Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 01:53 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,843,375 times

Advertisements

I just received a letter from my insurance company, BCBS. The perfect policy for my family of four with a $10k deductible that I have been carrying is not grandfathered in. The new policy offer drops my deductible to 5.5k. The original policy premium is $267 a month. The new policy you ask? $869 friggin dollars! I do not NEED a lower deductible, or anything else covered. I have the cash to cover my deductible, and just want protection against major medical issues.
Thank you, thank you sooooo much for voting in favor of this monstrosity! It is such a joy to tack on an additional $600 a month with no additional tangible benefit. I am an employer, and whatever extra I have to make for covering this will prevent paying it to those I employ. Great job voters and elected officials, wonderful foresight, as usual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2013, 02:43 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,462,376 times
Wait, Obamacare exchanges are online (even SHOP for small businesses)...how did you just get a letter with your plan?

Why would you get personal health insurance when you have a small business and can get insurance through that?

This doesn't even pass the smell test. If you are going to make up false stories, at least try and get it right.

Old 10-04-2013, 02:50 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,946,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredgrooves View Post
I just received a letter from my insurance company, BCBS. The perfect policy for my family of four with a $10k deductible that I have been carrying is not grandfathered in. The new policy offer drops my deductible to 5.5k. The original policy premium is $267 a month. The new policy you ask? $869 friggin dollars! I do not NEED a lower deductible, or anything else covered. I have the cash to cover my deductible, and just want protection against major medical issues.
Thank you, thank you sooooo much for voting in favor of this monstrosity! It is such a joy to tack on an additional $600 a month with no additional tangible benefit. I am an employer, and whatever extra I have to make for covering this will prevent paying it to those I employ. Great job voters and elected officials, wonderful foresight, as usual.
Im sorry im dubious of those that get on and post "horror stoires". There is no way for independent verification. You should be able to understand my reaction as so many have just told falsehoods to further agendas.

3,406 posts, read 3,451,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Wait, Obamacare exchanges are online (even SHOP for small businesses)...how did you just get a letter with your plan?

Why would you get personal health insurance when you have a small business and can get insurance through that?

This doesn't even pass the smell test. If you are going to make up false stories, at least try and get it right.
It does pass the smell test. I have a llc (small business owner) i do not have employees but i could if i want to. 2 yrs ago my family of 4 policy was $337 a month with a 8k deductable. Now it is just under $700 with a 12,000 deductable and i got one of those letters to reup for $40 more a month till dec 2014 or find a new plan now. Fyi that reup plan expires for good dec 2014.

He could have 1-2 employees that he pays some towards their plans and it would be cheaper to have had individual plans vs a small business group plan. He might not be able to qualify for a group plan based on size of business.

542 posts, read 692,317 times
I have private insurance through Blue Shield and had been paying high premiums before I switched a much lower-premium plan early in the summer. I just got a letter saying that the new plan I'm on won't be carried over, and the plan they suggested (the cheapest, I believe) has a 44% increase in the price of premiums to cover the changes due to the health care law.

So, yay. I thank Obamacare, too.

Old 10-04-2013, 02:56 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,778,476 times
Obama said if you like your insurance you can keep your insurance. He didnt say that you'd pay 5Xs the premiums. Same with Doctors, O bama cant force a Doctor to accept Insurance and people will not be able to chose their own

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Is BCBS the only insurer you have considered? Is there is no other insurer that has a better montly premium?

Old 10-04-2013, 02:58 PM

3,406 posts, read 3,451,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boner View Post
Obama said if you like your insurance you can keep your insurance. He didnt say that you'd pay 5Xs the premiums. Same with Doctors, O bama cant force a Doctor to accept Insurance and people will not be able to chose their own
He also left out that yes you can keep your plan.... Until december 2014.. But not after that. They must have been triming his speech down and needed to cut a few seconds to fit the time alloted.

Old 10-04-2013, 03:02 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Quote:

Because you've owned how many small businesses, exactly????

Old 10-04-2013, 03:03 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Im sorry im dubious of those that get on and post "horror stoires". There is no way for independent verification. You should be able to understand my reaction as so many have just told falsehoods to further agendas.
Because, you know, the Messiah could NEVER create a monstrosity that adversely affects the nation. NEVER!!!

Old 10-04-2013, 03:05 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
Quote:

Alot of people are getting these letters. I got one myself from Highmark. I was grandfathered in until next year after which my policy will be terminated. I called Highmark and they told me alot of people are getting these letters and most policies holders are being notified that their policies are being terminated December 31, 2013. For me, until my policy is terminated the letter also notified me that my monthly policy payments are increasing.

I went to the Obamacare calculator and if I buy into the exchange my insurance policy cost increases almost $2000,00 a year.

So EmeraldCity, don't assume OP is lying for you will make an ass out of yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies