Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2013, 10:26 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdave35 View Post
What if his religion requires him to practice it in all aspects of life, not just only behind closed doors? A Christian must ask if God would approve of participating in a gay wedding and making profit off this action.
Selling a cake to somebody ≠ participating in his wedding

Old 12-10-2013, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Baloney, the gay couple could have easily went and found another baker, but no, they had to make a big stink about it just to get attention and press.
They both found another baker and went to bat for their rights.

Quote:
I'm getting sick of gays acting like their rights and privileges should trump everyone else.
Trump? They're simply sticking up for their rights. Rights that by the way are shared by Christians, heterosexuals, etc.

Old 12-10-2013, 10:36 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
are you smart enough to understand the difference between freedom of religion and freedom of worship.

gays are the biggest threat the the first amendment in the history of this country.

If people had any moral fortitude this judge would be shot.
What is it is with all of these "religious" people advocating for poisonings, shootings, etc.?

Absolutely astounding.

Old 12-10-2013, 10:41 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Yes it does, and it is much too obvious to deny.
It's not obvious at all. Nothing about making or selling cakes is connected to practicing Christianity.

Quote:
So, just disagree and say his religious beliefs can be dismissed. In other words, be honest.
Of course they can be dismissed. Do you sell cake? I'd like a cake. Here's some money for the cake. Now give me cake.

See? Religion is not involved.

Quote:
Some Christians feel very strongly that marriage is a holy union between a man and a woman ONLY ... and that such unions between same sex partners is contrary to their beliefs.
So? What part of that puts them above the law?

Quote:
So, yes, making a wedding cake for a same sex couple would obviously be at odds with such beliefs.
And yet, nothing they're being asked to do prevents them from believing that.

Quote:
You can certainly disagree with that belief, but you can't say the belief doesn't exist, or does not apply.
I can say it doesn't matter.

Old 12-10-2013, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
What is it is with all of these "religious" people advocating for poisonings, shootings, etc.?

Absolutely astounding.
Is it astounding? What vehicle has better taught hatred and violence than religion?

Old 12-10-2013, 10:44 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Delta View Post
What does my personal psychological evaluation of people with extreme religious and political views have to do with my level of tolerance for said people? What does "tolerance" mean to you? Do you wish to be able to do and say as you please with no repercussions whatsoever? Do you wish to remain free from any and all criticism of your actions and beliefs, even if those actions and beliefs are used to support discrimination and violence toward your fellow human beings? Does anything less than absolute acceptance of your views and behaviors count as 'intolerance'? What is it you want from us, exactly? To shut up and stand idly by while watching you commit one social injustice after another and never challenge you in any way? Sorry, but that's not going to happen.

Humorously, (or perhaps sadly, I am uncertain which) your very post itself is actually a perfect example of not only the intolerance but the hypocrisy of people with far right-wing and/or extremist religious views. You demand not only the right to be as intolerant as you wish, but you also demand that we accept this implicitly! If we refuse to do so, we are being intolerant! Sorry, but I'm not buying into this, and neither is any other person with an ounce of sense. There are different types and levels of intolerance. Some people's intolerance has the capacity, and sometimes even the intent, of causing real physical, psychological, financial and social harm to innocent people. The type of intolerance I hold is intolerance for such hateful, harmful beliefs. If you don't like that, tough. We are under NO obligation whatsoever to be tolerant of your intolerance. Period.

Old 12-10-2013, 10:51 AM

2,538 posts, read 4,712,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Give me an example of valid reason to kill. Let's see if we're on the same page here.
Well, depending on who you ask there could be dozens if not hundreds of valid reasons. Adultery? Death. Thoughts of adultery? Death. Working on the Sabbath? Death. Heck, depending on the level of radical-ness, I've heard some say simply being a gentile is a valid reason. I'm certainly not saying I support such nonsense, but this is the biblical view that many Orthodox Jews and even many Christians take. Killing someone for a supposed sin is not murder.

Old 12-10-2013, 10:52 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post

Absolutely astounding.
I know, eh? And they have the audacity to claim the moral high ground. Poisoning and shooting is A-OK, but baking a cake is against their religion.
Disgusting.

Old 12-10-2013, 10:55 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
Because the OT speaks of it in negative terms, and there are plenty of verses in the NT that do not support homosexuality. Even Jesus say marriage was designed between a man and a woman.

Wedding cake, celebration cake, it doesn't matter. It is the equivalent of a pastor celebrating a couple in the church for committing adultry.
Chapter and verse, please? I'm pretty sure Jesus never said any such thing. Arguing the bible with an atheist is never a good idea.

Old 12-10-2013, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
I think it's 100% morally exceptable to kill (not murder) people who are trying to force me and around half this country into violating god's laws.

Gayists are much bigger tyrants then any of the ones that we previously fought against.

these 2 gays and that judge are trying to destroy this country, they are gay-terrorists and terrorists should be killed
Your work perhaps?

Police Investigate Anti-Gay Hate Crime By Hasidic Jewish Men In Williamsburg (PHOTOS) : News : Headlines & Global News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies