Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2014, 06:33 AM

1,074 posts, read 758,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
Why? Because you say so? I love homosexual acts.

And the innate attraction one has to the same sex they have no control over. Just as they can not control their skin color or whether they are left handed. Don't tell people that their choices are living in solitude or taking partners that they are not sexually attracted to (or further, sexually repulsed by).
Hardly can be compared to skin color or whether left or right handed. Sorry. It doesn't wash.

Last edited by FlamencoFreak; 01-08-2014 at 07:35 AM..

Old 01-08-2014, 06:35 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
It's impossible to not agree with this. If you want to boycott someone, go for it. It you want to ROFL at someone, go for it.

Political correctness is flat out killing America.
No, ignorance is.

Old 01-08-2014, 06:35 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,337,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamencoFreak View Post
Hardly can be compared to skin color or wether left or right handed. Sorry. It doesn't wash.
Because your mind is clouded with bigotry? I think so......

Old 01-08-2014, 06:36 AM

1,074 posts, read 758,082 times
Quote:
Oh really? Like what? Please give examples because I am pretty sure that it is unacceptable to say such derogatory things about the traits of people that they have no control over.
Tell it to God. See what He says.

Old 01-08-2014, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
irrelevant. The number of times you do something doesn't change its purpose.
And the purpose of sex has not been just for 'procreation' since before early hominids.

Old 01-08-2014, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Picking an extreme like this only shows the weakness in your argument. Procreation is very important to society and the survival of our species. If you want to know how important something is ask yourself what would happen if everyone stopped doing it. As to the importance of individuals, for all you know that baby born to that teen couple could cure cancer. Thinking you can speak to the importance of an individual based on where they were conceived is just ignorant.

And I can name lots of heterosexuals who have made major contributions to society too which means your list above is irrelevant because it's not sexual orientation dictating who contributes and who doesn't.
Why on earth would everyone stop having sex? Your arguments are the ones that are not only extreme but extremely simplistic.

Old 01-08-2014, 06:49 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,850,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Some people have a problem with the truth. And it is not the same as being black or Jewish. It is a sin against the natural order. Marriage of two people of the same sex would be the same as marriage of a human and an animal. That is not normal either. Children should be protected from being taught that abnormal is normal.
Just for the record, the same old arguments that's "its a sin" or the comparisons with bestiality are getting tiresome and old. Can you come up with anything meaningful for a change?

Old 01-08-2014, 06:51 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
How about because it is straight up rude?
How about they keep their degeneracy behind closed doors.

I don't need rainbow flags flying, I don't need have naked hip thrusting lewd behavior in parades.

In short, gay behavior is abnormal, but I don't care what they do behind closed doors. I don't need to have their lifestyle shouted in my face. They would gain more legitimacy if they did that then expecting the world to think what they do is normal.

Old 01-08-2014, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Many people on the political left don’t much like the First Amendment. That seems odd to someone of my generation. In past times people who suppressed what the Supreme Court ultimately ruled speech—student armbands, nude dancing, flag burning—were usually conservatives. But now it seems that it’s mostly liberals who want to shut down speech that offends them, no matter what the topic.
I disagree. I think liberals want to bring it out in the open and expose it for what it is, not suppress it.

Old 01-08-2014, 06:53 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Sure it does. If you fail to accept that you in your very posts do the very things you accuse others of doing...that is on you.
No, your failing to explain how I'm dong the same thing as others is on you.

Otherwise your accusation amounts to little more than sticking your tongue out and saying "I know you are, but what am I?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies