Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 03:56 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,586,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I have often wondered, how many of those who support abortion think capital punishment is wrong? I am sure there are many. I have seen a few on here think that. If you do feel abortion is the right of the woman carrying the baby, even though it is taking a life (especially after 20 weeks) how can you think allowing a murdering to stay alive is right?
First you need to distinguish the difference between guilty and innocent. After that, it's very easy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2014, 03:59 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,853,936 times
Just think .. If everyone who is so pro-chioce, pro-abortion, pro-murder of the innocents had had parents who felt the same .. This subject would never come up!

Old 01-08-2014, 06:54 PM

10,266 posts, read 16,035,638 times
Most people who are vegetarian because they feel bad for the animals are liberals who support abortion!

Old 01-08-2014, 08:32 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,360,146 times
Quote:
I have often wondered, how many of those who support abortion think capital punishment is wrong? I am sure there are many. I have seen a few on here think that. If you do feel abortion is the right of the woman carrying the baby, even though it is taking a life (especially after 20 weeks) how can you think allowing a murdering to stay alive is right?
How many times and in how many ways can one person start an anti-abortion thread on POC???

For the record, I am pro-choice and pro-capital punishment for certain heinous crimes.

Old 01-08-2014, 09:16 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,571,111 times
I support both pro-choice and capital punishment. We need to cull the herd.

Old 01-09-2014, 04:32 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,254,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Just think .. If everyone who is so pro-chioce, pro-abortion, pro-murder of the innocents had had parents who felt the same .. This subject would never come up!
And maybe this is just one reason I have such strong feelings about abortion for the sake of not having the kid...We have 2 adopted children. Both of course are grown with kids of their own now. I think of what might have been if they had been aborted. I also think of how many innocent babies are taken today, when there are so many couples that would love to adopt those babies. I would never say, there no reasons to abort; nothing is that black and white, but my guess is: 75% of all babies that are aborted could and should be carried to term and if the mother can not or does not want to raise the baby they can put it up for adoption.

We always hear the argument, too many babies are being born to women living in poverty. People get real; most women living in poverty do not abort. They prefer to collect their welfare checks or they think they just want someone to love and they can be a good parent. Or you hear the argument, why should I carry the baby, just to give it away? Isn't that first, a selfish reason to take the baby's life and shouldn't a woman have thought about this, before she had unprotected sex? Of course I am generalizing, we all know there is no birth control that is 100% fool proof except abstinence, but most pregnancies are a case of carelessness.

Old 01-09-2014, 04:36 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,254,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
How many times and in how many ways can one person start an anti-abortion thread on POC???

For the record, I am pro-choice and pro-capital punishment for certain heinous crimes.
Excuse me: how many times have I started a post about abortion? I have responded to many. This will be an issue and something we will continue to discuss often. Just like some posts about certain candidates for Pres, is Obama a good or bad President, is Cruz eligible to run for Pres. and so on.

Old 01-09-2014, 04:46 AM

1,074 posts, read 760,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
While this is always brought up in abortion or death penalty debates, I have a hard time seeing how the two are related and I see nothing inconsistent about being pro-choice and anti-death penalty or pro-life and pro-death penalty.
Well, I'll tell you how they are related. Abortion is the taking of innocent life.

Murder is also the taking of innocent life, and the death penalty is prescribed (by God) as punishment for the taking of innocent life.

Therefore, how can one be for abortion, yet against the death penalty? It's okay to take the life of a child, but not execute a murderer?

Also, it seems that a murderer kills someone for his/her convenience. Abortion is also done for convenience. Isn't it strange?

Old 01-09-2014, 04:53 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,765,350 times
I'm Pro Choice... I believe that women should have the right to choose to use protection or keep their legs close so not to get pregnant in the first place. I'm also pro choice for men. I believe that if women can sleep around unprotected and then get a choice to kill off their responsibility because "they aren't ready yet", then I think men should have the choice not to be jailed, lose their licences, get 90% of their pay checks taken, and be called dead beats because they also weren't ready yet and aren't taken care of their responsibilities.

So yea.... I'm pro choice too, and anti death penalty..

Last edited by DoniDanko; 01-09-2014 at 05:03 AM..

Old 01-09-2014, 05:03 AM

16,427 posts, read 22,272,570 times
Quote:
It is unfortunately necessary to terminate an adults life for serious wrongdoing. An unborn child is completely without guilt or sin. Abortion is murder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies