Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 05:16 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbe View Post
Just like the government needs to know if your income changes.
Only IF they are subsidizing, correct?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2014, 05:27 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Why does the govt. have to be notified? The article doesn't make sense. The govt. is not the insurer, except for Medicaid (and Medicare, but those people are not having babies).
Because of the premium subsidy.
The government must be notified of any change in status so they can adjust the premium subsidy.

You get married and they need to know.
You get divorced and they need to know.
You have a baby or two and they need to know.
You adopt and they need to know.
You lose your job and they need to know.
You get a raise and they need to know.

They need to know a lot more than the insurance company does now.
All because the premium subsidy is means tested.

Old 01-04-2014, 05:34 PM

7,498 posts, read 5,745,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tele-Cat View Post
Forgive me if I don't get all upset. "Parents," get a lot of gimmes anyway, so while I support the ACA, as a childfree person tired of subsidizing parents, I can't get very worked up about this.
I get tired of subsidizing illegals and lazy people. Maybe the government will let me call in and change my IRS rates?

Old 01-04-2014, 07:39 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
except, HC.gov does give the option to update your info, which includes income level and number of people covered by age group.
The entire article is exactly about how you can NOT update your Status on HealthCare.gov.

It's doesn't make any difference to me- or even most of the posters here, about the total Incompetence of the Obama Administration's efforts in setting up this Failure of a System.

If you (or anyone else) want to try and Defend it ...... good luck, but the reality is that the System can NOT process Life Style 'changes'. The AP, Reuters and New York Times have all reported on this deficiency. Don't be foolish enough to ignore them all. The Obama folks had over 3 years to set this up and they STILL can't get it done. Not to say that they won't eventually get there, but they certainly are not there today -- it's a problem. It's another Failure. It's more Incompetence.

Old 01-05-2014, 03:21 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Because of the premium subsidy.
The government must be notified of any change in status so they can adjust the premium subsidy.

You get married and they need to know.
You get divorced and they need to know.
You have a baby or two and they need to know.
You adopt and they need to know.
You lose your job and they need to know.
You get a raise and they need to know.

They need to know a lot more than the insurance company does now.
All because the premium subsidy is means tested.
That may be so, but why try to return to the ACA website to attempt to notify whomever in the government that needs to be notified?

If your insurance carrier can not notify those that need to be informed, I would think they would have the information of by what means the governemnt must be notified.

The ACA website is not the "fix all" of health coverage issues.

Old 01-05-2014, 03:25 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,546 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
The entire article is exactly about how you can NOT update your Status on HealthCare.gov.

It's doesn't make any difference to me- or even most of the posters here, about the total Incompetence of the Obama Administration's efforts in setting up this Failure of a System.

If you (or anyone else) want to try and Defend it ...... good luck, but the reality is that the System can NOT process Life Style 'changes'. The AP, Reuters and New York Times have all reported on this deficiency. Don't be foolish enough to ignore them all. The Obama folks had over 3 years to set this up and they STILL can't get it done. Not to say that they won't eventually get there, but they certainly are not there today -- it's a problem. It's another Failure. It's more Incompetence.
As it has already been explained to you, the article in the OP makes no such claim. And if you want to quote where AP, Reuters or the Times actually does make that claim, do so. Further more, i had to update my own information on the site just a month and a half ago and it gave me the option to change the number of no existent children I have.

As for the rest of your B.S. argument about the system, last time I checked, 9 million people have health coverage who didnt just 3 months ago. The only one being foolish here is you.

They also didnt have 3 years to build the freaking website, they had 3 years to find a company to build the website. And by the way I love how the government is now blamed for CGI creating a faulty website.

its not a failure at all, its a puff piece to take up space while you try to find an actual problem.

Last edited by dsjj251; 01-05-2014 at 03:44 AM..

Old 01-05-2014, 04:19 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Oops. Another leetle problem with Obamacare. Did you just have a baby? Get married? Change jobs? Get a raise that might change your subsidy status? Get your hours changed (I hear that's happening a lot now)?

Should be no problem. Just log on to the Obamacare site, enter the new information, they system will adjust to it, and you're done. Right?

Except... there's nowhere in the Obamacare site to put in the new information, or make such changes.

So, who's going to pay for the care for that new baby, while the govt straightens that out? The baby won't wait, you know. Whose problem is it, to take care of these demands right now?

You guessed it.

Well, they'll probably get around to it, eventually. As soon as they get everything else fixed.

But this is America. If you don't like the way this is being handled by the present system, you can just go to the competition. Can't you?

Except... there isn't any competition. Not any more.

You only THOUGHT this was America. It isn't as much "America" as you thought. Not any more.

Happy new year, in this Brave New World.

---------------------------------------------

APNewsBreak: Adding a new baby to plan not easy

APNewsBreak: Adding a new baby to plan not easy

by RICARDO ALONSO-ZALDIVAR
10 hours ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — There's another quirk in the Obama administration's new health insurance system: It lacks a way for consumers to quickly and easily update their coverage for the birth of a baby and other common life changes.

With regular private insurance, parents just notify the health plan. Insurers will still cover new babies, the administration says, but parents will also have to contact the government at some point later on.

Right now the HealthCare.gov website can't handle such updates.
All going back to the fact we had to pass it to know what was in it. This is all on the Dems

Old 01-05-2014, 05:08 AM

1,074 posts, read 757,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
OH NO

They are making people call their insurer to add the baby immediately

OH MY GOD

the horror
Nope. That's all it used to take. Not so with Obamacare. The government has to approve the changes.

When are you apparatchiks going to get a clue?

Old 01-05-2014, 05:12 AM

1,074 posts, read 757,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Why does the govt. have to be notified? The article doesn't make sense. The govt. is not the insurer, except for Medicaid (and Medicare, but those people are not having babies).
The government may not be the insurer, but the government is making the rules, and there have been no provisions made for changing family circumstances.

I heard about this problem before. It's just another little "glitch," as the administration likes to call them, in the poorly designed Obamacare system.

Sorry, you (Obama sycophants) lose again.

Old 01-05-2014, 06:46 AM

471 posts, read 600,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tele-Cat View Post
Forgive me if I don't get all upset. "Parents," get a lot of gimmes anyway, so while I support the ACA, as a childfree person tired of subsidizing parents, I can't get very worked up about this.
Don't worry, you'll get yours when the younger people are subsidizing you when you are old. You know, working and paying into systems that you will most certainly be taking more than you paid into like SS, Medicare and the like. Not to mention, those young people who will have to care for you when you are old and enfeebled rather than letting you rot in a diaper for days.

Don't forget, your family was "subsidized" when you were young, or did you just drop in as a fully employed uppder middle class maximum tax rate payin' adult on Earth.

I'm ok that people decide to be "childfree" but somehow, some of them think that they are an island unto themselves with this whiny, ignorant, and self centered "I'm subsidizin' everyone" mentality.

People willing to have kids, especially this day and age, go through an incredible amount of personal sacrifice, and for the most part, we are all beneficiaries. Where do you think future doctors, nurses, engineers, inventors, builders, artisans, etc come from. Do they just drop in as full max tax rate employed and educated adults like you did? No, they had to be born, people had to sacrifice to raise them, educate them, in the hopes that their contributions would ultimately benefit society.

It's called having a society. We all support each other in different ways and we are supported in many ways we never see or may not understand.

This sort of whiny selfish attitude of "I'm my own island" is a big part of the problem in this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies