Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 01:29 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,903,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
In the real world everyone is now paying more for their health care insurance, and getting a far worse product in return. Premiums and deductibles are truly insane under AHA. Once employers start dumping millions of employees into the Federal Exchange next year and dropping their insurance coverage completely. Democrats will be distancing themselves as much as possible from their sole involvement in AHA, out of fear of being lynched by their own constituents.

Americans have only come to realize half of how the Democrats totally screwed them. Next year the other shoe will drop.
According to Kaiser, the average employee contributes $4,565 to his employer sponsored group healthcare plan or about 25% of the true cost. This represents an 89% increase between 2003-2012, pre ACA.

Incomes have not kept pace with healthcare inflation, medical technology or the cost of prescription medications for a long, long time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2013, 01:39 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,903,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Then how does it verify your identity and confirm with the IRS your salary from last year to determine premium subsidies? Or is all of this on the honor system?
Being curious, I registered at my state's healthcare exchange early on. I declined to provide my social. I was then taken through an quick identification process. It provided me with a multiple choice of past residences and phone numbers. In a matter of seconds the system knew who I was. I declined to pursue a subsidy because I have no need for an individual policy and I do not qualify. Regardless, I was informed that I did not qualify for a subsidy.

It was obvious, that once it had confirmed my identity, it looked at my 2012 and likely 2013 quarterly federal and state returns and based upon that information, determined I was not eligible for any form of subsidy.

Old 12-19-2013, 01:46 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,825,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Being curious, I registered at my state's healthcare exchange early on. I declined to provide my social. I was then taken through an quick identification process. It provided me with a multiple choice of past residences and phone numbers. In a matter of seconds the system knew who I was. I declined to pursue a subsidy because I have no need for an individual policy and I do not qualify. Regardless, I was informed that I did not qualify for a subsidy.

It was obvious, that once it had confirmed my identity, it looked at my 2012 and likely 2013 quarterly federal and state returns and based upon that information, determined I was not eligible for any form of subsidy.
So we don't even have to know your social security number? Good to know.

Old 12-19-2013, 02:41 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,273,593 times
Quote:
This makes no sense.

The underlying policies, regardless of group or individual, needs to comply with the ACA.

ACA is law, not insurance.

All but one state requires auto owners to carry a defined minimum of liability insurance that complies with state law. Insurers, licensed in a state are required to issue liability policies that comply with state law. The state does not issue the policy.
This isnt auto insurance so I'm not sure why people keep equating the two, one has nothing to do with the other, nor does it have anything to do with the topic being discussed.

Obama could get a policy through Obamacare, i.e. healthcare.gov could he not? Yes, yes he could

But hes not, because once again, he's getting it through his employer, and we all know employers have a 1 year dealy on the mandate..

It makes lots of sense, if you know what is going on..

Old 12-19-2013, 02:45 PM

723 posts, read 635,655 times
I think this is the link that answers the question posed here.

Old 12-19-2013, 02:49 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,273,593 times
Quote:

Policies can be denied for not providing SS#'s

Do I have to provide Social Security numbers to obtain health insurance coverage? | Relph Compliance Update

All you did was mask your number, and have the system pull them automatically, thus uploading your SS#'s in the background.

Old 12-19-2013, 09:38 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,517,638 times
Quote:
According to Kaiser, the average employee contributes $4,565 to his employer sponsored group healthcare plan or about 25% of the true cost. This represents an 89% increase between 2003-2012, pre ACA.

Incomes have not kept pace with healthcare inflation, medical technology or the cost of prescription medications for a long, long time.
I use to pay $3,924 annually for Blue Cross/Blue Shield, with a $250 annual deductible. Since I am my own employer, that was 100% of the true cost. The exact same policy cost me $2,244 annually during the 1990s. That is a 74% total increase over the last 20 years, or an average increase of 3.7% per year.

When I said "I use to pay" I meant that as of October 1, 2013 I intentionally canceled my policy and am no longer insured. I also refuse to participate in the Affordable Health Care Act of 2010, and I will not be providing the IRS with any information concerning my health insurance coverage. I want the IRS to fine/penalize/tax me. It is the only way I can gain standing with the courts, so I (and millions like me) can end this liberal abomination once and for all.

Last edited by Glitch; 12-19-2013 at 09:51 PM..

Old 12-19-2013, 09:40 PM

723 posts, read 635,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I use to pay $3,924 annually for Blue Cross/Blue Shield, with a $250 annual deductible. Since I am my own employer, that was 100% of the true cost. The exact same policy cost me $2,244 annually during the 1990s. That is a 74% total increase over the last 20 years, or an average increase of 3.7% per year.

When I said "I use to pay" I meant that as of October 1, 2012 I intentionally canceled my policy and am no longer insured. I also refuse to participate in the Affordable Health Care Act of 2010, and I will not be providing the IRS with any information concerning my health insurance coverage. I want the IRS to fine/penalize/tax me. It is the only way I can gain standing with the courts, so I (and millions like me) can end this liberal abomination once and for all.
Yeah, good luck with that. For your sake, I hope you enjoy wasting money. You'll be paying fines and not having health insurance for a loooong time.

Old 12-19-2013, 09:43 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,825,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykibs View Post
Yeah, good luck with that. For your sake, I hope you enjoy wasting money. You'll be paying fines and not having health insurance for a loooong time.
Yep, welcome to a tyranical government.

Old 12-19-2013, 09:47 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,517,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykibs View Post
Money spent in pursuit of liberty is never a waste.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies