Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 01:37 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
No, people are pointing out that the Pope didn't say what you think he said. He ACTUALLY said Marxism was wrong, but he knew a few and they were good people. How about the entire quote? Still like him since he said it is wrong?
Sure, the Pope seems like quite an honorable man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2013, 01:37 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
It's the audacity of him stating that he knows many Marxists who are good people that is causing rightwing heads to explode.
That and the fact that the right considers calling someone a commie the worst insult imaginable. The Pope shrugged off their intended insult and turned it into a message of brotherhood. It's fantastic!

He's getting more and more exciting to watch. And listen to.

Old 12-16-2013, 01:43 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,907,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Pope Francis To Critics: I'm No Marxist, But They're Good People

LOL! Where did you RCers FIND this guy? I LOVE him!

Never thought I'd be a fan of a pope again. Things really ARE looking up for us Leftists, not just in the US, but all over the world.
The Pope seems to have the Christian trait of loving everybody. No wonder the right wingers hate him so much.

Old 12-16-2013, 01:49 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post
The rest of the story - from the OP's link:
He is somewhere in the middle, he doesn't like capitalism, either, judging from his numerous statements in the past.
While I am an atheist, I also like him, he is the first pope in a long time that really addresses our problems, without giving a damn about what people think. He knows he is right and a nightmare for any established structure, including the Vatican.

Old 12-16-2013, 01:50 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
that didn't take long for you to sell your religion because you hate having a Pope that cares for people in poverty.
There is nothing new with Latin American Catholic Marxists. And why do you suppose the millions and millions of very impoverished that are fleeing those countries, never flee them for another Latin American nation, but all instead are hell bent on getting into the USA?

Old 12-16-2013, 01:50 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
People are people since they are human.I don't anything changes that but central control corrupts as always. The central control of means and fruits of production is not only dangerous to individual freedom and humans rights as we have seen but doesn't provide the most good to those dependent on them .One only has to look around the world at examples.Remember Marx lived in a world of centralist control by royal accession ;basically a dictatorship passed on from family member to family member and even controlled Europe with extended family.

Last edited by texdav; 12-16-2013 at 01:58 PM..

Old 12-16-2013, 01:54 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,461,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
No, people are pointing out that the Pope didn't say what you think he said. He ACTUALLY said Marxism was wrong, but he knew a few and they were good people. How about the entire quote? Still like him since he said it is wrong?
Hummm, are you accusing me of being Marxist and only like him because it seemed like he was one?

Old 12-16-2013, 01:58 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
There is nothing new with Latin American Catholic Marxists. And why do you suppose the millions and millions of very impoverished that are fleeing those countries, never flee them for another Latin American nation, but all instead are hell bent on getting into the USA?
And you blame all that on the Pope? I didn't know he was running all of Latin America before becoming the Pope.

Old 12-16-2013, 02:03 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Hilarious that Leftists did a 180 and are suddenly all for the Catholic pope because of some quotes, several of which were taken out of context...

Carry on.
Let's see, we a Pope who protects pederast priest, and glorifies the materialistic pomp of the papacy in front of me and a Pope who is the polar opposite. If I turn way from one towards the other... Yeah, that would be by definition a 180 degree turn.

Old 12-16-2013, 02:04 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And why do you suppose the millions and millions of very impoverished that are fleeing those countries, never flee them for another Latin American nation, but all instead are hell bent on getting into the USA?
Where the American right is hell bent on shouting, "Welfare grabbing illegal alien!!" in their face. "You're stealing jobs Americans should have. And you're lazy!"

Pope Francis would no doubt wash their feet and give them a meal. Which would make the American right shout, "Jesus wouldn't do that!!!!! Jesus wants you to wash your own feet!!"

Last edited by DewDropInn; 12-16-2013 at 02:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies