Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 12:28 PM

236 posts, read 615,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:

It's getting to the point where I am in favor of allowing police to search any known gang member at any time for any reason.....
Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Quote:

......and if any guns or drugs are found on the person they get put away for life without parole.
Amendment VIII

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2007, 12:30 PM

236 posts, read 615,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petertherock View Post
I just don't understand why the honest black and hispanics haven't tried to take back thier neighborhoods.

I just don't understand why the honest whites haven't cracked down on thier brethern that make discrimnation in the job market against black men wide spread and prevalent,so much so,that white felons are more likely to be hired than college educated black men with criminal record and equal qualifications.

Old 11-29-2007, 12:30 PM

646 posts, read 1,787,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lioninaconcretejungle View Post
Please provide links to these studies.

Thanks in advance!!!!
You can read about some of it here:

A Roshanda by any other name. - By Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner - Slate Magazine

Old 11-29-2007, 12:34 PM

69 posts, read 272,891 times
I live in Stockton, CA, and just a few years ago everyone was White, and the neighborhoods were safe and quiet. Now suddenly there's "Mexicans" everywhere, and now Stockton has the most crime of any town in the county. It's just sad the citizens of this country have to experience this, because it means the army and national guard aren't doing their jobs.

Old 11-29-2007, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeeParis View Post
I live in Stockton, CA, and just a few years ago everyone was White, and the neighborhoods were safe and quiet. Now suddenly there's "Mexicans" everywhere, and now Stockton has the most crime of any town in the county. It's just sad the citizens of this country have to experience this, because it means the army and national guard aren't doing their jobs.
Why do you say that the Army and the National Guard aren't doing their jobs?

Old 11-29-2007, 12:47 PM

69 posts, read 272,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockholmaren View Post
Why do you say that the Army and the National Guard aren't doing their jobs?
It's their job to protect the U.S. citizens from invasion by another country.

Old 11-29-2007, 01:09 PM

208 posts, read 416,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lioninaconcretejungle View Post
I just don't understand why the honest whites haven't cracked down on thier brethern that make discrimnation in the job market against black men wide spread and prevalent,so much so,that white felons are more likely to be hired than college educated black men with criminal record and equal qualifications.
It's a game of chicken. No one wants to go first and no one wants to feel like their giving up anything.

You go first.
No...you go first.
You should go first because you have___.
So what! You have ___.

John Doe is afraid of being put at a disadvantage even though such an action or character change would actually benefit him and society. But hey, "Benefit society? Screw society. I gotta pay the minimum balance on my credit cards."

People can be pretty simple and selfish creatures.

There is a correlation between crime and economic status. There is also a correlation between crime and breathing. The latter isn’t saying much as is normally the case with the simplest answer. There are just so many factors to consider. Starting a discussion is a step in the right direction as long as we can remain open.

I think there is a high degree of hopelessness. I think there is a high degree of dysfunctional behavior that comes from poor parenting, self hate and other emotional issues stemming from the legacy of institutional racism and social rejection. There is also a degree of embarrassment I would think. Who wants to be reminded of shortcomings while trying to combat stereotypes and negative media attention? Especially when others use the shortcomings to feel good about themselves?

I think many of the social programs designed to help have hurt. Feeding a man is never as helpful as teaching him how to feed himself and the folks who put these programs together know this. But you gotta create the conditions you need to maintain a lack of social cohesiveness.

Personal opinion - I think the top 1% has everything to gain by seeing us quibble over factors they dictate.

Nobody cared about Martin leading a civil rights movement. But they weren’t about to let him lead a multi-racial poor people movements that addressed economic inequality. So the government, big business, media and the news (all owned by the same 1% and rule your life) will continue to do what is in their best interests while we on CD quibble with each other over factors they dictate.

I gotta win the lottery.

Old 11-29-2007, 01:12 PM

Quote:
It's their job to protect the U.S. citizens from invasion by another country.
So Mexico has decided to invade the US? It's not like the country of Mexico has decided to initiate a war with the US. More precisely, what should the military forces be doing? They are not border patrol.

Old 11-29-2007, 02:03 PM

1,511 posts, read 978,403 times
Quote:
any websites that can verify this information?

it sounds like a bland racial argument.

Old 11-29-2007, 02:06 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,770,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkonian View Post
There's a lot of silent-type racism in this board, I think. Then again, you only have to read a few posts in the immigration forums to see how racist people truly can be, especially towards Hispanics and African Americans.

You wonder why there's so much crime in your country and why people turn to crime. Newsflash: they're desperate, hopeless, lost and isolated, chastised by the rest of society as the rest of society look down on them and scapegoat them. America is a society of inequality and much of it still stems from race and colour of skin. Minorities turn to drugs and crime because they have no hope. I'm not excusing the crimes they commit and I do believe that any crime should be severely punished. However, it's really not difficult to see why America has some of the worst gun crime in the developed world, because it's a society of "haves" and "have nots" as I stated in another post.

Tackling crime isn't about banning the use of handguns as all that would do is take gun ownership away from law-abiding citizens who use their guns for recreation and pose no risk to society. Instead, there needs to be a real initiative to tackle crime and poverty in ethnic groups as grass roots level. People need to be made to feel that they ARE valuable members of society and that they can achieve anything they want to achieve. Sounds corny, but it's very true. Chastising, scapegoating, blaming and discriminating against people doesn't help at all...it just makes the problem 1,000,000 times worse as you alienate more and more people in the process.

To those of you who are "silently racist", try changing your point of view. African Americans and Hispanics are there to stay, whether you like it or not. Learn Spanish or something, I don't know! At the end of the day, we all bleed the same way and we're all fathers, mothers, sons, daughters, husbands or wives.
Just for your information, most crime in this country is as follows, white on white, black on black, brown on brown. Explain to me how that is racist. Or did your cork pop ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies