Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2013, 12:43 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Like I said, just call me the grand high poo bah of the church of JJRose. You'll never have to follow any law you don't like if you follow my religion. That is basically what the "religious freedom" crowd are saying. I never knew a bible was a get out of jail free card.
Cool. I would very much like to cut the tags off my pillows.

Old 12-10-2013, 12:49 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
Cool. I would very much like to cut the tags off my pillows.
Welcome my brother/sister. You can do that and more! Jay walking, double parking, speeding, no more parking fines, the world is your oyster, and no law can touch you.

Old 12-10-2013, 12:51 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Welcome my brother/sister. You can do that and more! Jay walking, double parking, speeding, no more parking fines, the world is your oyster, and no law can touch you.

I like the occasional toke.

3,550 posts, read 2,557,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Ten Commandments.
it says לא תרצח (don't murder)
it doesn't say לא תהרג (don't kill)

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
Can I light up a doobie in the police station if I claim I'm a Rastafarian?

Old 12-10-2013, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I like the occasional toke.
All day every day, even while driving! The lord approves of your choice.

Old 12-10-2013, 12:52 PM

15,092 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
What's funny is that this is exactly what liberals do want for themselves. Liberals suggested getting the FCC to shut down Fox News. Liberals support the fairness doctrine. Liberals pass hate speech laws and speech codes. Liberals try to disrupt conservative speaking engagements. Liberals tear down flyers for conservative meetings. Liberals grade down conservative students. Liberals target conservative groups with the IRS. Liberals use accusations of racism and sexism to try to marginalize people who don't agree with them.

What do conservatives do to try to silence liberals? Nothing.

Yes, that's called freedom. Freedom involves letting other people disagree with your views. It means if someone doesn't want to sell you a wedding cake, then you go get one somewhere else. You don't sue them to force them to make you a wedding cake. You're calling someone else an intolerant hypocrite because he wants to let people make the cakes they want for the customers they want. Intolerance of someone due to their skin color, gender, or sexual orientation is morally reprehensible. But intolerance of someone due to their political or religious beliefs is A-OK. That's ridiculous.

Your self righteousness in your supposed tolerance as you advocate forcing people to operate their businesses according to the standards you want is disingenuous.

I agree that government should not be allowed to discriminate. But forcing private individuals not to discriminate by force of law is simply you practicing your own intolerance. The equal protection clause is government overreach. Bigots should receive the force of social disapproval, with the loss of customers and public ill will that comes along with it. But it shouldn't be the government's job to pick and choose who private individuals do business with. And in wanting the government to do that, you are the one whose intolerance is causing real harm to innocent people. You are forcing people to violate their religious principles.
Very well stated!

Now, for the flipside of this "cake caper" ..... what IDIOT would want to buy and eat a cake that they had to get a court order to force the baker to make? I mean, this really is liberal lunacy in all it's unglory shining dimly. If I were the Baker, I'd probably mistake the jar of sodium for sugar, making a very briny confection more suitable for an equine wedding. I don't think there is any law against making bad cake.

But I've got to say that this entire fiasco REEKS of a staged event ... a pure set-up. No, this isn't just a case of two gay boys tip toeing into a random bakery, and being denied a wedding cake, with the ACLU just showing up to defend the wronged. There was likley premeditation involved here ... the forces of righteous indignation gathering their ranks to make a media extravaganza out of this deplorable discrimination against the poor downtrodden queens seeking a cake.

Conspiracy theory? I don't think so ..... making headline news, with lawyers from the ACLU charging in is not a random event. This is just more of the same promotion of the homosexual agenda being rolled out onto the national stage like the countless other examples of mass media manipulation of society.

Old 12-10-2013, 12:53 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
it says לא תרצח (don't murder)
it doesn't say לא תהרג (don't kill)
....and yet, you'd have no problem with murdering gays with cyanide or shooting judges.
Nice.

Old 12-10-2013, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Can I light up a doobie in the police station if I claim I'm a Rastafarian?
Religious freedom! The laws can not get in the way of your personal religious beliefs.

Old 12-10-2013, 12:54 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
All day every day, even while driving! The lord approves of your choice.

Wanna go for a ride?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies