $'s to those who are not contributing to Society. Those earning the $'s and paying taxes still outnumber those taking the $'s and not paying taxes...I think. I don't think BO has managed to totally screw those numbers up yet.

Old 12-08-2013, 09:27 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
We do, it's the main reason many of us are conservatives.
I just did not hear much whining from conservatives when GW was spending like a drunken sailor with a credit card.

Old 12-08-2013, 09:28 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,971,219 times
Quote:
I just did not hear much whining from conservatives when GW was spending like a drunken sailor with a credit card.
You have selective hearing, selective memory and selective "truth" seeing.

Old 12-08-2013, 09:32 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
None of us want to pass on this debt to our Grand Kids. It's was too high under Bush and gotten outrageous under Obama.

Obama does not seem to get the connection. Just more free stuff for more people.
How many more people can we let illegally come into the country and pay for their support ?

Obamacare is going to cost us a whole lot of debt which we will never pay.

Old 12-08-2013, 09:35 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,971,219 times
Quote:
Not true... but what if it was?

Would that excuse the spending?

Would that make the consequences any less bad?

Does Obama get a "pass" on irresponsibility that borders on criminality "just because they did it"?

Old 12-08-2013, 09:50 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
You seem to have forgotten that congress passes a spending budget the president only approves it. Please note at what time GWB spent the most who controlled congress. Please go to Citizens against Government waste web site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies