Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What should happen to the Duck Dynasty Star for his statements about Gays?
He should be fired! 2 9.09%
He should be suspended 0 0%
He should be allowed to go back after an apology 1 4.55%
He should be able to state his opinion without fear losing his TV job 19 86.36%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 11:11 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,121,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
The same things could be said about some of you spreading lies about Phil being a racist.
Except that I've never said such a thing. What makes you think that I did?

Old 12-21-2013, 11:14 PM

351 posts, read 371,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post

As a gay person, I care when people spread such vicious, hateful lies about gay people. It's harmful, especially when it reaches the ears of gay kids.

what lies did Robertson said about gay people?......that's his believe based on the Christian bible......again, you don't have to agree but he was asked a question about his personal believes based on the bible and he answered it honestly......what's the problem again?......don't watch the show.....get over it!

Old 12-21-2013, 11:15 PM

14,887 posts, read 10,058,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Except that I've never said such a thing. What makes you think that I did?
I wasn't talking about you, I'm talking about the people in this thread who are claiming that Phil Robertson is a racist. I'm just looking for an explanation other than "it's really sad that you don't agree with me..."

Old 12-21-2013, 11:15 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,490,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
He can say whatever he likes. You seem to think no one should be allowed to express their criticism of what he says.

Can't have it one way.
I never said that criticism couldn't be had, all I did was point out that you and others don't know (A) what you are talking about because you take what you read in "headlines" for the be all end all, as long as it fits your agenda. (B)Couldn't care less enough to go deeper because when the words "redneck" & "Christian" are used in the same article? It lubes your tubes immediately and there IS no looking back.

Are we speaking about you and your criticism of him and how you can't back it up any longer?

That is your problem. Not mine.

Old 12-21-2013, 11:16 PM

32,133 posts, read 15,129,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Without letting your emotions get involved, can you please explain to us why you believe that Phil Robertson is a racist? Please give a couple examples of what he said and explain how those statements are racist against a certain race of people. If it's that easy to see it should be even easier for you to explain right?
You know, I grew up with racism so I know a racist when I see them. I don't have to explain anything to you because we will never agree. He is a racist, plain and simple. You don't agree then sorry. I guess you see him through rose colored glasses.

Old 12-21-2013, 11:16 PM

237 posts, read 192,366 times
None of you read the interview. He said black were not singing the blues back in his day, which is when the blues was invented. He said he would vote for Mitt Romney because if its late and night Obama would make him feel unsafe.... He stated Blacks were much happier
Under segregation at a time when lynching and beating were common. No blacks ever complained to him so they must have had it pretty good back then right?

Old 12-21-2013, 11:17 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,121,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush99 View Post
what lies did Robertson said about gay people?......that's his believe based on the Christian bible......again, you don't have to agree but he was asked a question about his personal believes based on the bible and he answered it honestly......what's the problem again?......don't watch the show.....get over it!
The lie he told was that gay people are heartless, ruthless, senseless murderers who bring death and invent evil.

Old 12-21-2013, 11:17 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,340,769 times
Up to them, it's their restaurant/"country" store.

Old 12-21-2013, 11:18 PM

14,887 posts, read 10,058,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You know, I grew up with racism so I know a racist when I see them. I don't have to explain anything to you because we will never agree. He is a racist, plain and simple. You don't agree then sorry. I guess you see him through rose colored glasses.
What an utterly pathetic excuse for a reply, thanks Natalie. You can't explain anything to me because you can't even articulate your thoughts to yourself, you believe he's a racist because you believe he's a racist. I don't see him through rose colored glasses, I see the truth and it's certainly a lot clearer than whatever you're looking at.

Old 12-21-2013, 11:20 PM

351 posts, read 371,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettNexus View Post
None of you read the interview. He said black were not singing the blues back in his day, which is when the blues was invented. He said he would vote for Mitt Romney because if its late and night Obama would make him feel unsafe.... He stated Blacks were much happier
Under segregation at a time when lynching and beating were common. No blacks ever complained to him so they must have had it pretty good back then right?

so you have a problem with the blacks that he grew up with?.....you think all blacks in the south were being lynched and every white person in the south hated them?

he never said blacks were better under segregation, why do you put words in his mouth....he was talking about the blacks he grew up with,,,,,again that is how he remembers things.....you want him to lie and make up things?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies