Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 03:57 AM

1,143 posts, read 1,080,147 times

Advertisements

We all know that man made global warming is a fraud. However, i'm curious what's the ultimate purpose of perpetrating this fraud.

"The study, by scientist Leif Kullman, analyzed 455 radiocarbon-dated mega-fossils in the Scandes mountains and found that tree lines for different species of trees were higher during the Roman and Medieval times than they are today. Not only that, but the temperatures were higher as well."

Study: Earth was warmer in Roman, Medieval Times | The Daily Caller
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2013, 04:13 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
We all know that man made global warming is a fraud. However, i'm curious what's the ultimate purpose of perpetrating this fraud.

"The study, by scientist Leif Kullman, analyzed 455 radiocarbon-dated mega-fossils in the Scandes mountains and found that tree lines for different species of trees were higher during the Roman and Medieval times than they are today. Not only that, but the temperatures were higher as well."

Don't be ridiculous. We know no such thing.

Old 12-14-2013, 04:15 AM

33,543 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:

You have been hoodwinked....Leif Kullman never said that it was warmer, that is the conclusion of the denialist blog that published the story they made up. You are a bit late on this misinformation I'm afraid.

//www.city-data.com/forum/32604754-post411.html

Old 12-14-2013, 04:25 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
Too many toga parties. That was easy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V_hCqO6UQs

Old 12-14-2013, 05:58 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Similar study here:
Quote:
Climate in northern Europe reconstructed for the past 2,000 years: Cooling trend calculated precisely for the first time

"We found that previous estimates of historical temperatures during the Roman era and the Middle Ages were too low," says Esper. "Such findings are also significant with regard to climate policy, as they will influence the way today's climate changes are seen in context of historical warm periods." The new study has been published in the journal Nature Climate Change.

Old 12-14-2013, 06:01 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
While I oppose the Goreist agenda I must say the fact that there are natural variations in global temperature does not eliminate the possibility that man's activity cannot also impact global temperature.

Old 12-14-2013, 06:02 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,595,372 times
The sun has been entering a low activity phase for some time; the earth will be getting colder.

If anything if human activity was significant enough to really alter the earths climate it may help us all by counteracting the coming cold.

Old 12-14-2013, 06:10 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
We all know that man made global warming is a fraud.
Theres been no conclusive evidence that the current global warming trend is man made,any one making that claim is merely stating an opinion or coming to an unfounded conclusion, just like your opinion that somehow this is all some kind of fraud.
Bottom line, why is this such a desperately relevant issue to the rightwing,? if a scientist or media source tells me the Earth is currently going through a bit of a warming or cooling phase then ok end of story

Old 12-14-2013, 06:11 AM

33,543 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
The sun has been entering a low activity phase for some time; the earth will be getting colder.

If anything if human activity was significant enough to really alter the earths climate it may help us all by counteracting the coming cold.
I agree.

Old 12-14-2013, 06:41 AM

4,272 posts, read 3,787,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Similar study here:
Temperature isn't the only factor affecting in tree ring growth. The shortfall of the article is that it did not present those other factors and why or why not they were considered. Unfortunately, I am not a subscriber of the scientific journal linked in the article because I am certain that is where I can find that information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies