Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 05:36 PM

45,336 posts, read 60,500,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Then maybe we should enforce them better because it seems like the right wingers on this site think we ignore those that hire illegals.
What's the name of the Attorney General again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2014, 05:46 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
What's the name of the Attorney General again?
I don't see any Republicans trying to put any pressure on him or the president to do anything about employers hiring illegal immigrants, do you?

Old 01-08-2014, 05:50 PM

Quote:
I don't see any Republicans trying to put any pressure on him or the president to do anything about employers hiring illegal immigrants, do you?

Always excuses.

He's in charge of DOJ. He shouldn't "need" pressure from anyone to do his job. And, as he works for the President, the pressure should come from the Oval Office.

Old 01-08-2014, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Always excuses.

He's in charge of DOJ. He shouldn't "need" pressure from anyone to do his job. And, as he works for the President, the pressure should come from the Oval Office.
It probably isn't that big of an issue for him, though Obama and his administration has been busy deporting more people than past presidents, so there is that.

Old 01-08-2014, 05:58 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,173,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
More poor = more democrats

Obama is accomplishing his "mission". Next up- 30 million new illegal alien democrats.

This honestly should bother a
helluva lot more people.
If only they'd turn off their tv's,
get off Facebook, unplug their electronics & think.......

I can dream

Old 01-08-2014, 06:01 PM

Quote:
It probably isn't that big of an issue for him, though Obama and his administration has been busy deporting more people than past presidents, so there is that.
Another excuse.

You want to stop illegal immigration? Go after the employers. It's that ****ing simple. It doesn't matter what party is in the Executive branch.

Old 01-08-2014, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Another excuse.

You want to stop illegal immigration? Go after the employers. It's that ****ing simple. It doesn't matter what party is in the Executive branch.
Not giving excuses when I agree with you, I don't think either party cares about going after employers who hire illegal immigrants.

Old 01-08-2014, 06:34 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
This honestly should bother a
helluva lot more people.
If only they'd turn off their tv's,
get off Facebook, unplug their electronics & think.......

I can dream

It SHOULD bother many people. However, we have entered a new age in which 50% of the population is dependent upon government handouts. Those individuals really do not care who is paying for all of the benefits, as long as they keep coming.

30-40 million illegals assures the dems of generational control of the government, thus satisfying the "needs" of all the dependents. Until, of course, the whole house of cards collapses. I am sure that most democrats are for increasing the number of dependents (reducing the relative wealth and standard of living in the US) simply so "their party" can remain in power.

Ultimately the nation will dissolve under the weight of demands from the dependents. There will come a time when all of the free loaders will finally have to take care of themselves. Every gravy train comes to an end, and this one is no exception.

Old 01-08-2014, 06:38 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
I believe that E-Verify is a method of pressuring employers. Currently until E-verify becomes the law of the land employers can claim ignorance making it difficult to prosecute. It is the Republicans who are pushing for E-verify. I agree tho, neither party seems to be committed to enforcement.

Old 01-08-2014, 06:40 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Harry Reid has thrown 39 Jobs Bills sent from the House in the trash.

Who the Obstructionist?

Harry Reid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies