Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2013, 02:27 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,388,688 times

Advertisements

Did you guys see this story yet? This is hilarious:

Second Christie Pal Resigns In Political 'Revenge' Traffic Jam Scandal

Did Christie retaliate against the Dem mayor of Fort Lee for refusing to endorse him, by ordering the closing of the GWB?

I guess we'll find out. The NJ DA is issuing subpoenas...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2013, 02:37 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Of course he did. In true Progressive fashion, he used his power to punish his enemies.

Old 12-13-2013, 03:13 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,461,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Of course he did. In true Progressive fashion, he used his power to punish his enemies.
So do you just label everyone you disagree with as Progressive?

Even a GOP governor that is favored in a race for the 2016 presidential election?

Old 12-13-2013, 03:16 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
So do you just label everyone you disagree with as Progressive?

Even a GOP governor that is favored in a race for the 2016 presidential election?

I would not label that as a Conservative live & let live move.

Progressive... Yes.

Old 12-13-2013, 03:41 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
So much for Christie ' chances, the cons will just whine that he wasn't conservative enough when he loses in 2016.

Old 12-13-2013, 03:55 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,388,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So much for Christie ' chances, the cons will just whine that he wasn't conservative enough when he loses in 2016.
Christie is denying a WSJ report that he called NY Gov Andrew Coumo and asked him to stop the investigation from the NY side of the Port Authority:

Christie on Cuomo Port Authority call: 'Categorically false' | NJ.com

Anytime a pol says something is "categorically false"... you KNOW its true!

This gonna be fun, watching this play out. Christie kind of made an ass out of himself last year, screwing over his party's presidential candidate. I bet there are a lot of Republicans, especially potential rival candidates, rooting against him.

Old 12-13-2013, 04:02 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,461,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I would not label that as a Conservative live & let live move.

Progressive... Yes.
Quote:
Progressivism is a general political philosophy based on the Idea of Progress that asserts that advances in science, technology, economic development, and social organization, can improve the human condition.
Yeah, it's kind of hard to not be a progressive when using technology that came about after 2,000 years of progress made from high tech industrial processes...instead of banging rocks togethor. That we have progressed out of legal traditions keeping women, minorities, and the poor from being part of the political process. That we progressed out of children working in dangerous conditions. That we have progressed medically out of dying of simple infections and broken bones. That we have progressed out of education, safe food/water, and safe housing is only for those with money.

If these are terrible, it's your decision I guess. Wage a war with those progressive conservatives in name only in order to get them out. Go to opposing the progress of the human race as it has been moving for the last couple thousand years.

It is your choice, and be proud of standing up for your beliefs.

Old 12-13-2013, 11:24 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post

Did Christie retaliate against the Dem mayor of Fort Lee for refusing to endorse him, by ordering the closing of the GWB?

OMG, I can't imagine the GWB ever being closed, how long did that disaster last?

Old 12-14-2013, 05:21 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Yeah, it's kind of hard to not be a progressive when using technology that came about after 2,000 years of progress made from high tech industrial processes...instead of banging rocks togethor. That we have progressed out of legal traditions keeping women, minorities, and the poor from being part of the political process. That we progressed out of children working in dangerous conditions. That we have progressed medically out of dying of simple infections and broken bones. That we have progressed out of education, safe food/water, and safe housing is only for those with money.

If these are terrible, it's your decision I guess. Wage a war with those progressive conservatives in name only in order to get them out. Go to opposing the progress of the human race as it has been moving for the last couple thousand years.

It is your choice, and be proud of standing up for your beliefs.

Progressive control and micro managing with the threat of punishment, is the total opposite of individual freedom. The very fundamentals this nation was born upon.

Progressive policy, is a cancer to the US Constitution. They call it compromise.

Old 12-14-2013, 05:28 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post

I kinda glanced at the story. I don't know what happened, but it is just not believable to me that an elected US governor of a state would be so pathetically petty in such an obvious manner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies