Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2013, 05:14 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,202,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdave35 View Post
And again, OT Mosaic law does not apply to Christians. If it did, we would have to be out there sacrificing lambs.
I notice you never replied to the quote form the bible on divorce and re marriage.

I wonder why?

Old 12-11-2013, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
Since you feel so strongly about following the law
some states still have anti sodomy laws on the books, despite Lawrence.
should every single homo there follow that law or do you only say that with laws that you agree with.

so Orthodox Jews should not be allowed to have a wedding cake at their wedding. (sound anti semetic don't you think)

what about a caterer? you also think no Orthodox wedding should be catered
same principle.

jjrose by any chance are you German?
Anti sodomy laws were struck down by the USSC. Even if they are on the books, they are no longer the law.

Who said anything about Orthodox Jews not being allowed to have a cake? Please stop fighting with strawmen.

And no I am not German. I am Cherokee, and Italian.

Old 12-11-2013, 05:17 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,555,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Smoking pot. Not only is it used in church worship, but also in private worship.

Animal cruelty laws prevent animal sacrifice in personal worship.

There are two.
are you saying these things are allowed constitutionally because of the first amendment?
if yes, say so

If not you misunderstood my question

I'll try this again here's the text of the clause I'm referring to (I no i played around with the pro nouns, so don't nit pick)
Quote:
Congress shall make no law prohibiting the free exercise of religion
according to jjrose's interpretation of the Constitution

please give me law that prohibits the free exercise of religion that is unconstitutional.

(and remember I want one that has nothing to do with a worship because religion means much more than just worship)

Old 12-11-2013, 05:18 PM

Quote:
your still not smart enough to get it.

so was the rest of society how come the proportions changed.

lets try this again

right now the percentage of homosexuals in America who are Jewish is higher than the percentage of Americans who are Jewish.
before Stonewall the percentage of homosexuals in America who were Jewish was lower than the percentage of Americans who were Jewish.
Because there was less religious repression among the general public than among Jewish people.

Old 12-11-2013, 05:19 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,098,101 times
Quote:
right now the percentage of homosexuals in America who are Jewish is higher than the percentage of Americans who are Jewish.

before Stonewall the percentage of homosexuals in America who were Jewish was lower than the percentage of Americans who were Jewish.
How in God's name do you know this? We don't have reliable statistics (or even good estimates for that matter) now as to the number of gay people, so how could you possibly claim to know the relative percentages of gay people in various sub-cultures prior to 1969?

As to today, if your claim about relative percentages of gay people and Jews is true - and I have no reason to believe it is - then it simply tells me that the Jewish community is much more accepting of homosexuality than Americans in general and that gay Jews are more comfortable living openly. Either that or there is some biological reason why Jews are more likely to be born homosexual. Perhaps God has blessed your people with an abundance of homosexuals.

Old 12-11-2013, 05:19 PM

Quote:
1. Too bad so sad. Can't follow the law, become a private membership only club.
2. Eat what ever you want, no one is stopping you.
3. I don't care if there are or aren't. But ALL businesses open to the public must follow the law.
4. No one wants to ban anything. Get over yourself your personal religious beliefs do not give you special privileges over every other business owner.

5. Please try to use the brain your god gave you.
whether you want to or not you are banning religious people from opening stores and are therefore a bigot.

Old 12-11-2013, 05:24 PM

Quote:
are you saying these things are allowed constitutionally because of the first amendment?
if yes, say so

If not you misunderstood my question

I'll try this again here's the text of the clause I'm referring to (I no i played around with the pro nouns, so don't nit pick)

according to jjrose's interpretation of the Constitution

please give me law that prohibits the free exercise of religion that is unconstitutional.

(and remember I want one that has nothing to do with a worship because religion means much more than just worship)
I am saying that IF religious beliefs allowed one to break the law, then those laws against animal cruelty would never apply to those who use it in worship. The 1st amendment is not absolute. Many religious beliefs are curtailed by the laws of the state. Female circumcision is one. There are laws that forbid it even for religious reasons. Each persons personal religious practice is different. If your religion says that you have to pray in the middle of main street. You will be arrested for blocking traffic. If your religious belief is that smoking pot brings you closer to god, you can be arrested for possession of an illegal substance. If your religious belief is that you can never wear clothing, you will be arrested for walking down the street naked.

How you choose to practice your personal religion does not give you the right to break the laws of the state. I don't care what your religious beliefs say.

Old 12-11-2013, 05:24 PM

Quote:
If baking a cake is sin, DO NOT OPEN A SELL CAKES. Simple.
baking a cake is not a sin
selling a cake is not a sin
helping a same gender "wedding" by baking a and selling a wedding cake is a major sin.
forcing people to help a same gender "wedding" by baking a and selling a wedding cake is a much bigger sin.
killing those who force someone to bake to help a same gender "wedding"is NOT A SIN AND COMMENDABLE law or no law.

I guarantee you if this happened a few times these bigoted laws will go away.

Old 12-11-2013, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Interesting. So you're saying that gay terrorists are trying to kill you?
being killed is preferable to baking that cake.

Old 12-11-2013, 05:25 PM

Quote:
whether you want to or not you are banning religious people from opening stores and are therefore a bigot.
Really? Show me one law that bans religious people from owning businesses.

I won't hold my breath.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies