Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2013, 12:13 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Is the baker refusing to do business with homosexuals or refusing to bake a cake for a same-sex wedding?

I'm certain that if two heterosexual men wanted to marry and ordered a cake from this baker, being heterosexuals would not change his refusal to provide a cake for a same-sex wedding.
This man happily baked a wedding cake for dogs. So much for his 'sacred religious beliefs'.

Old 12-09-2013, 12:16 AM

2,572 posts, read 4,249,758 times
I hear the stupid baker refused to make Devil's food cake....LOL 666

Old 12-09-2013, 12:22 AM

1,261 posts, read 2,145,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
I hear the stupid baker refused to make Devil's food cake....LOL 666
I am not certain if this is true, but it would not surprise me. It is the same every time. The more you find out about these people, the more unkind, unpleasant, immoral and hypocritical they become.

Old 12-09-2013, 12:22 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,487,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
I'm not reading the entire thread, but the judge ordered that they be provided a cake. He cannot order that they be provided a good cake. I'm sure there are some outdated ingredients sitting around. And a cake left out overnight might be a bit stale by the time it's served...

And why would anyone want a vendor with whom they are in conflict with to prepare food? Never p*ss off the waiter who's involved with something you're about to eat!! And that applies even more to the cook who's preparing it.
How horrible and dissapointing to read these kinds of thoughts coming from supposed Christians at Christmas time. They suggest that they would put bad ingredients in the cakes, or spit in them. What sick and demented people. You want freedom to use your religion to discriminate, then want to be mean and vindictive. How sad and pathetic.

Old 12-09-2013, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
How horrible and dissapointing to read these kinds of thoughts coming from supposed Christians at Christmas time. They suggest that they would put bad ingredients in the cakes, or spit in them. What sick and demented people. You want freedom to use your religion to discriminate, then want to be mean and vindictive. How sad and pathetic.
But don't you see? They are only following the tenets of their religion to the letter. Because the bible clearly indicates that Jesus supported the use of felony assault against people you don't like for factors they cannot control, even if they wanted to.

The most disgusting and discouraging part of all is a great many of these cretins actually believe they are just and moral people.

Old 12-09-2013, 12:30 AM

28 posts, read 60,197 times
The baker should have served them and made the cake. To show he was a nice guy he should have packed it with fudge at no charge.

Old 12-09-2013, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theboatguy View Post
The baker should have served them and made the cake. To show he was a nice guy he should have packed it with fudge at no charge.
Based on your wording and on your posting history, I fear that this post may have a very ugly and not-so-hidden meaning. Forgive me for being suspicious, and especially forgive me if I am mistaken, but when other people in the very same thread have blatantly and even proudly suggested they would do such a thing, it tends to put one on guard.

Old 12-09-2013, 12:34 AM

2,572 posts, read 4,249,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theboatguy View Post
I kind of thought the baker went that way too, most homophobes are closet cases and use their religion as a smoke screen.

Old 12-09-2013, 05:21 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,085,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
1) I'm not Christian. FWIW, I don't believe in any super sky friends.

2) I never suggested spitting or putting anything in food which would render it dangerous. I merely said there must be some outdated ingredients lying around the kitchen or perhaps if it was left out overnight and became a bit stale...

I'll try to use smaller words next time to allow you to better understand.

Old 12-09-2013, 05:34 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,555,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
There was another thread on the same subject recently. One fine Christian gentleman suggested putting poison in the cake.

Jesus wept.
I said it, I stand by it AND I'm not Christian I'm Jewish.

According to Judaism it would be forbidden to bake that cake even if Colorado had a death penalty for not baking the cake!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies