Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support life equality?
Yes, I support the equal right to life for all. 42 53.16%
No, I do not support the equal right to life for all. 37 46.84%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 07:31 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,792,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxondale351 View Post
1. Its not a life as we describe life when its in the first trimester. After that it gets harder to draw the line but the first Tri, is nothing but a tub of goo.

2. You may as well say an egg is a human life and is aborted every month that a sperm is not allowed to fertilize it. Its a dumb argument based on a stupid idea of life. If you cut your arm off and can keep it alive by artificial means is it murder to cut off that life support? Dumb ass thinking. Now do you neo cons who love the death penalty go so far as to say that that should be stopped? According to you a life is a life. Crazy nut bars.
1. Well, Yes, it depends on how you define "life". Of course, I don't think that the definition of life is particularly relevant here, considering that we kill many non-human animals all of the time.

2. Poor comparisons, since those things are body parts, not whole human beings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2014, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
1. I'm not pro abortion, I don't support abortion by anyone I know. However I have read enough about biology and understand the reproductive process enough to form my opinion.

2. I am not going to change yalls minds. I could go to a long post about viability, and the percentage of miscarriage in the first 3 months of pregnancy, and all other kinds of factual information. It won't do me any good, as I said, I would never change your mind.

3. My opinion is that if my neighbors want an abortion, it doesn't effect me, so I don't care.
1. Out of curiosity--if someone supports legal infanticide but not by anyone which he or she knows, would you consider this individual to be pro-infanticide?

2. I don't think that the percentage of miscarriage in the first three months of pregnancy or whatever is particularly relevant in this debate, any more than, say, the fact that 99.9% of all human beings die before age 110.

3. It is spelled "affect", not "effect".

Old 01-04-2014, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And thankfully, many understand the difference between an embryo and an infant.
Keep in mind that not everyone considers the difference between an embryo and an infant to be relevant in regards to this, though.

Old 01-04-2014, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
A tumor is 'alive' and made of human cells, doesn't make it a human life.
A tumor is not a human being.

Old 01-04-2014, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Good question. Why do you and other anti-choicers have no regard for the value of a woman's life and her choices?
Who says that we have no regard for the value of a woman's life? We simply need to balance competing interests here.

Old 01-04-2014, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
1. It has been determined that embryos aren't people.

2. They also aren't citizens.

From the Constitution:

Notice the world "born?"
1. Not everyone agrees with this, though.

2. Neither was I until I became a naturalized U.S. citizen. Your point here is?

Old 01-04-2014, 07:41 PM

Quote:
That's actually true but so what? She is entitled to her opinion and to reverse it. It doesn't give extra credence because now she agrees with you.
You are correct here. What Harrier is doing here appears to be an example of the argumentum ad hominem fallacy in reverse.

Old 01-04-2014, 08:53 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,001,988 times
Quote:
That's actually true but so what? She is entitled to her opinion and to reverse it. It doesn't give extra credence because now she agrees with you.
Of course it is true - Harrier posted it.

Old 01-04-2014, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I think women can draw lines around their own bodies just fine.
The trimesters are also fine, since we humans need things to measure and balance and weigh things against. It's like we came up with seconds, minutes, hours, days, etc.....They are made up for us to use. It's ok.
Perhaps so, but Harrier would prefer to see an elected body of representatives do that, rather than a handful of unelected men in black robes.

Old 01-04-2014, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
You are correct here. What Harrier is doing here appears to be an example of the argumentum ad hominem fallacy in reverse.
LOL! Please explain.

If you are saying that Harrier is not personally attacking anybody, you are correct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies