Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What should happen to the Duck Dynasty Star for his statements about Gays?
He should be fired! 2 9.09%
He should be suspended 0 0%
He should be allowed to go back after an apology 1 4.55%
He should be able to state his opinion without fear losing his TV job 19 86.36%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 01:41 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,035,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Oh, so you mean GLAAD shouldn't have freedom of speech?
Freedom of speech only applies to people you agree with?
I don't think their freedom of speech is the issue, but their uber PC inclination to destroy people for their differing beliefs is. All he did was quote from the Bible, and GLAAD (true to their form) instantly called for the show to be boycotted.

In other words, he doesn't have the right to voice his religious view if it isn't in line with how GLAAD wants everyone to think. Since any religion (other than atheism) goes against GLADD, then no religious perspective is tolerable.

Old 12-18-2013, 01:44 PM

723 posts, read 636,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfman View Post
I don't think their freedom of speech is the issue, but their uber PC inclination to destroy people for their differing beliefs is. All he did was quote from the Bible, and GLAAD (true to their form) instantly called for the show to be boycotted.

In other words, he doesn't have the right to voice his religious view if it isn't in line with how GLAAD wants everyone to think. Since any religion (other than atheism) goes against GLADD, then no religious perspective is tolerable.
He compared us to people who have sex with animals. How much clearer can this be?

Also, GLAAD is not trying to strip away a single right from this show. Just as the idiots on this show have the right to say whatever dumb thing they want, GLAAD has every right to respond to it. As do the rest of us.

Old 12-18-2013, 02:11 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,695,742 times
Default Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson blasted for linking homosexuality to bestiality

Why do people act so shocked when someone quotes what the BIBLE says about homosexuality?

Old 12-18-2013, 02:21 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,385,609 times
I think when the PC crowd begins to knock this religious family, they won't be afraid to knock back.

We could learn from the Robertson's.

Old 12-18-2013, 02:24 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,094,165 times
Not every show on TV is for everyone.... nor should it be. Those who enjoy the show will continue to watch and those who don't, or dont' like his opinions don't have to watch.
There is something for everyone out there..... what's the big deal. Does everyone have to agree with everyone else's views?

Old 12-18-2013, 03:41 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,146,752 times
Default Duck Dynasty to Become a Raging TV Hit!

Duck Dynasty Star Compares Gay People to “Drunks,” “Terrorists,” and “Prostitutes”

Quote:
But he says he "would never treat anyone with disrespect."
By Laura Stampler @laurastamplerDec. 18, 20136

Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson is under fire for repeated anti-gay comments in a profile for January’s issue of GQ.

It started when Robertson began to talk about the erosion of morality in American culture in which, “Everything is blurred on what’s right and what’s wrong. Sin becomes fine.” When asked to elaborate on what he thinks is sinful, Robertson responded:

“Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there — bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men.”
Read more: Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson Makes Anti-Gay Statements | TIME.com Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson Makes Anti-Gay Statements | TIME.com

Think there'll be raving responses to this piece?

Old 12-18-2013, 03:51 PM

23,822 posts, read 24,216,609 times
And it's already a hit. I've watched about 10 minutes of one episode... not my thing. It's the kind of show that gives "reality" shows a bad name. There are some decent ones out there that are informative and interesting. This show isn't one of them.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 12-18-2013 at 05:14 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 12-18-2013, 04:25 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,695,496 times
It was a matter of time before one of those pontificators would open his mouth and insert his water-proof boot. It will be fun to see what happens. Funny after seeing all the goods marketed in their image, it looks like some serious idolatry is being perpetuated on the masses.

Old 12-18-2013, 04:26 PM

2,025 posts, read 4,198,466 times
I love how statists go immediately for ridicule and generalizations when they don't have anything constructive to criticise those they disagree with.

And it's not likely you'll find the Robertson clan wallowing around WalMart on a scooter. That is reserved for the leeches of society with entitlement mentalities who contribute nothing and take everything as if the world owes it to them. Now, the Robertsons have family time, work and play in good proportions, make a good living, own and use firearms, pray, you know, enjoy life and annoy statists. And it's not like Phil said anything untrue, is it?

Old 12-18-2013, 04:26 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,406,150 times
Where do I sign up? It sure has inspired me to dress up in funny clothes in a confined space (duck blind) with other men while imitating animal calls. And this dude comes down on gays?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies