Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2014, 02:29 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,848,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Is your car's dashboard a living entity? No.
Of course not. But I used the term "intelligent design" in exactly the same fashion they did in the article. The car (and the crops) were designed by intelligent men (and women).

I am not even sure you've read the article. It flies in the face of what "Intelligent design" means to everyone else but you.

Old 01-22-2014, 02:31 PM

511 posts, read 799,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by css9450 View Post
OK, divine healing. Now we're getting somewhere. Would that be akin to a Miracle?
Of course, miracles happen every day.

Old 01-22-2014, 02:31 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,788,307 times
Quote:
Of course not. But I used the term "intelligent design" in exactly the same fashion they did in the article.
No, you didn't. The full title of the article cited is:
When can intelligent design of crops by humans outperform natural selection?

Or are you asserting that dashboards can evolve via natural selection?

Old 01-22-2014, 02:32 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,848,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdave35 View Post
Link?

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times
Quote:
Don't play ignorant. In a thread about creation vs. evolution, the term "intelligent design" isn't being discussed because of its relevance to crops or domestic and farm animals. Other than by you, that is.

"Intelligent Design" is a codeword for "Creationism", except the Creationists don't want the rest of us to realize it.
I don't think she's playing ignorant.

8,346 posts, read 7,041,850 times
I like how ID proponents are all about redefining what ID originally was used for to suit their means, but the moment homosexuals bring up redefining marriage...

3,026 posts, read 3,644,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
Yes perhaps you should read what HistorianDude writes on climate change.
You might learn something. But that's a different topic.

What are you talking about? What 'stuff that isn't allowed to be taught in school? What judge?

Can you explain what you even mean by the phrase "naturalistic fallacy"?

What 'evidence' are you referring to?

Why do you use the term 'evolutionists'. Do you also use the term "gravityists"?
Forgive me for using the wrong term, but I think you did know what I meant. It was obviously used to differentiate between creationists. Perhaps, I should have used a different term to differentiate the one from the other.

What evidence? Well, when I point out the fact that it's not all doom and gloom such as is the case that extremes are not increasing or some of the other extreme silliness that alarmists purport.

The naturalistic fallacy is when we assume what is natural is better or more healthy. In other words, natural climate change is good while man-made climate change is bad because what is natural is better. Instead of starting with a neutral opinion on the net effects of AGW, it is assumed the changes are all or almost all bad. This is largely why your good buddy David Suzuki has a problem with GMOs as well as climate change, in my opinion.

The stuff not allowed to be taught in schools would be statements from the Global Warming Bible such as, "that low-lying inhabited Pacific atolls 'are being inundated because of anthropogenic global warming'."

I will check out HistorianDude's link.

Old 01-22-2014, 02:34 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times
Quote:
Has to be the strangest and most slender of straws anyone could grasp at! Surely he's just doing it for hyperbole.
It actually is the obvious next step in what I have always called "The Incredible Shrinking Creation Model." In the progressive effort to get past the US Supreme Court, American creationists have been trying to conceal the more obviously religious components of their beliefs for at least the last 50 years.

First they were simply good old fashioned "Biblical Creationists."

Then they shed the references to the Bible and pretended to be non-sectarian "Scientific Creationists."

When that didn't work, they pretended to shed any specific creator and became "Intelligent Design" advocates.

IC's pathetic tactic here is just the next step, one in which you pretend the only intelligent designer you're talking about are ordinarily human beings.

It is so pathetically stupid that any real ID advocate would probably slap her.

Old 01-22-2014, 02:35 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I already posted the link of the NIH article citing "intelligent design."
Equivocation is not evidence.

Old 01-22-2014, 02:36 PM

33,524 posts, read 37,125,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdave35 View Post
So where is your evidence?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies