Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 11:25 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
Are you for real? You are an example of the reason the present system is on its last legs. Get ready for a change!
It is not on it's last legs - not by a long shot

AND, yes, I am for real.

Do you want the Government to be your Nanny?

Old 11-27-2007, 11:27 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
Quote:
How many persons on this board think it's a good idea that you might have to declare bankruptcy to overcome the costs incurred to recover from a catastrophic auto accident caused by a driver with no insurance?
How do you propose to solve this?
Would there be a federal 'Get hit by an uninsured driver and we pay program'?

Old 11-27-2007, 11:28 AM

4,714 posts, read 8,462,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post

AND, yes, I am for real.

Do you want the Government to be your Nanny?

What a stupid, sexist question. (Betrays that you're mortally afraid of Hillary as President) I want the government to provide a service that has a rational basis of risk distribution for catastrophic health services, true supervision of the public health (immunizations, nutrition, prenatal, elder care), and an end to arbitrary mistreatment of citizens due to bad luck, unequal access to medical care, inefficient market structure in healthcare services, etc. etc.

Old 11-27-2007, 11:31 AM

Nanny, as in Nanny state.

Nanny state - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
What a stupid, sexist question. I want the government to provide a service that has a rational basis of risk distribution, supervision of the public health, and an end to arbitrary mistreatment of citizens due to bad luck, unequal access to medical care, inefficient market structure in healthcare services, etc. etc.
In other words, you want the government to take care of you - to wipe your nose if you fall down and hurt yourself!

No one is denied healthcare in this country. Someone who has been seriously injured in a car accident (or other event) and are uninsured will get great treatment, at no cost if necessary, in the hospitals that I am familiar with - your statements alleging otherwise are nothing more than hyperbole imo

5,168 posts, read 11,439,950 times
Agree with everything you say, Corkonian....if I weren't married to an American, who doesn't speak german, I'd be would have been on the plane back, long ago. Ireland looks like a very appealing place, btw...
Even though there are many good people in the US, they will never overcome the power corporations have in this country. And from the looks of it, it will only get worse. People have been brainwashed into thinking this is a good thing, LOL. If it is so great, why is the middle class shrinking and the number of people that just get by growing? Why are there millions of people without healthcare? If you listened to some on this board, it is all their own fault, of course, for not being selfish and cut-throat enough. Everyone should have jobs that pay the most money, to heck with those jobs that don't make tons of $$$$. Guess all the people that work in nursing homes, in day care, in schools etc. should just go work for Monsanto instead...
That is not the kind of society I want to live in... or the kind of life I want to lead.

Best countries to live | The Daily Telegraph

Best countries to live
Article from: Reuters
Font sizeecreaseIncrease
Email article:Email
Print article:Print
Submit comment:Submit comment
November 28, 2007 12:00am
AUSTRALIA is the third-most desirable country in which to live according to an annual United Nations report that looks at wealth, life expectancy and educational levels.

Australia came in behind top ranking Iceland, and Norway in second spot.

The top three nations have not changed since last year's report, when Australia was again in third, but Norway was on top and Iceland second.

AIDS-afflicted sub-Saharan African states occupied the lowest rankings of the UN Human Development Index, which assesses 177 countries and territories on the three key indicators.

As expected, rich free-market countries dominate the top places.

Behind Iceland, Norway and Australia come Canada and Ireland. But the United States has slipped to 12th place, from eighth last year.

Old 11-27-2007, 11:32 AM

Quote:
In other words, you want the government to take care of you - to wipe your nose if you fall down and hurt yourself!

No one is denied healthcare in this country.

You're talking GOP myths here! You've got some reality-calibration to do, buddy!

Old 11-27-2007, 11:33 AM

Quote:

History and American economic health ain't on your side, buddy!

Old 11-27-2007, 11:34 AM

Australia???

Hmmm,guess if you don't mind even more government control of your life.

Also incredibly expensive to live,you have a lot of other people depending upon your income.

Old 11-27-2007, 11:34 AM

Quote:
You're talking GOP myths here! You've got some reality-calibration to do, buddy!
Nope - I'm doing just fine

Thanks

I don't look to the government when I scape my knee -

OBTW - I am not a Republican nor Democrat

Both parties suck - big time IMHO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies