Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 12:01 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times

Advertisements

Those of us who love freedom are celebrating the departure of Nanny State Bloomberg. This world is full of all kinds of idiots who think God gave them the power to tell others how to live their lives. Bloomberg may be the biggest Nanny State advocate of all. Let's rejoice that there is only one Bloomberg in this world.

Come Back, Nanny Bloomberg? Remembering Mayor Mike as Bill de Blasio Takes Reins in NYC - Hit & Run : Reason.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2014, 12:05 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
He'll be like a bad penny for many years to come. Unless cosmic justice has a turn.

Old 01-05-2014, 12:18 PM

29,825 posts, read 24,908,096 times
Both. Problem is, because he's such an idiot, he assumes the majority of Americans are even more idiotic. In his mind, Americans must be protected from themselves, and the bad decisions they will undoubtedly make.

Hopefully, Bloomturd will live out the rest of his life in solitude, where he will never again be given the chance to dictate the will of another again.

Old 01-05-2014, 12:21 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Both. Problem is, because he's such an idiot, he assumes the majority of Americans are even more idiotic. In his mind, Americans must be protected from themselves, and the bad decisions they will undoubtedly make.

Hopefully, Bloomturd will live out the rest of his life in solitude, where he will never again be given the chance to dictate the will of another again.
Not with a personal fortune of 5 billion he won't.

Old 01-05-2014, 12:21 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,823,807 times
He's probably more dangerous not being Mayor. Now he has more time to put more money and effort into turning the entire world into a nanny state.

Shame on New Yorkers for loving Bloomberg so much that they voted for him 3 times when there was a 2 term limited. He took the cool out of NYC. Nanny states are not cool in the least.

Old 01-05-2014, 12:25 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Many things Bloomberg did for the city as mayor was good, some things were bad.

Old 01-05-2014, 12:31 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Bloomberg; Idiot or just the worlds biggest Nanny?

How about both. Also, consider the people who voted for him. Even Christine Quinn felt comfortable publicizing ad nauseum and in great detail about how she'd follow Bloomberg's lead in controlling restaurant establisments with respect to nutritional/portion dictates. No doubt, DeBlasio will follow suit, too.

Old 01-05-2014, 12:35 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
You get the government you deserve.. New Yorkers voted for him.

Old 01-05-2014, 12:41 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post

Quote:
Bloomberg: Look, I will stay involved in the cases I care about. I’m not just going to give away money. I want to actually be involved with guns and immigration and innovation and government and public health. Exactly how, I don’t know. I will certainly continue to work with the 63 cities signed up for our climate leadership group, and I just agreed to become the chairman of the board of a small, avant-garde art museum in London [the Serpentine Gallery]. Those things will lead to a lot of other things. I’m not worried about it. I can tell you what I won’t do. I’m not going to become a professional investor. That’s somebody else’s job. I don’t want to teach. I don’t want to become a consultant. These things don’t appeal to me. I’m not going back to Bloomberg L.P. I don’t want to start a new company. I want to do a number of different things. My life has always been structured: one job, 24/7. Everybody I’ve talked to who has been able to handle the transition from a place where everybody wants your opinion to one where nobody does–that’s overstating it a bit but not by much–their advice has always been there will be lots of interesting things that present themselves, and you don’t need to rush into it. Oh, yeah, I’m also going to work on my Spanish. I am adamant that I want to speak Spanish like a native.

Michael Bloomberg: The Exit Interview - Forbes

Bloomberg gets an A+ for his "green" policies and as for the right wing stupidity frenzy over huge soda cups, that was a total non-issue. Funny when non NY'ers kvetch about Bloomberg. I'll always appreciate the successful green policies he put in place and De Blasio has vowed to continue in that direction.

Quote:
Will Bloomberg's Successor Continue His Green Legacy?
From bike lanes to building codes, New York's next mayor will shape the city's climate policy.

Whoever lands in the mayor's office next has big shoes to fill when it comes to combating climate change. Bloomberg has been one of the country's—and the world's—most visionary politicians when it comes to slowing climate change and mitigating its effects. Bloomberg's comprehensive plan, called PlaNYC 2030, aims to build a greener metropolis and includes improved energy efficiency standards for buildings, transit-oriented development of new housing, and claims credit for a 13 percent reduction in the city's greenhouse gas emissions below 2005 levels. In July, Bloomberg announced a plan to spend $20 billion on floodgates and other defenses against the rising tides.

"Bloomberg has done great work with his recent climate plan, to mitigate the impacts of climate and reduce emissions," Eric Whalen, a field organizer with Environment New York, said on Tuesday afternoon. "We're hopeful the winning candidate will continue Bloomberg's work to mitigate global warming and increase energy efficiency."

De Blasio gives Bloomberg high marks for these policies and pledges to continue them.

Will Bloomberg's Successor Continue His Green Legacy? | Mother Jones

Last edited by sickofnyc; 01-05-2014 at 12:52 PM..

Old 01-05-2014, 01:14 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Surely out of 8 million people they could find somebody that would do good things without the Nanny State agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies