Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2013, 01:33 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,722,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
All kinds of bad decisions affect other people - some legal and some illegal. Some decisions that are good for some people are bad for others.

Okay, your daughter got sick - even after the vaccine. I've worked in community clinics and have been okay with and without the vaccine. I've also been sick from other things that would not have been helped by the flu shot. Sometimes people get sick. Maybe we should outlaw working in places where there is likely to be a collection of sick people because, according to your example, even the vaccine can't stop it.

You can't legislate a utopian world where people don't make bad decisions or where we are insultated from any affect from other people. However, to be clear, I'm not against all regulations or vaccines. I might not even be against this one if it wasn't another example from Mayor Bloomberg.
The point is, this unimmunized kid cost my daughter a lot of money, and time off work, for which a replacement had to be found. Flu is ubiquitous in the winter months in Colorado. That's why a seemingly "mild" disease causes so much harm.

Old 12-18-2013, 01:35 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,665,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I don't think so. Are you an MD by the way? Probably not, b/c no MD would say the things you have w/o even seeing the patient! BTW, all you know is what is in these articles. You don't know what all else "transipred". Did he do drugs, or something else that might have caused his condition? WE DON'T KNOW from these articles.
Yes I know what's in the articles. Thats what I pointed out. Thats what this thread is about.

From the article the only thing not ruled out was the flu shot. You don't need to be a MD to know this.

I didn't say the shot killed him but it has a very high probability considering it wasn't ruled out.

Old 12-18-2013, 01:36 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,320,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
I said they found out too late.

Who found out too late? Found out what?
Not one doctor said the death was caused by the flu shot. Not one.
However, I'm really glad we have one of the greatest medical minds of the 21st century here to weigh in.

Old 12-18-2013, 01:38 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,665,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post

Who found out too late? Found out what?
Not one doctor said the death was caused by the flu shot. Not one.
However, I'm really glad we have one of the greatest medical minds of the 21st century here to weigh in.
Never said 1 doctor said the cause of death was the flu shot.

Old 12-18-2013, 01:39 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,582,560 times
Quote:
The point is, this unimmunized kid cost my daughter a lot of money, and time off work, for which a replacement had to be found. Flu is ubiquitous in the winter months in Colorado. That's why a seemingly "mild" disease causes so much harm.
I understand that point. It just doesn't change mine.

Anyway, let's take your daughter's example. Her vaccine was not able to prevent her from catching this strain of the flu. Therefore, it is quite possible that even if the child had been vaccinated, the child would have also caught that strain of the flu anyway and could have just as easily passed it along to your daughter. It appears that the vaccine would not have prevented this - since it didn't prevent it.

Old 12-18-2013, 01:40 PM

13,302 posts, read 7,867,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
The doctors didn't know he had a flu shot until it was too late.
There is no known antidote for a bad flu shot event.

Old 12-18-2013, 02:14 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,909,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
Heh. You got to love anti-vac people. They always reverse science (i.e. its their hypothesis that Vac's cause autisim, so you must prove it DOESn'T). Look dude, its not the job of science to prove the non-existance of anything. It won't prove the non-existance of god, a space monster behind the moon, or whatever.

its the job of science to prove hypothesis. There have been plenty of vacinne studies (and evidence) that these have saved millions of lived.

How many non-discredited studies suggest a link with Autism

lets say again 0

there was only one study that made a suggestion, and if you read the history of it. . .it was torn apart faster than a zebra in a tiger pit
Again, I never made that claim. Stop clinging to it.

My point was....and I will say it again.

Why mandate mass-administration of something people REALLY DO NOT NEED??

That is the elephant it the room....now, want to test some "theories" out?

Old 12-18-2013, 02:22 PM

Quote:
I once read that a CT mother thought the NSA was controlling her kids via though wave implants

i.e.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Anecdotes aren't evidence.
Quote:
who cares what crazies think?
Apparently, Weltschmerz doesn't care for what you think or the anecdote you read about either.

Old 12-18-2013, 02:37 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,722,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Again, I never made that claim. Stop clinging to it.

My point was....and I will say it again.

Why mandate mass-administration of something people REALLY DO NOT NEED??

That is the elephant it the room....now, want to test some "theories" out?
Please tell us why you think people don't need flu shots!

Old 12-18-2013, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Please tell us why you think people don't need flu shots!
Because not that many people die from the flu!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies