Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2014, 11:04 AM

33,602 posts, read 37,242,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Only if your head is firmly planted in the sand.

How many of you ID deniers are willing to believe that humans (intelligence) had nothing to do with the evolution of dogs, cats, farm animals, crops, etc.?
That is called artificial selection.... You have no clue how any of this evolution stuff works do you? Artificial selection

Old 01-18-2014, 11:08 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,418,776 times
Quote:
I also posted this:
Intelligent Design - Disclaimer

Does that mean those at the above posted link believe in religious-based creationism?
Who knows?

They are an industrial design company- so what does that have to do with a supposed "Intelligent Designer" who supposedly designed all life on earth?

Your posts on this topic are getting more and more ridiculous. I didn't think that was possible.

Old 01-18-2014, 11:09 AM

89,414 posts, read 45,120,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
The Creationists created that definition of ID.
They created their own definition of ID in 1984, long after the concept had been in existence. Shame on you for buying into it. But that's what happens when one has a closed mind.

Old 01-18-2014, 11:11 AM

89,414 posts, read 45,120,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
That is called artificial selection.... You have no clue how any of this evolution stuff works do you? Artificial selection
"Artificial selection" initiated by what/who? Intelligent Design.

Old 01-18-2014, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greaemonkey View Post
Clark Kent can't be Superman ...everyone knows Clark Kent wears glasses and Superman doesn't!
Apparently that's too deep a concept for that poster.

Old 01-18-2014, 11:21 AM

Quote:
They created their own definition of ID in 1984, long after the concept had been in existence. Shame on you for buying into it. But that's what happens when one has a closed mind.
I get it. You just don't WANT to know that ID is just creationism rebadged. So you pretend all the evidence that proves it is just doesn't exist. Easy.

Old 01-18-2014, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
She doesn't have a clue how Intelligent design is supposed to work either. Although that's not surprising - no IDer does. Because it doesn't work.

Old 01-18-2014, 12:12 PM

6,514 posts, read 6,722,615 times
I interrupt the currently ongoing argument to bring up something I just read online. Perhaps this has already been posted and discussed, but having given up 2 days ago on staying current with EVERY post in this thread, here it is:

"The agreed-upon topic for the debate is:
"Is creation a viable model of origins in today's modern scientific era?" "

Since the theory of evolution does not attempt to explain the ORIGIN of life (this point has been emphasized many times in this thread), then how/why does anyone expect the upcoming debate to be about evolution?? The statement above says it is to be about ORIGINS.

Old 01-18-2014, 12:28 PM

33,602 posts, read 37,242,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
I interrupt the currently ongoing argument to bring up something I just read online. Perhaps this has already been posted and discussed, but having given up 2 days ago on staying current with EVERY post in this thread, here it is:

Since the theory of evolution does not attempt to explain the ORIGIN of life (this point has been emphasized many times in this thread), then how/why does anyone expect the upcoming debate to be about evolution?? The statement above says it is to be about ORIGINS.
The debate is on the origin of humanity, not the origin of life, so it will certainly be about evolution.

Old 01-18-2014, 01:09 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,115,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post

Life is only one thing. There are other things with origins suitable for discussion here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies